• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hardest Final Bosses in video games!

Minish

Pronoun
they
So we have an 'easiest final bosses' thread, but none for the hardest ones... unless I missed it. Which is actually quite likely, but hey.

I'm going to go with Safer Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. Bloody damn hard. Maybe not now, I haven't played right until the end again for a while... but I'm sure he'd still be pretty difficult. >_< Additionally him coming down with One Winged Angel starting to play... for the eleven year old Cirrus, when I first played it, it was bloody terrifying.XD I'm easily scared. XD

Anyone else~?

Tabuu, but that was on intense difficulty. Those wings are unbeatable on intense.

Strife in Chronicles of the Sword on Soul Calibur 3 is absolutely ridiculous; not only is he the second strongest enemy you have to face - and only one of three whose levels rival those of the original characters - but his absurd quantity of 900 hit points are far, far higher than any normal level 63 character ought to be. And to top it all off, he has Soul Edge, which absorbs HP; sure, you could just block the whole time as his health drains away, but you'd be waiting quite a long while, plus he loves to abuse throws.

Also, Lou in Guitar Hero 3 - not quite a boss in the traditional sense, but still. On Hard difficulty, the beginning of TDWDTG gives him an insanely long string of notes while you're stuck with sustains, and, since the CP never misses, his rock meter will be beyond full by the time you get to the midway point of the song, where the weapons first begin to appear and you'll have to be really freakin' good to still be above red.

Master/Crazy Hand at the same time, it's just ridiculous, seriously. And I was at my last stock when I battled them, and when I died, and pressed continue I only fought Master Hand, which reduces the difficulty seriously.And you fight them at the end of classic mode, which makes them the final boss

In Kngdom Hearts II Final Mix +, after you beat the game, you can fight Terra. He's optional, but ridiculously hard.

Yami on Okami. He's not exetremly hard, it's just that he's really annoying. Especially his 4th and 5th forms. And his health goes down kinda slowly.

Darkrai in PMD2. I'm a SKITTY and one of the abilities I'm forced to have is NORMALIZE which makes all my attacks(even the A attack) NORMAL. DARKRAI IS A GHOST TYPE.

I do have a Charmander partner but that does help so much as having two attackers.

Darkrai in PMD2. I'm a SKITTY and one of the abilities I'm forced to have is NORMALIZE which makes all my attacks(even the A attack) NORMAL. DARKRAI IS A GHOST TYPE.

I do have a Charmander partner but that does help so much as having two attackers.

Darkrai is Dark-type. :/ And I'm a Skitty with cute charm by the way. :D
And is a boy. >:

Shadow Queen's Final Form from PMD2. Those hands of hers anger me to no end.

And I second Tabuu on intense.

Tales of Phantasia's Dhaos. If you don't know what to do (actually, even if you have a general idea) he'll rip you apart easily. It doesn't help that he ABSORBS EVERYTHING unless it has no elemental affiliate.

Darkrai is Dark-type. :/ And I'm a Skitty with cute charm by the way. :D
And is a boy. >:

Gark, how did I not see that? (God, Darkrai even had Dark in it o_O, stupid mindblank)

Also I think in PMD2 you have to have both abilities, at the same time. It can be good or bad...in this case it is bad as Skitty actually has a very good movepool with decent type coverage.

Seconding Lou from Guitar Hero (on Expert) and Tabuu from Brawl (on higher difficulties). If Lou gets so much as one power-up, you're pretty much screwed; that song is hard enough as it is... and Tabuu's just plain impossible for a second-rater like me.

Then there's the Emperor Ing from Metroid Prime 2 (on Hard difficulty). Strangely, I beat him on my first try, but when I've replayed him afterwards I've never succeeded. I tend to lose a lot of health and ammo during the first part of the battle, which makes it kind of difficult to defeat the final form. (He wasn't even nearly as bad as the Boost Guardian on Hard, though...)

Fontaine
from BioShock was a bit of a pain, though I think that's partly because I kept getting interrupted by random lag spikes while playing... Even so, though.

Beating Malus from Shadow of the Colossus isn't difficult in itself, but figuring out how to do it is insanely hard (unless you cheat and use a guide or something). That goes for most of the bosses in SotC, actually, since that's pretty much the point of the game - but he's the final one, so yeah.

Those are all I can think of at the moment.

I can hardly beat Tabuu on the easier difficulty settings X3

He's not a final boss (actually, a million times harder than the final boss, I reckon), but I hatehatehate Seymour Flux (I'm fairly sure it's Flux... the one on Mt. Gagazette) from FFX. Him and his freaking Lance of bloody Atrophy D<

Getting killed at Touhou, woo-hoo. Subterranian Animism is terribly, insanely hard.

Savato on Trauma Centre: Under the Knife.

Gargh.

Kurt Zisa and Phantom in KH. They're both optional, but they're really fucking annoying and hard!

I'll give you Kurt Zisa, but Phantom's not hard at all actually if you're LV65+

He's not a final boss (actually, a million times harder than the final boss, I reckon), but I hatehatehate Seymour Flux (I'm fairly sure it's Flux... the one on Mt. Gagazette) from FFX. Him and his freaking Lance of bloody Atrophy D<

I always found it funny that you can poison him with Lulu's Bio :>

I haven't played in a long time, but I think Al Bhed Potions work dandily.

Back
Top Bottom