• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamilton Musical Mafia 2021

Zori thinks sande's theorycrafting earlier was suspiciously well-informed. in fact, upon rereading some of their posts from last night, one thing they mentioned is something that, if town, they shouldn't have any way of knowing (i'm not sure if Zori wants me to reveal it rn?). while it's possible that they only guessed it rather than actually knowing it, it does seem a little bit convenient that they immediately jumped to it.
while this will not help my life i agree that you have more reason to trust zori than me rn bc all i'm doing is posting every time i think of something, so i have, uh, no defense other than Pls Don't Kill Me I'm Just Trying To Help, BUT if i'm going to be yeeted can i at least find out what i was smart about before i die

can verify basically all of qenya's post ye
like mechanically, or do you just agree?
mechanically

i can confirm i've been talking w/ zori and have ~basically all the info that qenya posted
oooh, so it's not even a single-target affair, and zori can just privately talk to people, potentially everyone! I see. this is even less likely to be a scum role, then, and it's also now extaordinarily unlikely to be just qenya and zori as scumbuddies staging something. that's pretty much locktown then yeah

(I'm assuming the playercount we have implies two mafiosi, anyway. three is a jot high. although if one of them were saddled with a post restriction...... ... nah, that's too outlandish by half, at least without anything else pointing to it)

very well, then; I suppose our best bet is to bump off sande or ephemera, and then see if one leads us to the other. in that respect, I think sanderidge being scum would be a badbadbad look for ephemera, so, why don't we check out if that's a disaster waiting to happen?

I usually find deliberate wagonomics to be a pretty weird thing to engage in, but I'm guessing you two are thinking that ephemera and sande are reasonably likely co-wolves?
in answer to this, no, not necessarily? it's more just that we have individual scumleans on each of them. i guess you could argue that mera's thing of being "hopelessly pocketed" by sande is an excuse not to examine them closely? but i'm certainly not confident we're right about both of them.

i do very much empathise with sande's "just trying to throw out the thoughts i have", though - it's what i tend to do (or at least tend to try to do) too, and i certainly think it's a much better general strategy as a townie than "keep quiet and hope nobody kills me". hmm. gonna let that marinate for a bit.

i guess the other option would be to go after one of the people who definitely aren't dead but nevertheless have been kinda inactive. like RNP or Indigo. it's a bit cliche but it does often work (see: ghost manor mafia, berlin 2070)

(to be perfectly transparent i am not personally invested in staying alive in this game bc 1. forgot we signed up 2. undergrad thesis due in two weeks 3. not having great mental health time in general, so i really think if you honestly believe that i'm mafia + my flip would tell you about mera, you should go for it, but this is not a good in-game strat, please leave me alive, etc etc)

afraid i'll forget to vote before eod (two hours iirc?);
not good at reads/not confident abt these but;
feeling good abt mf but i think that's my hindbrain saying Look Experienced Mafia Player Follow Their Lead and also i agree w/logic on qenya and zori, especially zori, since it would be very strange to have scum in the specific role zori is in (unless there are more mafia than we think and the bastardry is the Mafia Neighborizor thingy but i don't think that's likely for the reasons mf gave);
for more details on qenya i don't think mafia!qenya would be like Haha Let's Get a Townie (and then have to backtrack and be like "nooo i guess it didn't tell us anything haha sorry guys" so early on so i feel prettty good abt her;
no thoughts on rnp bc sick;
wondering where indigo and hydreigon are, forgot mr ultracool existed.

for more complicated thoughts: i always read wisper Not Positively at first but i think this is literally just the typing style and there's nothing more to it so Cognitive Brain wise they're probably fine but Feelings Brain wise not so much (but also, there's always nothing to that, so)
opposite on mera, where Cognitive Brain says be careful if someone is suddenly attached to you out of nowhere but Feelings Brain says "i made a friend" ghsdjkgnsdf

miss having hydrachat so i could put all these posts in there all the time. i think this is why i'm treating the forum message thingy like discord messages where i put in two lines at a time and press post

mm. hmm. yeah. ok this is all sounding very townie-stream-of-consciousness isn't it. aaaagh

me, not at all confidently: Ephemera

i do not like M&F's vote on sanderidge

M&F

serious vote this time wheeeeee

also i'm generally aimless (lolselfmeta) so i don't think that's particularly a tell for me either way lmao

anyhow since people are voting for me due to the /same alignment/ question i might as well show my thought process on that

i didn't want to know if wisper (can i still call you mist since it's what i'm used to on MU or should i stick with this lmk) thought i was town
i wanted to see what she made of the question, and how she answered it
like, why would she think we were both town-aligned (i'm fairly sure if she said yes she would have been saying both town aligned, for two reasons :U) or why would she think we weren't teamed?
i wanted to see into her mindset, a bit

