• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Moments at School

Well, as the final chapter of Rachel Has To Sit Through Boring Presentations About How Drugs Are Bad, we have this:

Me: *notices the word Vicodin on the next group's poster about prescription drug abuse* Oh, God. Knowing Jess...

Sure enough...

Person: Vicodin-
Jess: *quietly* Vicodin, YES!

Well..today
I went to the bin in the room to put something in there..I was kinda humming a Pokemon game theme..can't remember which one and was kinda not paying attention. I missed the chair..and as a fell i grabbed on to the chair and almost cut off my leg in the process.

I also got a couple of remarks..OOOOHHH!!!! NICE ONE!! and HAHA! U FELLED OVER! also GOLIATH!!..umm sorry don't know were I got that one from..

I remember an incident last year in Brain Bowl:

Person: *really complicated math question*
Me: *buzzes in by accident*
Me: o.o
Me: Uh, eh, 42 :D
Person: Correct :D
Everyone: 8D

In grade 6, we were outside in the front field for some special day that we got every 9 weeks. It just also happened to be hat day... My friend Kyo was wearing one of those hats... Not sure how to explain, but Kyo said it was a "rice-picker hat." Anyway, my other friend stole the hat and ran away. Kyo ran after him, and then his pants just fell down :P

We were in the front field again later that year for yearbook signing. A small group of Kyo's friends had come up with a "Mountain Dew Clan," where we get Mountain Dew at school whenever it is available and drink it together. Or something like that. (I joined unofficially, heheh) So that day, Kyo poured some of his Mountain Dew into the grass. He was kicked out of the Mountain Dew Clan, and the only way for him to get back in was for him to lick the spot in the grass where he had poured it. And so...he did >>;

And just the other day we were learning numbers in Latin class. Number five is "quinque." So Clay says, "That's me after a shower!"
Quinque... Clean Clay... :P
So now my teacher calls him either Quinque or Five.

My friend (to my gym teacher): Mr. ____, is the plural of mouse "mooseses" or "meeseses"?*
Gym teacher: Is there a gas leak at your house?

* My friend always seemed like a bit of a stoner.

This morning I was in the sixth form block playing my DS with headphones in when I realised nobody else was about. I looked around the place and the entire building was empty and all the doors were locked. Everybody had just buggered off to assembly without bothering to fucking tell me and locked me in.

I wouldn't have minded except that five minutes later the 8:30 buzzer went off, which not only signified the time everybody was actually meant to piss off to assembly, but I would have actually heard it. In the end I decided to just climb out the window and go right off to Stats.

a conversation in science:
Friend 1: My sister is a miracle, says my mom.
Friend 2: Why?
F1: She was supposed to be a mistake. She wasnt.
Friend 3: But I think I was...(everyone laughs)

Fwee, we had our final geek convention today. Those questions get hard =_=

Announcer person: Divide 203 by the first prime number after 23
Everyone: o.O
Kari: *buzzes in*
My team: WTF KARI
Me: =_= *guesses*
Me: 7
Announcer: CORRECT 8D

That was way better than 42

Jeanine: *to Dominique* You watch weird movies! There's Chicago, which has sluts in it-
Dominique: Not technically-
Jeanine: Rent, which involves the use of heroin-
Me: *trying to be helpful* Not to mention gays.
Dominique: SO? Gays are all around you!
Jeanine: ...*scared*

Ooooh, a band party to celebrate our last performance of the year :3 We all go up to the board and write down things to bring, and people who want to bring it put their name by it.

Me: *walks up to board and writes GOATS*
Everyone else: *flocks up to board* GOATS 8D

And later:

Some Guy: Jake is bringing swine flu ;D
Me: WHAT. *goes and finds Jake*
Me: So I heard you were bringing swine flu?
Jake: Yeah :D
Me: Well, I'm bringing AIDS >:(

Biology said:
TEACHER: *commenting on a kid's test paper, on which he had claimed that some aquatic insect was adapted because its wings helped it swim* What animal propels itself in water with its wings?!
ME, THEN SOME OTHER KID: Penguins?
TEACHER: ...yeah, alright.

Exams are this week. After the test, we get to bring in our DS' and games and the like. Someone brought in Crannium, and he got the Actor card.

