• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
The sun sets upon Troperville.

Something strange is in the air. You can all feel it as you retreat to your beds. Tonight, Someone Dies... probably.

The night phase has begun. Please submit your night actions via PM to Butterfree. You should all have received your role PMs; if you did not, please contact me ASAP.

The day phase will begin on April 10th, 00:00 UTC. Do not post in the thread during the night phase.

- Players may only post during the day phase, unless specifically told otherwise by the Game Master.
- You may not communicate about the game with any other player outside of the game thread, unless a communication from the Game Master specifically tells you that you may communicate privately with someone in particular.
- Dead players may not post or privately communicate about the game with any living player, even if their role was previously allowed to.
- You may not quote or screenshot your role PM, but you may claim your role and explain what your role PM says in any amount of detail - the problem with significant quotes is the potential for proving a claim on a level that goes against the spirit of the game, by providing e.g. specific phrasing about alignment that players could match to specific phrasing in their own role PMs, or something similar. So it would be perfectly kosher to say "I'm a Vigilante Man with the power Guns Akimbo and my role PM states that I can use my power on odd-numbered nights and that it'll only work on players with three-word power tropes" - you could be telling the truth but you also could just as well be making it up.
- During the day discussion, you can vote for a player at any time by typing the player's username in bold. You can change your vote at any time by bolding another name instead. If you want to erase your vote altogether, you can write unvote in bold.
- Abstaining (no lynching) is allowed. To vote to abstain, write abstain in bold.
- Day discussion always runs to the deadline; there is no "hammering" or such mechanics that can prematurely end the day.
- Flavor text may be relevant.
- There may be shenanigans.

@Negrek - killed N3, not mafia
@Keldeo - killed D5, not mafia.
@JackPK - killed N0, not mafia
@Flora - killed D8, mafia
@I liek Squirtles - killed D1, not mafia
@kyeugh
@Ottercopter - killed N9, not mafia
@M&F - killed D5, mafia
@Mist1422 - killed D6, not mafia
@Eifie - killed N2, not mafia
@RedneckPhoenix - killed D4, not mafia
@Panini
@kokorico - killed D5, not mafia
@Boquise - killed N1, not mafia
@Seshas
@Stryke - killed N5, not mafia
@mewtini - killed D9, not mafia
@Mr. Ultracool - killed N7, not mafia
@IndigoEmmy
@rari_teh - killed N4, not mafia
@Mawile - killed D3, mafia
@Odie_Pie - killed D2, not mafia
@serimachi - killed N8, not mafia
@Herbe - killed D7, mafia
@Vipera Magnifica - killed N6, not mafia

N0
JackPK was killed. He was not mafia.

D1
I liek Squirtles was killed. He was not mafia.

N1
Boquise was killed. He was not mafia.

D2
Odie_Pie was killed. She was not mafia.

N2
Eifie was killed. She was not mafia.

D3
Mawile was killed. He was mafia.

N3
Negrek was killed. She was not mafia.

D4
RedneckPhoenix was killed. He was not mafia.

N4
rari_teh was killed. She was not mafia.

D5
kokorico was killed. E was not mafia.
Keldeo was killed. He was not mafia.
M&F was killed. She was mafia.

N5
Stryke was killed. He was not mafia.

D6
Mist1422 was killed. They were not mafia.

N6
Vipera Magnifica was killed. He was not mafia.

D7
Herbe was killed. He was mafia.

N7
Mr. Ultracool was killed. He was not mafia.

D8
Flora was killed. They were mafia.

N8
serimachi was killed. He was not mafia.

D9
mewtini was killed. She was not mafia.

N9
Ottercopter was killed. She was not mafia.

Last edited:
The sun rises slowly over Troperville, and as the residents cautiously gather for what they hope will be a simple headcount, they discover a dead body in their midst.

JackPK lies in the middle of the town square, eyes still wide open, staring towards the sky in what seems almost like silent indignation. No one is entirely sure what the cause of death might have been - he's just dead.

Ransacking his house, the townspeople find no weapons, no obvious signs of shady activity.

Not much is clear here, except one thing: they must find the ones who did this and make them pay.

JackPK is dead. He was not mafia.

You may now post and discuss who to lynch today. Abstaining (no lynching) is allowed. The night phase will begin on April 13th, 0:00 UTC (but extensions may be granted).

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting. Normally I don't put a lot of stock into flavor text, but not sure what to expect for this game. Will be interesting to see in upcoming nights whether there's more of a "mafia" angle to day posts and whether this might actually indicate a non-mafia kill.

Hmm, interesting. Normally I don't put a lot of stock into flavor text, but not sure what to expect for this game. Will be interesting to see in upcoming nights whether there's more of a "mafia" angle to day posts and whether this might actually indicate a non-mafia kill.
kinda doubt this tbh

semi-flipless I see
it's probably a game-wide thing because night kills are pretty obviously not mafia unless we have something strange afoot

Yeah, I was a bit concerned that the game might go completely off the rails right away, with, like, four people of multiple different factions dying all at once. ;\
I was kind of expecting something crazy, too! This would seem like the game for it.

Although I think it would be hard to top that one MF game where the Mafia managed to kill half the players on the first night.

it's weird, it's almost like the game is starting... like, unnervingly normally, for a game of this size and hype.

I'm already on edge lmao. I definitely feel like things Are Not As They Seem

I was expecting like two deaths minimum or something weird like that, just with the sheer number of people involved. It's kind of oddly relieving to see only one death?

Are hints in flavor text a thing on this site
because they definitely aren't where I'm from

Depends on the game and who's running it, honestly. Some people like it to be Important, so they make it relevant, and others don't really care much.

I was kind of expecting something crazy, too! This would seem like the game for it.

Although I think it would be hard to top that one MF game where the Mafia managed to kill half the players on the first night.

haha, that was me! good times.

Flavour text is almost certainly relevant this game; it was in the last TV Tropes mafia.

I must wait 11 seconds before performing this action!

I skimmed a few old threads before this game started and it seems to happen sometimes, but not all or even most of the time. If I were Butterfree, I would deliberately phrase the flavour text ambiguously as a red herring to get people speculating about whether or not it's meaningful. Which is, in fact, what happened.

Rarely. However, the last time Butterfree ran a version of this game, it was a particularly wild setup (and I believe there was some kind of twist?). Like I said, generally it means nothing, but I'm expecting the unexpected here, heh.

Greetings, fellow innocents! I'm obviously not a member of any shady criminal enterprise plotting to take over this town, nor am I a werewolf, so I am typing this post with human hands that definitely do not have any blood on them!

As a definite human person, I can tell you that most "traditional TCoDf" games are alignment-flips only, and it's possible but not guaranteed that flavor text means anything!

If I were Butterfree, I would deliberately phrase the flavour text ambiguously as a red herring to get people speculating about whether or not it's meaningful.
agreed that even if the flavor text ever means anything, it's probably doing this half the time too

Greetings, fellow innocents! I'm obviously not a member of any shady criminal enterprise plotting to take over this town, nor am I a werewolf, so I am typing this post with human hands that definitely do not have any blood on them!
oh yeah? post a screenshot of your role pm. :devilish:

Back
Top Bottom