• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

*weird out of the blue post that attempts to move pressure off mawile* seems normal *weird out of the blue post that attempts to move pressure off mawile* seems normal *weird out of the blue post that attempts to move pressure off mawile* seems nor
Yeah I don't think I feel particularly weird about Mawile's outted play either? As mewtini's said I don't think either of those points seems to break the game open in anyway. The one about JackPK if anything means he might be a 3P entity but we shouldn't be prescribing to that anyway in case it is in fact a lie?

As for the interaction reads: everyone on his team should be aware that he's outted as this point and to fake interactions anyway so there's no value here or there to like. poking in a couple one liners and having a little fun.
Do either of you have non-mechanical takes on how people have handled the current situation / thoughts on RNP's claim and what happened to the kills last night? :0

but idk if this reveals a lot about the game at large? it seems to just relate to mawile/his role, at least the way i'm interpreting it, in which case it means virtually nothing to us

oh, hmm, really? I interpreted it as talking about mafia roles in general. Though yeah I can see how you got your read. He seems to have been hinting at being out-group mafia, doesn't he? (not that that's necessarily worth putting much stock in either, since we know for sure he's at least antitown)

[and, OOgame: If you actually are just mafia, Mawile, then I apologise for saying you were "playing very badly" and hypo-telling you to stfu. that was uncalled for, however odd your playstyle seems to me.]

I think I'm just going to go to bed and hope to have descended a little way down Mt. Stupid tomorrow.

[and, OOgame: If you actually are just mafia, Mawile, then I apologise for saying you were "playing very badly" and hypo-telling you to stfu. that was uncalled for, however odd your playstyle seems to me.]
No worries! I thought it was funny.

He seems to have been hinting at being out-group mafia, doesn't he?
honestly, i don't think we know, like, anything of value given his claims (other than he's maf); the "i don't inherit a killing ability" was only said as a kind of comical defense when someone (neg?) noted that town wins once all mafia killing roles get eliminated, not necessarily all maf

but also i do genuinely like that you even bothered writing out that take, i appreciate it

like hypothetically, even if mawile isn't red (lmao), it would still clear things up more than any other lynch across the game. so
bro don't taunt me like this

(also i guess i implied it was made-up? which wasn't an intended implication, tho i don't think it matters anyways)

I thought it would be sensible to pick a different, experienced player high up on my probably-town list. So I healed Eifie.
♪ loving can hurt… sometimes… ♫ :'(
I have no idea what's going on with the situation, though, no matter if Stryke is or is not the doctor (because if RNP's block went through, his actual role shouldn't matter, and then we again have one claimed heal on Eif). Maybe RNP was redirected or blocked, so Stryke's heal still went through and clashed with kokorico's?
This makes my head hurt tbh
It's also worth noting that my ability also freezes Daytime Abilities the following day. Terrorists can't explode, gladiators can't challenge, and some other third thing.
The other third thing must be the it’s not you, it’s me thing… which leads me to think of useful ways to make everybody unsure whether Keldeo swaps tropes or not
I've been completely making up the destined for greatness / knowing that my ability would change part
Wait, then how did you get that part right (your (Eif’s) ability changing later/gaining powers)?! Lucky guess?
which would explain the lack of Eifie's kill either
Maybe vig kills happen after the action of whomever killed her.
If, suddenly, someone posts "Disco Inferno" in chat and 4 more people die bc Arso, then there is a good chance we're even more fucked.
If something funky happens by tomorrow, I’m calling that typing out Disco Inferno was an intentional trigger /s
It's the same reason I haven't given you my actual roleclaim yet. It's more fun to wait.
You’re just gonna make us wait until Negrek says your role, aren’t you :(
innocent people don't use emoticons
How could you say such thing?! :o

I don’t follow?
the destined for greatness thing was what keldeo had been saying was in the text of his role pm, but he later said he'd been making up that part of the flavor. there wasn't a guessing aspect to it
I don't think there's any benefit to concealing it now that it's no longer my role - my trope was Non-Action Guy and my power was What Kind Of Lame Power Is Heart Anyway - I couldn't do anything at the start but from how it was written I would have gotten some kind of power upgrade at some point, but now I guess we don't get to know.
@kokorico were you What Kind Of Lame Power Is Heart and ~destined for greatness~ too? Haha.

the destined for greatness thing was what keldeo had been saying was in the text of his role pm, but he later said he'd been making up that part of the flavor. there wasn't a guessing aspect to it
Got it. Thanks

Just to clarify: the running theory for Eifie’s murder is either mafia strongman bypassing kokorico’s heal or the heal not going through somehow?

