• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

not that I'm playing the game, but hypothetically if I was playing the game and had to pick someone to call town right now, it'd be Herbe
ooh, first tentative townread of the game, what a badge of honor!
if herbe is mafia i'll have to quit the game though so Don't Disappoint Me
i probably will shame-drop out if he flips wolf
no please don't actually!! you've been awesome :> maaaan I wish I had been your Eldritch Monster, we vibe so good, it would have been an awesome team
herbe remains one of my strong townreads, but i'm very afraid that he'll betray me lol. he's pocketing me just by being cute
herbe pocketed us all by being a Good Boy and Friend for several dozen threads
I was a good boy and friend...... just not to the people I killed
because we all trust Herbe, I think
I like Herbe's recent posting - it feels natural and genuine.

I would not be sticking my neck out this damn far if this was mafia!herbe about to lose fellowmafia!mawile tbh. There is no incentive here, it would be too big a risk
y'all bought this??????
to be fair, my win condition was VERY dependent on Mawile surviving. Wasn't lying about that - I really was desparate about it
Wild Thought: mafia!Mawile said he targeted mafia!Herbe on n0 so that some pages later mafia!Herbe could hardclaim honeypot lovers
Rari you were just far, far too smart. I know you were speaking at this point with a red check on Mawile, but seriously. You had to die for this statement alone, lmao. Should have taken you out right then, tbh. Like, you were on the ball so damn much. Impressive...

Anyway, yeah! I had SO much fun, and I can't wait to vibe in deadchat! Mawile, how I miss you...

aabgnqze_700w_0-jpg.394

(For posterity)

to be fair, my win condition was VERY dependent on Mawile surviving. Wasn't lying about that - I really was desparate about it
i #soulread that herbe did genuinely need mawile alive, but
i didn't consider that herbe could be mafia and still need mawile to survive
a la thanatos gambit
god damn

urgh

with EoD coming up i want to say that i understand if i end up next in line because of the herbe revelation (herbelation? herbvelation? herb-) and i guess i shouldn't care because i've lost either way but :(((((

flora/seri/emmy/seshas/herbe/skylar
seri 100% clear. then this clears skylar, leaves seshas kind of ambiguous i think, probably clears emmy?, don't know what else

i #soulread that herbe did genuinely need mawile alive, but
i didn't consider that herbe could be mafia and still need mawile to survive
a la thanatos gambit
god damn
It might just have been because once all the mafia members are dead, they lose. I wouldn't fuss toooooooo much over that part. Especially because, well, this is coming from the mafia. '-'

It's occuring to me that I haven't replied to Seshas's bodyswap reply yet and it's also... pretty short and straightforward? I'm worried about the bodyswapper getting targetted if they're easy pickings for the mafia (I'm looking at older posts from today and seeing that Herbe suggested a me > emmy > him swap chain, which would be really easy to track), so let's spice this up just a smidge with a game of "how many typos does Butterfree forgive?"

yeah but what if you're my mafia buddy and you're only saying this to make me seem less supsicious!?
(that probably isn't helping my case, huh?)
It's not yuo, it's me.

I mean, if the cop suddenly claims, it makes sense as mafia to stop pushing them if you think they aren't getting lynched because of their claim
nightkills are always an option to off people as well
It's nt you its mee.

so yeah also i'm really gullible so I 100% believed everything mist said, and most turned out to be true.

itsnutyouitsme

It's not you, it's me. Or is it?
Oh yah
Mafia's wincon is to reach voting parity (0v0 counts as parity)
Town's wincon is to kill all Mafia

me neither. i just accepted my fate

best not to answer my question and i'll heal you tonight. that way it's like a pseudo-coinflip which one of us is protected

It's not you, it's me.
Also, this isn't a thread I'm that committed to, I'm still gonna feel sad if Mewtini is a wolf. But! I'll regret not bringing it up if I die tomorrow, so! Tinfoil hat theory that Mewtini brought up being Mist's alien life partner to either 1. Create a plausible claim for why a swap wouldn't work, since she WAS quoted in a swap chain 2. Deter anyone from trying to swap with her in the future.

Mewtini, just thought of this, if Mist's death was basically guaranteed last day phase anyway and had already claimed alien, why wait until today to claim alien buddies? Like, if you'd said it before they died, that would be a prettty concrete claim. Instead, you claimed after they were already revealed as an alien in death.

Mewtini, just thought of this, if Mist's death was basically guaranteed last day phase anyway and had already claimed alien, why wait until today to claim alien buddies? Like, if you'd said it before they died, that would be a prettty concrete claim. Instead, you claimed after they were already revealed as an alien in death.
just didn't want to throw the game and i didn't want to mess it up if there was a chance that something happened last-minute or something that moved the vote off of mist. they hadn't claimed that they were alien yet so if i'd claimed my role they'd never get voted out anyway

Tinfoil hat theory that Mewtini brought up being Mist's alien life partner to either 1. Create a plausible claim for why a swap wouldn't work, since she WAS quoted in a swap chain 2. Deter anyone from trying to swap with her in the future.
lol this is fair. i don't know why i would've done this when it seems like townies can also cause swaps to fail, though, at least aiui. i don't have proof of anything beyond tropes (mine being sinister minister/religion of evil and mist's alien-thing being eldritch abomination)

yeah i have nothing to say in my defense there, i wasn't really thinking about roleclaiming at all until the moment i actually did it

Oh, goddammit, I forgot to quote the original. Trying this again. Sorry it takes up so much space. '-'
Well, is there anyone or anything that DOES stand out to you?
No one seems suspicious to me atm
It's not you, it's me.

yeah but what if you're my mafia buddy and you're only saying this to make me seem less supsicious!?
(that probably isn't helping my case, huh?)
It's not yuo, it's me.

I mean, if the cop suddenly claims, it makes sense as mafia to stop pushing them if you think they aren't getting lynched because of their claim
nightkills are always an option to off people as well
It's nt you its mee.

so yeah also i'm really gullible so I 100% believed everything mist said, and most turned out to be true.
itsnutyouitsme

if Emmy is Mafia than Flora/Herbe are the same alignment probably
Here, let's do another for posterity and keep it an even 2-2. Its notyou its me.

Back
Top Bottom