• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Looking at the HGSS sprites from Bulbapedia, it seems like they've made extra effort even there. Most that I've seen look epic. And I really want the games. A lot.

@above: I approve. A LOT.

Plus, Lance / Red battle music is so epic it's not even epic anymore, it surpasses epic and trips up epic on its way past.

Downloading a HeartGold ROM right now. 35% so far!

I like the new sprites, both trainers and Pokemon. Green (I like Blue better! Of course, that'll be his name in English...) does look a little girly...but the other leaders look nice. I like Blaine's new look, Bugsy still looks like a girl, and Sabrina looks hot! XD

And especially Bugsy though if I remeber correctly, he's way younger than...most gym leaders so it all rounds out
WHAT? Bugsy is a guy! *passes out*

It seems to me that Blue's face is almost identical to Misty's (but I've only seen the badge cards soo)

My ROM keeps crashing right before I actually get to play ;_;

Maybe it's a sign I should just wait. Or maybe I just don't know how to work a DS emulator...

Maybe it's a sign I should just wait. Or maybe I just don't know how to work a DS emulator...

From what I've gathered, pretty much all of the ROMs right now are like that.

What emulator are you using? I've got No$GBA, and the game would lock up immediately after I went through the thing with Oak at the beginning. Then I found a patch specifically for that, but I couldn't get that to work. Then someone on some forum uploaded a copy of SoulSilver that was already patched, and it's working for me (although it's rather slow).

No, it's the ROM. You'll have to look around for a patch called "pokefix" and follow the instructions there to the letter while making sure you're using No$GBA 2.6a. And if you get a "cannot load file" or something like that when running the encrypter, look for an already-encrypted version of the ROM and use that instead.

No, it's the ROM. You'll have to look around for a patch called "pokefix" and follow the instructions there to the letter while making sure you're using No$GBA 2.6a. And if you get a "cannot load file" or something like that when running the encrypter, look for an already-encrypted version of the ROM and use that instead.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. At least it runs far enough so I can make a video of the intro...

I've taken a look at all the sprites, and I have to say I'm impressed. ...With the poses. They certainly are better than DPPt's, in my opinion, but am I the only person who finds the shading on the sprites a bit... lacking? Sure, they still have one base colour, shade, and highlight each, but take Gengar for an example. The base colour covers its entire upper body, down to its mouth. I'm probably just being incredibly nitpicky here, but I just can't shake the impression that the shading quality has gone down, if just a little.
The poses are really awesome though, especially for the Pokemon with scythes and similar. Scyther, Scizor, and Kabutops all look awesome. Steelix and Moltres also look amazing, as well a lot of others I can't name off the top of my head.

myyyyyyy soulsilver got shipped todaaaaaaaaaay!

:O

I. am. so. jealous.

I plan on getting HeartGold in japanese then get both when they come out in Australia. Luckily my birthday is in a month so I can just ditch presents and ask everyone for cash.

:O

I. am. so. jealous.

I plan on getting HeartGold in japanese then get both when they come out in Australia. Luckily my birthday is in a month so I can just ditch presents and ask everyone for cash.

Stop stealing my plan! >:U

Nah, I'm kidding. But I have a friend who's going to Japan soon, and I should get mine by the end of the holidays (in Australia).

OMGOMGOMG

Gamefreak listened! They've put Misdreavus and Murkrow earlier in the game (in the Safari Zone). This is one of the main things I wanted I am so freaking happy right now.

Now we just need Larvitar and Houndour earlier...

EDIT: I wonder when we'll start getting PokeWalker details?

Back
Top Bottom