• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

omg i'm in MAWILE's signature too? fuck yeah.

gonna read his post in a bit after i get over my starstruckness <3

a) Kyeugh's lying
i'm not inclined to think so, not just because i already TR her, but because she's sounded willing to roleclaim thus far
....mmm, this is weird, but it also feels a bit like a distraction to me?
tbh, yeah, though idk if i feel like the distraction is wolfdriven since the vote is already sound
(for the record, if there's a last-minute push to jump off the mawile wagon, i will go stupid and go crazy)
I feel like at this point, if RNP's lying, kyeugh is also lying and they're mafia together.
as said above i trust RNP's roleclaim by association w/kyeugh, but still don't know if it's necessarily the case that he targeted stryke? that part is easy enough to lie about (and makes more sense to me than town targeting a doctorclaim since he could then try to draw info out of stryke, but maybe i'm just tunneling hard into this spec)

as said above i trust RNP's roleclaim by association w/kyeugh, but still don't know if it's necessarily the case that he targeted stryke? that part is easy enough to lie about (and makes more sense to me than town targeting a doctorclaim since he could then try to draw info out of stryke, but maybe i'm just tunneling hard into this spec)
Mmm, yeah, that's fair. kyeugh's power doesn't indicate alignment iirc, and roleblocker can be either Town or Mafia, easy.

I think the existence of both a role and a power trope implies that it's possible for two different roles to have the same power, so nanobots being given to both "deadly doctor" and "the medic" doesn't actually wig me out, tbh.
My assumption was that the reasoning for that was less to do with power overlap and more to do with possible role cop shenanigans and the like.
(have only skimmed everything else on this page) I think this is probably possible, given the Mysterious Informants who all seem to have Expospeak, and kokorico's claim of having the same trope power as me
The key difference here for is that both these groups of people have the same trope claiming the same power name (so far at least)
Mysterious Informant --> Exospeak
Non Action Guy --> What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart Anyway?

I guess I'm coming from a less familiar w/ these setups POV, so maybe I'm just wrong in making that assumption? But I can't say it makes me feel any more comfortable about it.

My assumption was that the reasoning for that was less to do with power overlap and more to do with possible role cop shenanigans and the like.
That's fair, having two slots there allows for more diversity in roles that target one or the other.

i don’t really understand the idea of me and rnp being w/w tbh.
idrk either. i think it's just the concept of people being able to corroborate each other's claims ig

(This is presumably why I can't talk to any of the mafia; it would be so easy to just line up my tampering with their kill every night.)
i know that mawile is probably not high on the trustworthiness list but a lot of his post does check out, i don't know how everyone else feels about it tho
extremely :woweek:
tldr.

My takeaways from Mawile's wall:

Agree with mewtini that him saying he's non-group mafia tracks well enough if you believe his roleclaim.

n0: He says he targeted Herbe, so presumably all other information received on this night was legitimate, including Jack's flip as "not mafia" and Negrek receiving that result as Deadly Doctor.

Some speculation on targets possibly relevant to resolving current mechanical situations:

n1 target: It could be Boquise or Negrek, hence "A God Am I" not seeming to match up with any reasonable town role - Mawile would also have had incentive to target Negrek because she was a claimed info role. Is probably not rari given that Rari's result seemed legit. It is possible that it was MF, resulting in her "mafia" result on Negrek, but then Mawile would have had to target MF also on n2 if MF is indeed a sane cop. No idea if VM's receiving the proper role would count as "information" per se, but then maybe it's possible it got warped from Deadly Doctor using Nanomachines to White Mage using magic healing?? Probably not kyeugh since she apparently received the correct info about RNP's role.

n2 target: If it's rari_teh, rari's result on MF would be wrong. If it's Skylar, could explain the discrepancy of her receiving that VM used Nanomachines, which is otherwise unresolved. If it's kokorico, maybe kokorico got the wrong role power-up or something (but if e got that in the middle of the night, which I assume from eir posts about it, it doesn't make sense that it would be a result of )

Am I missing something... I feel like this claim possibly clears up the Skylar situation but not whatever happened with Jack (which Mawile did say he didn't know about.)

Agree with mewtini that him saying he's non-group mafia tracks well enough if you believe his roleclaim.
honestly it tracks fine even if you don't believe the roleclaim. he's been hinting at being outgroup for a while now, and not in a way that sounded purely mindfucky imo:
Just cause I don't know doesn't necessarily mean that nobody else knew.
If they're not aware that I've been outed by this point, even with just how I'm acting, I don't really know what to say.
I mean, maybe some people can inherit a mafia killing ability. I can't :(
if i'm reading mawile's wall correctly though, it's also probably important to note going forward that, if true (BIG if true) this only explains one discrepancy per night. (not aimed at keldeo, just in general - especially as we get tangled up in the roleblock/redirector business)

I see no reason to assume that anything in Mawile's post is truthful and think he has every reason to try to mislead us/cause as much chaos as possible, so I don't see any benefit engaging with it, tbh
Yeah, that makes sense. I do think that it's possible that if Mawile is outgroup, he is being at least somewhat truthful in order to inform his fellow mafia members of what he can do.

If Mawile isn't telling the truth, we're still back at Skylar's result not making much sense with everything else wrt VM's original claim.

i do agree that this probably shouldn't be a main thing and definitely shouldn't distract from other spec, but idk if i'm on-board with totally ignoring it when this is the closest thing we've got to understanding seshas' MI tidbit

he also would have to inform the rest of the mafia somehow; if he can't communicate with them directly, he still might be incentivized to give them some info about his role that they wouldn't otherwise have

also. maybe this is too Radical given that we were just talking about distrusting mawile, but couldn't this extra townlock seshas? if there was any remaining doubt - seeing as we'll probably all have to reevaluate reads in the near future

i do agree that this probably shouldn't be a main thing and definitely shouldn't distract from other spec, but idk if i'm on-board with totally ignoring it when this is the closest thing we've got to understanding seshas' MI tidbit

he also would have to inform the rest of the mafia somehow; if he can't communicate with them directly, he still might be incentivized to give them some info about his role that they wouldn't otherwise have
I don't know that it's the closest we've gotten to understanding Seshas' MI tidbit, which is vague and could mean any number of things. It's easy to play into some of the guesses people have been making with complete lies when the claim is essentially "I can fuck with the night phase in nearly unlimited ways."

Even if he isn't part of mafiachat, I think that generally any true information he'd be presenting here would be of more use to the innocent faction than mafia. Like, if there are any in-group mafia among the set of doctor claims, they already know who those are. Do they particularly care whether VM uses white magic or nanobots? Probably not. It's much more important to Town, who doesn't already know who's lying. So, like, maybe he is trying to help out the mafia by clearing up some contradictions? But if so I think that's a bad way to go about it.

If we were going to get into the thick of it I'd be reading it more as what does this post seem to *want* me to believe, and if that's not true, what else might be?

Back
Top Bottom