• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

General Sprite Contest

OK, lets vote on which contest should be next.

-disco theme
-scratching contest
-scratch enemies from other games in D/P style
-new evolution
-turn a Pokemon into a real animal

My vote's on the real animal one.

Awesome, people like my idea. x3

Um. Surskitty said we can host whatever contest we like in this board, so I'll just go right into it:

Go Animal!
vulpix
Foxy.

You can't pull ideas for Pokemon out of the air. There are tons of Pokemon based on something in real life, whether it be an animal, an object, or a person.

"A person? You're crazy."
hitmonchan
Am I?

In this contest, Pokemon will be going back to their roots-- you will be editing them to look like the animal they were based on. Whether this be amputating five of Vulpix's tails, extinguishing Rapidash's fire, or giving Arcanine a shave, these Pokemon will be reversing millenia of evolution to become the beasts from which they originally grew.
mew
"But I created them!"

Whatever. So because of this, you are limited to using Pokemon based on real-life animals unless you want to get laughed at. Because it would be pretty ridiculous seeing someone try and do Claydol.
claydol
"You suck."

Okay enough preface. Scores will be given out of 10 for every sprite, and first second third blah dee blah.

Entries:
15.​

Because it would be pretty ridiculous seeing someone try and do Claydol.
claydol
"You suck."​

...That made me laugh so hard.

Anyway. Oh my God. I actually did okay for someone who can barely do anything in the first place :D I got more than 3. Which is so much more than I expected.

...Yeah I have a severe case of low self-confidence

I thought you were just talking about amorphous things, like Claydol(which is actually an owlish thing...)

Uhh, maybe we should get surskitty to change the first post. Cause you're entering the wrong contest...

yeah see it's boring because I stopped caring about it thirty seconds in and I forgot to threadmin anyone possibly wanting to do stuff with it

Don't have it be a 'splice this with this' thing or 'revamp this sprite' or 'recolor foo to be bar'. Vague and generic contests aren't inherently bad; it's just that it's dumb when the board is saturated with them.

What the heck, I'll enter with a Panda Snorlax:

2whla3m.png

Back
Top Bottom