• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

lul rip that
as scum I would always stick to my guns on that ML
since I'd see them as not confirmed probably

this discussion is probably pointless tbh bc you get hardly any value from it coming out of my mouth but w/e

gotcha. i guess i felt like it was possibly incongruous (i agree with herbe and, honestly, i was expecting a VM nightkill) and don't really see why mafia-anyone would have wanted to leave it up to pushing the mislynch

Blah sorry I thought I was only gone for 1/3 of the phase but it's actually been over 2/3rds. My bad.

Kyeugh, Panini, Ultracool, is there anyone you're particularly supsicious of?
I wish I had something spicy but if I'm being honest I've been feeling a bit fatigued out and am having trouble with my thoughts
I'm on board with Herbe/Seri/flora pool today bc I think there's probably a hit in there, even though it's a bit blinder of a shot than we'd ideally have to make.

I don't think I'm really as interested in Emmy as an option tbh- I get the idea that the MI info is kind of notably more specific than Seshas' but I don't see why that somehow makes her less credible comparatively when it's still like, stuff that was essentially prophesied and then became stuff we saw play out? If anything that just means Seshas's stuff is weirder for being vague because we'll never have full verification that Mawile == who it was referring to because Negrek died conveniently the night we did that iirc.

Out of these then I guess I see the most possible motivation for Herbe?
Mewtini/Mist/Herbe/Rari(originally otter) all 3P does seem like a bit much and Herbe's claim is easily thinner to me than mewtini's based mostly on the idea that mewtini has had otherwise zero reason to start today like she did and Mist's explanation + flip (as well as the unanimous wagon) seem legit based on what was described?
I've also been a bit sus of the fact that he's been floating around even though he doesn't have a wincon because I think in most situations I'd imagine people who no longer have a way of winning just get removed from the game but like, potentially moot point I guess if @mewtini can now confirm that Butterfree just happens to be generous about maintaining active lifestyles for the post-loss third party community?
The main thing in Herbe's defense though is that I don't know if I'd sink my own game in order to preserve out-group mafia!Mawile. The stories different I guess if inGroupHoneyPot!Herbe attaches to Mawile randomly by chance? And then just realises late that Mawile's important outgroup mafia via private comms? (I'd have to have another look to tell if Herbe acts like he's had a sudden switch or more like he's worried going into the EOD) idk if that's just me stretching for a way to fit it though.

Re flora/seri, obv I feel ambivalent about the two but I also don't really get Seshas' soul read. I'm debating if it's reasonable to give them the space to do so because I feel like the way they've been talking about worlds still strikes me as authentic but it's also notably the only one of the three I think anyone's bothering doing a lot of footwork against,,

Going to crash, be back up in like 6 or 7 hours ✌

Oh I wrote that kind of unclear so basically what I'm asking re: mewtini, do you have like, an altered win con now that you've lost or something? Or are you also supposed to just bitterly survive to the end or something?

I feel ambivalent about the two but I also don't really get Seshas' soul read. I'm debating if it's reasonable to give them the space to do so because I feel like the way they've been talking about worlds still strikes me as authentic but it's also notably the only one of the three I think anyone's bothering doing a lot of footwork against
exactly how i feel. belligerent part of me wants to vote seri for this reason hah

Oh I wrote that kind of unclear so basically what I'm asking re: mewtini, do you have like, an altered win con now that you've lost or something? Or are you also supposed to just bitterly survive to the end or something?
i didn’t get a follow-up pm like herbe did honestly. my initial role pm just said that i won if mist hit alien wincon, even if i’m dead. that being said idk why mine would have a removal/death clause, i think that sort of flavor is less applicable to my roletype than it is to lovers or something

i’m just assuming that i lose 100% since i haven’t heard anything otherwise

The stories different I guess if inGroupHoneyPot!Herbe attaches to Mawile randomly by chance?
if they’re w/w why would mawile target w!herbe? (also i want to say that ingroup honeypot feels like a strange mafia role/one that would disadvantage them, but i dunno)

Mewtini/Mist/Herbe/Rari(originally otter) all 3P does seem like a bit much
wasn’t otter/rari’s role town aligned but with another wincon. aiui they were never actually fully 3p?

that’s sort of my weirdness actually, i think it’s perfectly plausible that there are three 3p roles

also according to herbe’s story he started the game as town and only turned 3p if someone targeted him during the night

The stories different I guess if inGroupHoneyPot!Herbe attaches to Mawile randomly by chance?
if they’re w/w why would mawile target w!herbe? (also i want to say that ingroup honeypot feels like a strange mafia role/one that would disadvantage them, but i dunno)
Because Mawile wouldn't know Herbe was maf due to the outgroupness
Strange Role is a fair enough speculation though - I guess you could argue that it'd just be a twist on a neighbouriser which isn't entirely out there? But it does feel kinda wrong for this set-up like, specifically unless it's intended as a catching PRs thing, but the value on that is lower than just like, putting in something role-cop esque

It's also plausible they just like. lied about the minutia of their role. Or that mafia knew who Mawile was even though Mawile apparently didn't know who was mafia.

i hate to say this bc i really want mewtini to be town but the way she’s been treating herbe has felt v weird to me basically since mawile died and if herbe flips scum i’m going to feel pretty bad about her

also herbe

i hate to say this bc i really want mewtini to be town but the way she’s been treating herbe has felt v weird to me basically since mawile died and if herbe flips scum i’m going to feel pretty bad about her

also herbe
tbh I did have the thought of like
mewtini claiming to be a 3p protector isn't actually that shocking but the fact that it's with Mist and not Herbe is the part that surprises me haha

I do think the timing of her claim probably does make more sense as genuine 3P than maf though - she gained very little from claiming today when her name was already in the town stack for most people

Back
Top Bottom