• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Game] Mega Choice Pokemafia

Keldeo

Resolute
Pronoun
he, they
The night is silent save for the chirping of crickets. Two travelers, weary from a long day, notice the entrance to the aptly named Mega Evolutionburg. One suggests to her companion that they ask for a room there, but the other says he gets a bad feeling from the place and urges them to leave; they know nothing about the impending mafia takeover, but when the massacre hits the news, they'll be glad they passed it over.

All role PMs have been sent.

48 hours for night actions.

Though the Pokemon have yet to discover the presence of any wrongdoing in their town, a few murmurs of "did you hear that scream?" and "almost like a buzz, don't you think?" have already begun to float among the gathered circle. Before long, someone raises the question of where exactly Zero Moment is, just as one of the last stragglers plods in, looking like she's seen a ghost.

The Pokemon silently beckons the others to the body of Beedrill slumped in an out-of-the-way-alley, his wings and abdomen bloody and brutally crushed. Even considering the peculiarities of insectoid anatomy, the segments of his body are splayed in such an awkward position that none of the Pokemon have to check to determine that he didn't survive whatever did this to him. A single trail of odd-looking footprints leads away from the corpse before stopping abruptly, their direction not conclusive enough to say; although they're fairly large, the distance between each smear of blood seems to imply that the Pokemon who made them was trying to make their prints look bigger than they would naturally be. The citizens of Mega Evolutionburg look from one to another, identical expressions of horror on all their faces. Who could have done this, and why?

Zero Moment (Beedrill) is dead. He was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

The obligatory first-post compilation of who chose what:

Mawile: Mega Mawile
Eifie: mega-nium Mega Slowbro
Zero Moment: Mega Beedrill
Superbird: Mega Audino
Altissimo: Mega Absol
VM: Mega Altaria
Lilycolo: Mega Mewtwo Y
Butterfree: Mega Charizard X
JackPK: Mega Diancie
Dar: Mega Rayquaza
Wargle: Primal Groudon or Mega Alakazam
DarkAura: Mega Banette

Large footprints that look like someone was making them intentionally would suggest that we can't take a hint from that, and that anybody (even those of us without feet) could be trying to frame someone with large feet.

On the other hand, the fact that the footprints stop abruptly could suggest that the actual perpetrator has some method of travel (flying/hovering, teleport, etc) that doesn't involve walking on the ground. Or it could just mean the perpetrator was careful enough not to get their feet actually bloody while faking the footprints.

So basically, I don't think we have anything of significance in the flavor to go on, yet.

Should we try not to jump on an abstain train this time around, or just stick to old habits?

Anyway, I agree that the flavor is not very helpful. Even if someone had an option to frame another player, I'm sure it would be less subtle than flavor text (which only half of players really pay attention to).

Man, it's weird actually being in a mafia game. I may forget to post and just casually observe...

So, Keldeo, I'm kind of curious. Will we know when someone dies if they're mega evolved or not?

I am also not used to flavour mattering, and it's kind of inconclusive anyway, so I'm not really sure what to think right now. Blah, blah, someone died. Zero Moment is probably a pretty typical choice, since on an activity scale of Flora to 10 (sry Flora) he's near the middle and stuff but not high enough to be the world's most obvious healer target, etc., etc. Therefore, uh, idk.

Also, Jack, I could totally be Mega-nium! You don't know! >:(

Speaking of mega evolutions, can we talk about them a little?

I have an action that I can use in both formes, and I have another action I can use as Mega Audino, but I don't have any moves exclusive to my normal Audino forme, so there isn't really much use in me staying unevolved for the time being.

Which leads me to believe that there may be some advantage to staying in normal forme that I don't know about, maybe in someone else's role - for this reason, I didn't mega evolve last night, because I didn't need to use my Mega's action. I'm wondering if any of you feel the same way?

Therefore, uh, idk.

a++

describes my life

Really I don't have any reason to mega up at all, my powers are the same both ways. >:[ I feel cheated.

Maybe some people can only use their basic power without m-evolving?

Well, Keldeo did say:

All the roles will have at least one power that can be used in both forms, as well as some or no powers that are specific to one form or the other. The catch is that it isn't reversible: once you Mega Evolve, you won't be able to use any abilities from your normal form.

I dunno if there'd be a drawback for people who don't have normal-form-specific abilities. Maybe there could be powers that specifically target megas or non-megas or something. Or maybe there is just no reason for some people to stay in normal form. After all, in-game there's no reason for Slowbro not to evolve into Mega Slowbro straight away, for it is vastly superior!

... Right?

Mega_Slowbro.png

All the roles will have at least one power that can be used in both forms

(Apologies for the double post, but I'd like to point out that with the way the setup turned out, the above quote isn't actually true, but most people do have one power that's available regardless of their form.)

Speaking of mega evolutions, can we talk about them a little?

I have an action that I can use in both formes, and I have another action I can use as Mega Audino, but I don't have any moves exclusive to my normal Audino forme, so there isn't really much use in me staying unevolved for the time being.

Which leads me to believe that there may be some advantage to staying in normal forme that I don't know about, maybe in someone else's role - for this reason, I didn't mega evolve last night, because I didn't need to use my Mega's action. I'm wondering if any of you feel the same way?
Same for me — I have a power I can use in either forme, and a power I can use as Mega Diancie only. I thought the Mega power looked like the better option for night 0, so I went ahead and mega evolved since there was no apparent downside.

I did indeed get Primal Groudon. I only have one action usable in both forms. I suspect there's some hidden incentive to not mega (or revert in my case), and I don't think we should claim if we Mega'd or not in case there are certain moves that only affect Megas

I think we should probably refrain from giving out more information about our roles at this point; we've basically established what we needed already, anyway.

Okay, so, I'm guessing just about everyone has one move that's exclusive to one of their two formes, so that's a thing.

...I'm not really sure what else we can do? It looks like we're gonna have to board the abstain bandwagon if there's nothing else worth noting.

Oops, I missed that part (@ eifie like a million years ago)

Sure, I guess we'll abstain.

Back
Top Bottom