• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Ergh, I just realised that there's tons of players left and "get me caught up" is really vague. Is there anyone we have any concrete knowledge about? Have we killed any Mafia?

Ergh, I just realised that there's tons of players left and "get me caught up" is really vague. Is there anyone we have any concrete knowledge about? Have we killed any Mafia?
we've killed two people who flipped as mafia, and probably a few scum who flipped as innocent anyway. ottercopter and seshas are mechanically cleared from a swapping role, and panini is clear because the cop (keldeo) reported a green check on her before dying.

There are 8 people alive, and 1 or 2 mafia:
Ottercopter - Mechanically cleared due to body-swap role (corroborated by 4 dead townies)
Seshas - Mechanically cleared due to body-swap role
Panini - Keldeo (flipped town) had a role to check their alignment and confirmed they are town
Mewtini - Consensus not mafia
Kyeugh - Consensus not mafia
IndigoEmmy
Serimachi
Flora

Current surviving playerbase:
Mewtini: Claims to be BFFs with a dead alien, third party claiming to be on the town's side now because dead alien.
Me: Mysterious informant
Seshas: Body swapper
Kyeugh: Claims to have a role that reveals tropes of people that target her. I tried swapping with her and failed.
IndigoEmmy: Claims to be a mysterious informant who had verifiable info
Panini: Role unknown, but cleared.
You: You
Flora: Inactive, possible lynch candidate because Butterfree says kills from an inactive mafia would be randomized and last night's kill felt pretty random.

Dead roles: Three mafia, a terrorist, an alien, someone who wanted to be killed by the mafia and was and might actually be the true winner if we get a town victory DAMMIT, THAT SHOULDA BEEN ME, a roleblocker, a cop, a vigilante, someone who could see the tropes of the dead, another mysterious informant who was inactive, someone whose trope was A God Am I, at least three doctors...

We were thinking of swapping roles with you to get a new power for the town and verify your innocence (which already has a decent case for it because a mafia member suggested you as an inactive lynch?), but now that you're back, I guess that opens up a couple of options.

Dudes, thanks for the info (and for being super nice and not being pissed!)

Well here's my role out in the open--my role is Crazy Prepared. I have a bulletproof vest, that allows someone to attempt to off me, once, and I survive it.

And that in fact did happen. Waaaaaaay back the night before April 19th, the night in which Eifie died instead, somehow. I thought to perhaps bring it up then, in hopes of figuring out how Eifie died. But I realised that this is a really good opportunity to bluff being an alien (in fact I had kind of been mentioning "what if he/she is an alien?? in my every post before that in interest of sort of planting the idea), and that it might keep me safe until at least the townsfolk start getting suspicious of me. And theeeeen I just kind of forgot about the game. 🙈 Except for one time in the middle of a conversation with my sister, and then until just today when Butterfree messaged me on Facebook.

Apparently my gambit didn't work, if a Mafia member suggested to lynch me. I felt damn clever, though.

You are welcome to body swap with me to check me out. If there's any suspicions I'd encourage it, since to my inexperienced eyes the game looks just about finished anyway? But I'm just gonna vote here for Flora unless someone wants object Ace-Attorney-style to Ottercopter. (But it has to be Ace-Attorney style, or not going to listen.)

One quick question, did using up your bulletproof vest change your trope/role at all, or are you still Crazy Prepared, just without a power now?

This feels odd to me. The confusion around Eifie's death has been pretty much resolved by now and that would be the only night with any sign that multiple people could have been killed. If you're telling the truth, the easiest explanation I could see is that Eifie tried to kill you while she'd been swapped the vigilante power, so I'm looking back at old posts for any sign that she might have wanted you dead. None so far. Hell, if Eifie died night two, that was the same day that she'd been saying someone should vig me earlier. And I don't think you'd said or done anything that would make you a particularly juicy mafia target either.

...But there's still the matter of Herbe trying to make a case for lynching you on day two. And MF joining in. (Here's him backing off just because I'm running through the thread anyway, might as well. And re-voting once Mawile's suspected before eventually switching to Odie_pie, faking lovers, etc.)

I genuinely don't know what to make of this right now, so I think swapping with you is a good idea if your power's been used up anyway. We can verify your claim AND theoretically preserve someone who's a confirmed townie.

I'd really like to hear how everyone else feels about Serimachi's claim? ;-;

(Also, just because I've been peeking at day 2, we still have no idea what was with VM getting messaged that Kyeugh isn't mafia)

we could swap with him anyway, unless there's someone else we wanted to swap with?

i pretty much otherwise agree with what you said - the simplest idea is that she tried to vig him, but ...

i still think either way that seri is basically clear though? idk what to make of the claim but it doesn't make me suspicious or anything

😅😅😅

By all means, swap away. 🤣 Well-argued, wow. This game is beautiful. We should rename it *Salem*.

I guess it would make sense for the attempted murderer to not have actually been Mafia--that would make some sense.

Back
Top Bottom