• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamilton Musical Mafia 2021

just kinda vibing

townread wisper/sande (aka the active people)
probably bad idea
but whatever i'm doing it anyway

have no reads on zori because on one hand emotes are sus
on the other hand using /just/ emotes is pretty badass
so i'm torn

if zori is stuck communicating exclusively via reaction, I'd feel inclined to assume they're most likely town; having a post restriction is much worse on a mafiosx than on a townie. additionally, if someone else silenced them, it's likeliest that whoever did so is mafia, and thus would've had little incentive to target a fellow mafiosx

tragically, townreading someone who cannot freaken post does rather little besides advance PoE,

as for the people who are posting, I still have positively no read on ephemera or sande; I feel like the posting from those two has been a jot more vollume than substance, and kind of aimless. wisper was giving me a slightly stronger impression of being solvy; am willing to call that a townread for now. and there's qenya lastly but reading her is hard

and lastly lastly, there are the folks who aren't posting. which reminds me, isn't it bizarre that Hydreigon25's been silent so far? like, I wouldn't be surprised to find RNP or IndigoEmmy to be inactive, fashionably late, or not aware that the game started, but hydrei is usually pretty active on mafia games. hmmmmmmmm

look in my defense i've been sick since sunday
thanks for checking in, and get well soon!

anyways, we need to get voting for real, huh? I'm going to start by pressuring the inactives -- Hydreigon25 first for the sake of, let's just say, originality -- but I wonder, do we have a real wagon to send barreling down the tracks today?

i'd wagon hydre or mera

i know hydre hates playing scum and i feel like mera's pocketing thing around sande was

played up

yo guys

ok so i've been chatting to Zori, who it turns out can freely talk privately, just not publicly. i am, at this point, pretty sure she's town? it's possible i'm just terribly pocketed, but at this stage it doesn't seem likely to me without strong evidence to the contrary. she asserts that she is definitely not dead, just unable to post in this thread. from what xe said earlier i think Wisper probably also heard from her, is that right?

by comparing notes, we have a certain mech reason to believe that the "Aaron Burr is dead" message at the start means that a player was nightkilled, but we don't know who "Aaron Burr" refers to. based on who's posted so far, it's presumably either Hydreigon or Mr. Ultracool. so i think, and Zori agrees, that it would be unwise to try to yeet one of them since we might end up wasting it.

as for who we should yeet, we have two favoured targets:
  • Mera's question to Wisper definitely sounded weird. personally, to me it sounded a bit like a wolf trying to signal to an outgroup that they know is there and just don't know the identity of. Zori also thinks that Mera claiming to be hopelessly pocketed by sande was a way of avoiding their progression on sande being trackable.
  • Zori thinks sande's theorycrafting earlier was suspiciously well-informed. in fact, upon rereading some of their posts from last night, one thing they mentioned is something that, if town, they shouldn't have any way of knowing (i'm not sure if Zori wants me to reveal it rn?). while it's possible that they only guessed it rather than actually knowing it, it does seem a little bit convenient that they immediately jumped to it.
so, we're hoping that the wagons at EoD will end up on Mera and sande. with that in mind i'm voting sanderidge for now.

how the fuck do people always jump in front of me, even when i remember to check for new replies before posting. smh.

ok so i've been chatting to Zori, who it turns out can freely talk privately, just not publicly.
intriguing! I suppose that makes a little more sense that she's still allowed to react to posts in the thread, then. I'm guessing we thus don't have to worry about there being a silencer running around; if someone's totally mum against all reason, then that's either regular inactivity or, contingent on whether that was a legit player death being announced back there on the daypost, that person's dead unbeknowst to us. (I'm definitely considering both "not an actual death" and "secret player death" possibilities btw, considering that announcement was immediately followed by an admission of bastardry-)

hard to scumhunt secondhand; I'm willing to follow qenya's lead on townreading zori for now -- and again, this restriction would probably be much harsher on mafiosx than on a townie, although I suppose it'd at least be very flavorful for a mafiosx -- but I'm also not going to locktown what I can't see

or Mr. Ultracool
oh goddammit I completely missed that that one is playing. that's one more player presently unaccounted for!

the ALIENS part of me is starting to think that maybe we have multiple secret deaths, and the day announcement is either a red herring or a limited announcement. still, multiple deaths on N0... well, it's happened before, but it's not an act that's highly recommended to follow--

but yeah no, it's far more occam's razor that some people are just inactive rn

as for who we should yeet, we have two favoured targets:
  • Mera's question to Wisper definitely sounded weird. personally, to me it sounded a bit like a wolf trying to signal to an outgroup that they know is there and just don't know the identity of. Zori also thinks that Mera claiming to be hopelessly pocketed by sande was a way of avoiding their progression on sande being trackable.
  • Zori thinks sande's theorycrafting earlier was suspiciously well-informed. in fact, upon rereading some of their posts from last night, one thing they mentioned is something that, if town, they shouldn't have any way of knowing (i'm not sure if Zori wants me to reveal it rn?). while it's possible that they only guessed it rather than actually knowing it, it does seem a little bit convenient that they immediately jumped to it.
so, we're hoping that the wagons at EoD will end up on Mera and sande. with that in mind i'm voting sanderidge for now.
I usually find deliberate wagonomics to be a pretty weird thing to engage in, but I'm guessing you two are thinking that ephemera and sande are reasonably likely co-wolves?

at this point in my Mafia Career i'm mostly trying to toss out everything i think bc 1. if i try to think too hard i'll never post out of anxiety 2. i figure talking more gives people more tone to read off me (which is maybe at least better than being inactive? idk the strats) 3. it gives people more of "how does sande think" bc the way i think is weird and also not apparently usually very followable. so i very much do not disagree w mf's diagnosis of more volume than substance; high volume is something i'm kinda intentionally aiming for

Back
Top Bottom