He had to act out how to "reproduce." xD

So my friend Jered brought a Healthy Choice meal for lunch the other day. Eva took one look at the ingredients list and said it wasn't healthy. Jonathan started to read the ingredients list and make comments about all stuff most people can't pronounce.

Jonathan:*bursts out laughing*
Jered: What?
Jonathan(still laughing): It says "rape seed oil"!
Everyone: Lets me see!
Eva:*takes out cell phone* I'm taking a picture of this!

I love my lunch table 8D

We were loitering in the hall outside the guy's bathroom and all got quiet when we heard this. It echoes pretty loud, so we heard it. They were both black, which matters due to the language.
Guy1: Yo dog
Guy2: Sup man
g1: Yo wanna see a trick? A magic trick?
g2: the hell you talkin'bout?
g1: watch, I can make white stuff come out of mah dick
g2: ...
g2: you a gay nigga, dog.
*footsteps, chuckling*
g1: hey where you goin dog? I didn't show you mah trick!

I swear that was the most awkward thing ever when he came out and saw us all standing there obviously trying not to giggle.

In our class, we have a few big excersise balls that we usually sit on. There's also this girl in our class who likes to kick those balls around.

Our teacher, as a joke, decided to push a ball towards this girl to see what she would do. Sure enough, she kicked it.

The teacher was writing the homework down on the board. Guess where the ball landed? Right in the teacher's face. It bounced afterwards onto my desk, thus making a huge mess. I reckon we had extra homework that night.

My friends have the odd tendency to make a depressing situation into an amusing moment simply because I forgot to say something;

Me: The first words out of Dominique's mouth in English today were "Rachel's cat died."
Jess: ...No.
Me: ?
Jess: Your cat didn't die! You just said he had a seizure!
Me: ...No, I said he had a seizure and died.
Jess: No you didn't!
Jeanine: No, Jess, she actually did say that.

And later:

Me: Jess, do you think I should do Can You Feel the Love Tonight [for my audition]?
Jess: OHMIGOD YES. *says something to the effect of "You MUST do it!"

The sixth years (seniors in Americaland, I guess) had their last assembly today so Mr Kelly was being all SENTIMENTAL with lots of analogies as usual. TWO MICE WHO FELL INTO A BUCKET OF CREAM, GUYS
So anyway, this guy Marc's phone goes off. He /answers/ it in the middle of Mr Kelly's speech and is all "what? oh god, you're kidding me. I'll be right there."
Then he rips off his shirt to reveal a superman t-shirt and dashes out of the hall. He forgot to bring another shirt so he had to wear a ripped shirt all day. It was hysterical.

This happened in Drama class (where everyone is putting together a play about ancient Greek mythology).

Narrator: And so, Achilles was born.
*Doll goes flying from one side of the stage to the other behind him*

Ah, the stories I pick up~ Too bad I can only recall a few off-hand.

So, for the past two school years, I've been shipped off to this epic boarding school, right? There's nothing like dorm life to brew up some weird ideas.

- There's one kid - let's call him The Prince - who enjoys playing around with the salt and pepper shakers at the cafeteria tables. He'll shake the pepper onto the table and draw faces in it, he'll slide them down the tables, and for whatever reason, he enjoys crushing them. So, one day (at Sunday brunch, IIRC) I was sitting at the same table as The Prince decided he'd try to crunch a salt shaker.

He succeeded. Everyone was silent as we watched salt spill out of his hands and all over the table.

To date, I have never seen a table clear up so fast.

- 'Fishie' (During a camping trip, while huddled up in the cabin's loft): "I thought [Cheetah was] a leg, or something."

- Fishie and I both have something of a spectacular clumsy streak. Fishie's is much more prevalent than mine, though mine is more epic painful. Fishie somehow manages to fall up stairs and trip in midair, but comes away unscathed. I've fallen facefirst onto a set of metal stairs and slipped off a terrace wall, the latter of which resulted in a bruise about as big as my hand.

Ironically, both of us have the middle name Grace.

- An honourable mention should go to The Blonde One, who, according to his roommates, managed to sing 'Smack That' perfectly while asleep. When he woke up, he admitted that he didn't know the words to the song. The Blonde One has also woken up while facing a wall and subsequently panicked, having convinced himself that he was going blind when all he could see was white.

Back
Top Bottom