(i could call you wisp but wisp is someone else on MU and that's a bit confusing lol)

oooh, so it's not even a single-target affair, and zori can just privately talk to people, potentially everyone! I see. this is even less likely to be a scum role, then, and it's also now extaordinarily unlikely to be just qenya and zori as scumbuddies staging something. that's pretty much locktown then yeah

(I'm assuming the playercount we have implies two mafiosi, anyway. three is a jot high. although if one of them were saddled with a post restriction...... ... nah, that's too outlandish by half, at least without anything else pointing to it)

very well, then; I suppose our best bet is to bump off sande or ephemera, and then see if one leads us to the other. in that respect, I think sanderidge being scum would be a badbadbad look for ephemera, so, why don't we check out if that's a disaster waiting to happen?

don't like this at all tbqh
setting up a chain between me and sande for what was fmpov pretty obviously just banter
plus i just don't like the idea of eliminating sande lol but that's not the point

also the discussion of zori's alignment based on role mechanics seems a bit /eh/ for me
like, serious thoughts on zori this time, i don't think the fact that their role having a restriction on posts should be in any way alignment indicative
don't like that either

weh

i'll vote to self-pres if necessary, because i think my role is /alright/ for town lmao

but i think this is a better vote if possible

i have an hour until, as of votecount right now, i die

despite the fact that mafia is pain, i would quite enjoy not dying

i could flavorclaim and/or roleclaim if no one moves off of me in ~40 minutes?
and/or self-pres

setting up a chain between me and sande for what was fmpov pretty obviously just banter
plus i just don't like the idea of eliminating sande lol but that's not the point

also the discussion of zori's alignment based on role mechanics seems a bit /eh/ for me
like, serious thoughts on zori this time, i don't think the fact that their role having a restriction on posts should be in any way alignment indicative
don't like that either

weh
i'm torn on this - i also think we were just bantering lol but also i understand that anything we say Has to be used for tone/read/investigation purposes at this point, where there's not that much mech data, so i don't actually dislike what mf thought/did/voted; i think that's perfectly reasonable thing to be doing at this stage when we have ~6pgs of posts (and half of them are me sending one-liners), and i also like the logic mf came up with.

i'm back and forth on zori being mafia but i think it's not too likely rn - even in a bastard game - that zori is a Mafia Person Who Can Talk To Everyone And Manipulate People from Behind the Scenes -- is there even a character that could be flavored like that in hamilton?? not that flavor determines everything (says the one who obsessively reads opening posts and setup thread remarks to see if they can Glean Information that way) but still -- and also, even if zori Is background mafia like that, the best we can do is be aware bc i don't think we can vote for her anyway? i might change my mind on this if the game drags on and we have no more leads but it's d1 so. not feeling inclined to go for my Maximum Paranoia route on zori, comforble saying/thinking town.

anyway i am now kind of concern.jpg at mera's own obvious concern for my Health & Safety and kind of wondering if there's a mechanics-based reason for it (is there such a thing as secret lovers?????? one-sided lovers??????) or if it's just a very strong Read lmao. if it is mechanics-based it could be why she asked the sudden and weird "are you my alignment?!" to wisper, esp if she gets to know that her dependent is on a different team, but she did also say it was for a read. mrghrghngh. how do u people function with reads it feels like being told to stick my hand into an oven to check the temperature... don't wanna be burned...

hrmhmrhm i came in here all ready to vote for an inactive but now i am considering voting for mera in light of Those Concerns

more thoughts on mera: would mafia say their role is alright for town, in an attempt to make themselves sound Partially Palatable and not have to claim something strong/useful on the spot?? paging more experienced ppl here

i want take nap ;w; so i will be gone on the hour but. i am here until then

i guess you could argue that mera's thing of being "hopelessly pocketed" by sande is an excuse not to examine them closely
it absolutely is
i'm lazy lmao

dwdw i'll get more serious as the game goes on but right now i kinda read them town on tone (also hydra with them last game feels /similar/ here but i've never seen sande as scum) so i don't think i need to examine there too closely yet

and therefore i can banter about pockets and stuff

i have an hour until, as of votecount right now, i die

despite the fact that mafia is pain, i would quite enjoy not dying

i could flavorclaim and/or roleclaim if no one moves off of me in ~40 minutes?
and/or self-pres
actually this is really conveniently timed bc i am currently paranoid about you. pls do

it is lol

the stuff inside "m&f said" is actually what i said

and the stuff in the rest is what you wrote

Back
Top Bottom