• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

For sure, but why would she be the first to start talking about it once the game actually began? Obviously Mafia play is often not optimal, but it would seem way safer to hang back and wait for more info on this rather than writing it into your claim, when the other people who'd claimed already had felt no need to address it?
tofu.png

in all seriety, though, w!tofu could be assuming that handing out badges was a separate town ability. all of this discussion hinges around a) tofu being mafia and b) mafia not handing out badges, though, and both seem unlikely for me, especially the latter

b) mafia not handing out badges,
to be clear, it doesn't really revolve around that. though that admittedly strengthens it (we wouldn't have cased her like this if it were 100% dependent on that) like ... boiled down it's literally just "i have badge distribution + my oneshot! and nothing else" -> "er i have something called colorful scatter, looks like it's the same as badge distribution" -> "oh oops it is actually something else. oh it's what blu said!" wherein she only fully reads through her pm at this last stage

honestly if i think about how my pm is organized i still don't get how this happened without a backtrack, considering that colorful scatter would be bolded and located in a different section of the pm from the badge distribution itself
-m

Obviously Mafia play is often not optimal, but it would seem way safer to hang back and wait for more info on this rather than writing it into your claim, when the other people who'd claimed already had felt no need to address it?
yeah, i agree that an early claim is on the townier side. we talked about that here though - basically we didn't love that she immediately brought up "but i claimed early!" when she started vaguely coming under fire
we think the early claim is sorta towny on its own, but not, like, especially so. and we're very much of the opinion that whatever town points it did win her were cancelled out and then some by this post, where she points to it as evidence of her own towniness. imo "if i'm mafia, why do i do THIS, huh!?" rarely feels good—very LAMIST vibes and i think these thoughts occur to wolves more often than town.
-m
Yeah, idk, don't people say that kind of thing all the time when under fire? "But why would I do X if I were Mafia???" I haven't personally noticed that defense coming from Mafia more often than Town, tbh.

Exciting news, it turns out Myuma's "announcement after you die" power lasts the entire game... so you have one day phase to prepare your message, and then it will be displayed when you die, even if that's multiple days/nights later. idk if anybody else already figured that out, but I had thought it was only shown if they died before the start of the next day.

Anyhow, I've been preparing my last will and testament for MF.

So. Last thoughts. Mr. UC your role is def helpful. i'd recommend not to watch yourself again. pick whichever target you think may be more likely to be killed by mafia. same with doc
it would be great if a cop checked vm just to be sure they are town. or, you know. just do your thing.
mafia or whomever killed hydre may be paralyzed so that's good for us, but still, don't get confident
glgl

honestly if i think about how my pm is organized i still don't get how this happened without a backtrack, considering that colorful scatter would be bolded and located in a different section of the pm from the badge distribution itself
mine is also structered like that, aye

i still think it’s possible that she retained the details on the interesting part and judged the rest as boring and kinda conflated everything in her head

last tierlist of the Day
sylveon
rari - this might be illegal but i saw their role pm and can confirm they’re town

gardevoir
bruh - unless there were provided fakeclaims, which i highly doubt, the fact that they could correctly cite the town wincon makes them all but conftown

mawile
blu - pure as always, his interaction with tofu makes me think v
ultracool - most likely just town watcher, seems out of his scumgame

swirlix
keith - his d1 gambit was a sight to behold
negrek - probably just town joat. still a bit iffy here but we vibe.
ysabel - feels very pure. i may be pocketed.

jigglypuff
tofu - had many inconsistencies but i chalk all of them up either to genuine fuckups or to her townmeta as per cats
vm - something seems off, but i’m probably just overthinking it since i don’t see anything inherently scummy in his iso
myuma - gives me off pretty much the same vibes she gave town!me in cats. i like her presence and want to see more of her in the game.
mawile - the very definition of null

elgyem
stryke - i could bet money that he has something similar to zm’s role in that one old game. do not trust, do not lynch

hidden power
zm - poast moar

dedenne
jack - is sounding strange and has some weird reads
koko - bad gut feeling, might’ve caught a scumtell

Back
Top Bottom