• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[GAME OVER] Super Random Mafia Game [ALIEN WIN]

Re: [DAY 1] Super Random Mafia Game

The real problem is, we don't know what the secret role, Brock mentioned, can do. Nor whos side they are on.

Due to a lack of evidence, for today, I will ABSTAIN.

I suppose you're right about that. Nonetheless, I'm worried about the death count, and so I'll stick to my accusation.

Time should be almost up. Anyone have anything to add before nightfall?

Meh. You didn't really answer how you slipped up.

We also don't really need Corrupt Cops; they're not innocent aligned, but they're not really with us.

You restated that they're not with innocents twice, unless you meant

We also don't really need Corrupt Cops; they're not innocent aligned, but they're not really with us mafia.

But alien technique and pure slip up. Plus I don't want to get killed. I don't know, but not abstaining.

Last edited:

Oh, whoops, you're right, that does look odd. I meant to say they *are* innocent aligned but not really with us. That's a typing mistake, albeit a weird one.

END OF DAY ONE.
Despite accusations being thrown wildly across town, no one could decide who to kill. Night began to fall and everyone went to bed, hoping they might make it to see morning.

High up in the guard tower, smoke disapates. "Ah..." smirks a voice in a smug accent. A noise is heard and more smoke appears, and soon a police officer is in the tower instead of a man. "Tata for now my pretties."

24 hours for night actions, or until everyone sends them in.

Re: [Night 1] Super Random Mafia Game

Day 2

Everyone wakes up to a foggy day in LarryLand. They grimly expect another body to be found, Flora's body still nailed to the church. But to everyone's surprise, no one died!

The citizens are not sure how to feel. No one died, but why? And the suspense is eating them alive.

24 hours for discussion, or until a Majority is reached.

Wait, what?

We have a vigilante and the mafia and we get zero deaths? Even if an alien got activated or one of the doctors made a lucky move, there ought to be at least one death. I guess we could have gotten two heals, two aliens, or a combination, or one of those for the mafia kill and then the vigilante decided not to do anything. I mean, the vigilante wants the innocents to win, after all, and some vigilantes decide not to use their night action without evidence. It's sort of unlikely that the vigilante and the mafia both missed their kills for whatever reason, though. Could the special roles have had anything to do with this?

No matter what, though, we know that we can easily get two deaths in one night. Today is a fluke. We have to take action, and so I'm voting again, and this time before the clock really gets ticking so we don't have the same problem as yesterday.

I've already explained my reasoning on this one. Demonickittens. Anything to say for yourself?

I'm feeling very confused right now about all this. One day, we get two deaths, and the next, we get zero. Maybe the Mafia is trying to throw people off its tracks?

Still, I'm not the most insightful person. Maybe I can try to think of this a bit more, after a couple more people provide evidence for someone.

Yeah. Demonic sounds good, but she did post. Blaziking, Barubu, moon-panther, Dragon of Fire, Skylark, and werefish5 haven't either. You're kind of focusing on her.

Also, the nights are kind of short. Maybe the mafia forgot?

I think it's probably more likely that the Vigilante decided not to use his/her night action than that two kills were stopped. I don't know if the Mafia are allowed to not use a night action in this game, but I'm assuming they probably would have used one rather than waste a turn.

So unless the vigilante declined to kill last night, it appears two of the three following have occurred: either the victim has been healed or Crazy Cat Lady'd, or... we've got an activated alien in our midst, gulp. I think "tread lightly" goes without saying.

Also, in addition to the several people who have done no more than bandwagon or post "eh, nothing's happened yet, IDK what to say", the following people haven't posted yet.
Blaziking
Skylark
Barubu
werefish5
moon-panther
Dragon of Fire
I'm not saying we go for the nonparticipatory!lynch yet, but if we don't have any leads... just saying.

It also occurs to me to wonder what would happen in the (unlikely) event that the mafia boss didn't stick around to participate after receiving his role, and the followers didn't send in an action for him. Would it be randomized or would there be no mafia kill? Probably a moot point, but I haven't bothered to check who's viewed the thread and who hasn't (if anybody hasn't).

EDIT: Dude, ninja'd by like... everybody.

