• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ground Zero Mosque

None of that says that Hamas is funding the project? Also, the wiki page is vandalised all the time - earlier today, for example - so I'm not sure I'd trust it as much as other wiki pages.

A number of commentators said that the builders planned various construction milestones, such as groundbreaking and the start of construction, to coincide with anniversaries of the September 11 attacks.

"A number of commentators", "the builders"... this is not a very reliable sounding source. But even so, it doesn't sound like anything official has been decided, and I don't know where you got the 2011 date from.

Additionally, you're being a little misleading - 46% of manhattans, yes, versus something like 29% against. And since Ground Zero is - surprise! - on Manhattan, I'm not sure why the other numbers matter.

edit:

The New York Post has reported that Abdul Rauf is a "prominent member" of the Malaysian-based Perdana Global Peace Organization. That is the single largest donor to the Free Gaza Movement, which in turn played a key role in organizing the violence-marred flotilla that tried to break the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip.

What relevance has this? The flotilla was carrying humanitarian aid, trying to breach Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip. The only violence in that incident was on the side of Israel. Are you suggesting this was a bad thing? Here is a good, albeit opinionated, summary.

Last edited:
Absolutely. There's nothing wrong with beating the IDF with metal rods or anything. Nothing.

I don't really see why who's funding it even matters (unless it's actually the specific group that targeted us on 9/11 and signs seem to be pointing towards 'no'), considering what's actually being built.

Well there's the small fact that a terrorist organization could easily withdraw its funding and run the project dry unless it is built and run to their specifications. As the way this guy is dodging questions like Captain Nick does dodgeballs, I would consider that likely.

Even assuming that was true, does that give you the right to go and assault the navy with rods and knives?

Also, what a strange diet Palestinian children have. Bomb making materials, do they go good on pizza?

Well there's the small fact that a terrorist organization could easily withdraw its funding and run the project dry unless it is built and run to their specifications. As the way this guy is dodging questions like Captain Nick does dodgeballs, I would consider that likely.

Given the attention this stuff is getting the government will likely catch on to this before it's a problem, if it's even a problem. They'll probably just find funding elsewhere if that even happens. That if isn't enough to stop the thing from being built. That's like not wanting to play a game even if you're good at it because the possibility of a game over is programmed into it.

If that's your logic either he's willingly accepting this funding or has nothing to hide by opening up his expenses.

Is there a law that says you have to be open about your funding when you're building something?...

edit: lol ninja'd. But emphasis!

No, but when people question where you're getting 100 million dollars it might be wise to dispel tensions. As to your earlier post I missed Pikachu they weren't attacked first.

No, but when people question where you're getting 100 million dollars it might be wise to dispel tensions. As to your earlier post I missed Pikachu they weren't attacked first.
Okay, you're giving Hamas waaay too much credit here (if you're saying that they're funding this). Hamas doesn't even have the money or resources to keep its people alive, and you're telling me that they're potentially sending millions of dollars to pay for a mosque?

Why might it be? Sure there'll be suspicion he's still totally within his legal right anyway. If I were that guy I'd probably guilt trip them on top of not tell them where my money's coming from, just because they're being so ignorant about the whole Muslim = terrorists thing. Either way, just not disclosing where you're getting your money from isn't substantial enough to halt construction.

Firstly, it doesn't have that kin of money because it's too busy launching thousands of missiles at Israel. NTM I think it's primary goal is not 'Feed Palestine.'

Also, to avoid thread derailment, I will defer the Flotilla to here.

EDIT: Darn ninja. Anyway, telling me that Muslims aren't terrorists won't comfort me after he said Hamas and Hezbollah weren't either. Also, because not showing your funding will definitely prove that NOTHING could possibly be up.

It doesn't prove something is up, either, though. That's all there is to it. Innocent until proven guilty?

If you really wanna debate the Israel question I can get my friend from another forum and let me tell you nobody can debate that better than a Jew.

Now as I said earlier, please keep this thread on it's rails.

"Nobody can debate that better than a Jew?" Are you sure, sonny?

Just for the record, Pwnemon, are you or are you not opposed to the bombing of buildings full of innocent people? You're giving me mixed signals here.

If you really wanna debate the Israel question I can get my friend from another forum and...

you keep ignoring questions/points that are raised. :| you'd be better off answering those than running off to get help.

Back
Top Bottom