• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

I think I'm gonna go reread Tofu's original claim sequence one more time quickly, because we seem to be remembering it slightly differently, but I really don't see how you can say that she "fucked up her roleclaim all by herself".
feel free to refer to the very thorough post we made detailing the events in the exact order they happened tbh.
tofu was already stumbling all over the place and drawing fire by the time blu popped in the thread with his interpretation of her role; him doing so effectively ended the debacle for the most part. blu's involvement in the process was honestly pretty minimal and you're definitely seeing something that isn't there if you think he's the one that made the whole thing controversial.

By "missed opportunity", I mean that by selecting our yeet (Tofu) early in the day and nothing else really happening to alter the wagon's course, we don't get any information much from pushing on other people. I mean, think about it - what new non-Tofu-related information have we got today?
we did not remotely select our yeet early in the Day; the wagon was met with intense apathy until this morning, over halfway through the Day. also i think we learned a lot just based on the way people have reacted to this discussion? this is a weird way to look at the game and even if it made sense i don't really see how randomly wagoning blu is supposed to remedy it.
-q

omg don't strain yourself <3
ily all and remember it's just a game :3 <3 (really tho. mafia is no fun at all if you take it too seriously)
ysa. you’re a blessing. <3 thank you ;u;

mkay. I wasn't just looking at you but also at others who seemed to follow the theory. Like I mentioned, it felt like trying to sidetrack discussion. The way I saw it was, does it really matter? Or like, would people change their plays based on the possibility of no mafs? Maybe not much except to consider antitown as separate independant factions, but the rationale we get in dayplay still applies.
imo it does matter. if there’s no ingroup mafia all association reads are naught but random noise

The suspicious part is that she only "discovered" the second action after Blu inexplicably figured out exactly what it was, and then she appeared almost immediately after his post to acknowledge and confirm it, in a way that he'd previously done to several of her posts. I don't really see how that happens without some sort of coordination between them.
you don’t need coördination to back-and-forth when both people are present in thread and real-timing
i still think you’re looking too much at one interaction that should’ve taken place in scumchat if they were w/w and then filing it together with a bunch of normal bluposts to make it sound incriminating

not saying you’re necessarily doing it deliberately, but that’s sure how i’m seeing it

But I'm still not at all convinced by the v!Blu arguments so far.
idk why you're reading our opposition as a "v!blu argument" tbh
your w!blu read was dependent on how he interacted with w!tofu inthread, meaning that it was extrapolation off of a different gutread. how is us saying "we should vote the first-order read that would offer some more information on the second-order read" confusing
the way i see it you're acknowledging that you think w!tofu -> w!blu (+ that they aren't antialigned), therefore lynch blu today despite there having been more revealing discussion about tofu? ??? and as we said earlier the correlation isn't even an exact one, it's too soon to even say that that implication is 100% (and definitely too soon to jump a step in the lynch chain there)

especially when a non-negligible part of your read is "they interact inthread a lot" which is just, like, not really significant imo and not worth jumping the gun in the way you're proposing
BM I'm interested to see if you have a reads list, if you haven't posted one recently already! ^^
hell yeah brother, it is in the works but i keep getting distracted

-m

feel free to refer to the very thorough post we made detailing the events in the exact order they happened tbh.
tofu was already stumbling all over the place and drawing fire by the time blu popped in the thread with his interpretation of her role; him doing so effectively ended the debacle for the most part. blu's involvement in the process was honestly pretty minimal and you're definitely seeing something that isn't there if you think he's the one that made the whole thing controversial.

Thanks for that. I don't really disagree with your presentation of the narrative, and I certainly am scumreading Tofu (if anything I've said has given the impression that I'm not, then I apologise). But her behaviour, though perhaps noteworthy, wasn't alignment-indicative in isolation from everything else that happened. Even you acknowledge that, here:
it's honestly pretty difficult to explain this regardless of her alignment.

we did not remotely select our yeet early in the Day
uh... what? What other realistic targets have been floated, then? Other than Negrek, who I acknowledged.

this is a weird way to look at the game
Hell yeah! Weird perspectives forever. >:3 In all seriousness, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think that this conversation is rapidly becoming unproductive, and I'm tired anyway, so I'm probably not going to be coming back before EoD. Hope all goes well.

uh... what? What other realistic targets have been floated, then? Other than Negrek, who I acknowledged.
yes the conversation has centered on negrek and tofu, but like

the fact that one player (us) cased tofu early on, but that the wagon didn't get any traction until late in the day (and that there was active resistance against it), is absolutely not "town settled on a lynch candidate and then didn't talk about anything else" and it's a bit reductive/untrue to say that it is

-m

I am not really in the headspace for mafia today. Just felt like prefacing this post by saying that.

It looks like Tofu is getting yeeted today which is... frustrating, because I'm pretty sure she's actually just town. It seems my proposal wasn't really given the consideration it deserves, which is equally frustrating, but I tried. I suppose the cop could check me tonight if that's the assurance they're looking for but I just feel like this ends up with us wasting a night and potentially losing the cop to mafia NK.

I was looking forward to powertowning this game but whatever. Oh also, my vote shouldn't be on Jack still; I voted for Hydreigon and figured it would clear that. I'm just gonna place a vote on kokorico if that's not good enough. I don't really feel like elaborating.

It looks like Tofu is getting yeeted today which is... frustrating, because I'm pretty sure she's actually just town. It seems my proposal wasn't really given the consideration it deserves, which is equally frustrating, but I tried. I suppose the cop could check me tonight if that's the assurance they're looking for but I just feel like this ends up with us wasting a night and potentially losing the cop to mafia NK.
tbh i don’t think that’s a waste. also don’t think that the cop is risking to get nightkilled unless a) i’m blind and didn’t notice a blatant soft or b) the mafia has a rolecop who correctly identified the cop N0 or N1

in fact, i think that the cop /should/ inspect vm because his alignment should be the one thing stopping us from putting his plan into action

i’m vibing here more than elsewhere. this will end nowhere but whatever. kokorico

BM I'm interested to see if you have a reads list, if you haven't posted one recently already! ^^
1ffff6d108ebf73c5d130ca7f4ead52c--meme.jpg

negrek
ysabel
vm
hqdefault.jpg

rnp
rari
blu
uc
fetchimage

stryke (a bit above null)
zm (null/??)
7f54d338077d216a8a1af407094c93e1.jpg

myuma
jack
tnonmzergj651.jpg

mawile
koko
tofu
probably clear from the list but we vibe with the onset of the koko counterwagon tbh tbh
-m

vm / jack 807
rari / negrek 852
rnp / negrek 858
rari / stryke 1080
rari / unvote 1090
bruh / tofu 1093
jack / blu 1115
ysabel / tofu 1126
tofu / ultracool 1133
ultracool / tofu 1141
jack / tofu 1157

koko / blu 1166
myuma / tofu 1169
mawile / tofu 1173
koko / tofu 1200
vm / koko 1210
rari / koko 1213
tofu (7): bruh #1093, ysabel #1126, ultracool #1141, jack #1157, myuma #1169, mawile #1173, koko #1200
koko (2): vm #1210, rari #1213
ultracool (1): tofu #1133
negrek (1): rnp #858

-m

i live for mewt’s tiermemes

would you mind explaining your progression on jack? i was ¬¬ing him a bit D1 but moved him a couple slots in my tierlist after you got pretty much confirmed and read jack as outside his wolfmeta via tarot

not for today ofc, but i am tempted to put him back in my PoE

Back
Top Bottom