I think it's probably more likely that the Vigilante decided not to use his/her night action than that two kills were stopped. I don't know if the Mafia are allowed to not use a night action in this game, but I'm assuming they probably would have used one rather than waste a turn.

I just noticed that the night was only 23 hours long instead of the given 24, meaning either everyone turned in their night actions or Brock got an hour antsy. Now I'm inclined to think that everyone turned in their night actions.

Yeah. Demonic sounds good, but she did post. Blaziking, Barubu, moon-panther, Dragon of Fire, Skylark, and werefish5 haven't either. You're kind of focusing on her.

This could be easily explained if Hiikaru is the Inspector and saw demonickittens's alignment as Mafia.

moon-panther hasn't viewed the thread at all as far as I can tell, so maybe we could lynch her if she doesn't come on and we don't get any leads.

It seems extremely unlikely that we could get no deaths with just the roles that we know. My best guess would be that this happened because of the secret roles, though we can't be sure about what they do. If it's a healing role, which it probably is, it would probably a broad, general role, because a regular doctor isn't likely to have his medicine do anything if they chose at random.

Edit: Ninja'd epicly.

Last edited:

I'm feeling very confused right now about all this. One day, we get two deaths, and the next, we get zero. Maybe the Mafia is trying to throw people off its tracks?

That makes sense for some more complex games of mafia, but just how does it throw us off their trail? We wouldn't have any more idea of who the mafia was if they used their action, and so as Emerald Espeon said, why waste it?

It's not about not having posted at all - as I said, it was the first day. You can't really blame them for not wanting to speak up. Demonickittens on the other hand, hardly ever contributes regardless of alignment. It isn't a suspicious quality, just a useless one.

Lynching inactives hardly ever helps and surely any decent mafia has taken measures against that since it's so common.

I just noticed that the night was only 23 hours long instead of the given 24, meaning either everyone turned in their night actions or Brock got an hour antsy. Now I'm inclined to think that everyone turned in their night actions.

I noticed it was early, but I hadn't made that connection yet. It's really insane to think that they both got blocked for alien/heal.

Maybe knowing the names of the people who were healed could give us a clue, but we still won't actually know whether or not they were targeted and then the healers will become targets...

moon-panther hasn't viewed the thread at all as far as I can tell, so maybe we could lynch her if she doesn't come on and we don't get any leads.

Oh, moon-panther is probably a good choice too, then. First day anxiety is one thing, completely ignoring the thread is another.

(so many posts today!)

I don't think we should take the early night ending as a guarantee that everyone sent in their night actions.

Yeah, we can't really make any accurate guesses about what happened last night without knowing the secret roles, which probably had something to do with it. But we don't know if the secret roles are even on our side.

Brock's gone now, so he might have had some sort of appointment and decided if someone hasn't sent in a night action yet they're probably not going to, but we should at least assume it's pretty likely that the night actions were sent in.

I guess that might not be a guarantee that the vigilante and mafia both tried to kill someone, though. The vigilante and the mafia possibly could have sent out PMs saying they weren't planning to kill anyone; the vigilante doing this is more likely.

Hiikaru said:
Oh, moon-panther is probably a good choice too, then. First day anxiety is one thing, completely ignoring the thread is another.

Of course I'm assuming per my previous post that all the night actions were in, but this factoid implies to me that moon-panther is either a sheep (therefore, innocent, and a wasted lynch) or a nonparticipatory mafia goon (therefore, useless after all the other Mafia are killed). I think we should save her for a last-resort lynch later in the game and focus on people who are actually participating (even if they're not talking), because then, even if she is Mafia, we can first flush out the Mafia who are actually doing their jobs and paying attention (i.e. the most dangerous ones).

That probably sounded suspicious, but I really don't mean to defend moon-panther so much as observe that someone who's not participating won't be making any night-kills.

Or there might be some kind of weird Mafia plot to have one of their own avoid suspicion by not appearing to participate, but that seems like trying a little too hard to me...

EDIT: Sorry for all the double-posts, I just keep thinking of things after I've hit post and I don't really like hitting "Edit" in Mafia because that tends to imply a cover-up.

Back
Top Bottom