Got it. Thanks

Just to clarify: the running theory for Eifie’s murder is either mafia strongman bypassing kokorico’s heal or the heal not going through somehow?
np! i don't think there's a running theory, we were all chilling once it seemed to definitively be a healer clash and i don't think a new agreement has emerged since RNP's claim

i can't believe i've infiltrated both your and herbe's signatures now ... i'm so honored

Do either of you have non-mechanical takes on how people have handled the current situation / thoughts on RNP's claim and what happened to the kills last night? :0
I mean okay, I know you said non-mechanical but I think we're in too deep to go without incorporating it, so just to lay it out:
Stryke claimed to have Nanomachine doctored Eifie last night
Kokoriko claimed to have White Mage doctored Eifie last night
RNP claimed to have Roleblocked Stryke so then the only person doctoring Eifie should have Kokorico
But the kill went through anyway somehow (Or Eifie died somehow from an unidentified second source)

I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around this because I think RNP coming out of the woodwork to claim is very on par with what I know about his town game. In fact it's basically the same way he played MU invitational 2 where he was the only power role and putzed around a bit early game and lurked until he revealed in the late game for maximum role value. Also his claim makes little sense to disturb an already solved puzzle unless he really wants to put some leverage on koko/Stryke in spots where they would normally be clear but that doesn't make sense for me from a motivation stand point because mafia should be up on the numbers right now and don't need to make plays like this, even if losing Mawile today. (Arguably if Herbe is also maf and they're w/w lovers for some reason (lol) this is not as true but I kind of prescribe to the theory Herbe is just 3P or if maf is lying about the lovers thing).

RNP is shading Stryke - and admittedly Stryke has the clearest motive to lie about this given that he was up for lynch prior to his claim - however him being mafia solves functionally nothing in the what happened to Eifie problem because whether RNP stops Stryke from healing Eifie or whether RNP stops Stryke from doing nothing that should still leave one functional heal from Koko on her last night.
(Sidenote: Stryke's also not counter claimed as a nanomachine doctor for some reason even though we know that there's one in the game. It's possible the real one is open to the possibility of there being multiple ones and so hasn't yet come forward for their own safety? But that's the only explanation I can think of that isn't just. Stryke is the nanobot doc.)

So the natural conclusion are that Koko either:
a) healed Eifie but mafia got through anyway with some kind of strongman kill (the no-one-is-actually-lying world)
b) lied about healing Eifie, mafia killed her
c) clashed with yet ANOTHER nano doctor (imo very unlikely, also lol if Eifie had three doctors on her and died anyway) or was interfered with by ANOTHER redirector/roleblocker

For a second I also considered "what if not all doctors are town aligned" but it seems deeply unfun to have the mafia doctor just mimic whoever the kill gets put on effectively making the town doc useless.

I think overall I kind of want to lean a)? even though it's the possibility that most relies on the idea that we don't have perfect enough information to fully solve the issue yet. It's mostly because I think putting everything aside kokorico's paranoia speculation is a little towny (yes, even if it comes off as a last ditch attempt to deshade Mawile, because Mawile's very clearly playing at this point as though he's outted so it doesn't make sense for the rest of his team to be trying to make weird plays to save him unless he has a very important role? also it feels fleshed enough out in tone that my gut is to believe he actually buys that take?)

If it's b) though I think that makes more sense as to why kokorico would sporadically out himself as a doc - I can see a world where Stryke and kokorico set up this to look like a doctor clash when it is in fact a normal kill and the RNP info being revealed later just kind of screws them unexpectedly. Caveat there is two things:
a) refer back to to sidenote about will the real nanobot please stand up (if it's not stryke)
b) like everyone else has been saying, weird tact when stryke could have said that he targeted literally anyone else.

It's possible instead that koko jumps on Stryke saying that he healed Eifie with a counter explanation for her death to try and paint emself in a good light with a back-able claim, but I think that makes the least sense because e'd be stepping in knowing that the kill went through when it should have (and therefore Stryke was messed with) while making emself the reason why it supposedly shouldn't have.

Sorry if this is convuluted I'm basically saying:
  • I don't think RNP is lying in most worlds
  • I think the worlds are either all of them are telling the truth and the situation is such that we literally are just not accounting for things we don't know about yet OR it should probably be exactly koko and STryke if one of them is mafia but I think Stryke w has slightly more qualifications than koko w. Right now I'm leaning the former.

not sure how sincere you were being, but if this was about kokorico's posts, i didn't really think e sounded like a wolf trying to deflect so much as e was throwing theories out there (/with how far the wagon's gone, i think someone trying to stop it now would be borderline foolish to do so) and koko then saying "oh, i forgot about the red read" sounded like a fair enough 'backtrack' to me
seems n
rnp's claim aligns with the information i had on him, so i believe him well enough. i find his play kind of weird but i mean i guess that's kind of classic tbh. as for what happened last night... idk, i guess healer clash makes the most sense. did that end up disproven somehow? to be honest, a lot of the stuff that's happened toDay is kind of falling out of my brain and i only remember impressions, so i need to reread, haha.

im just along for the ride right now tbh

crackpot: what if doctors switch nights on where their healing works? even number nights for white mage, and odd for nanobot, or vice versa? cause hoooo that's a lot of healing roles/heal targets to have otherwise in each night.
(obviously unlikely but might as well throw it out)

Back
Top Bottom