• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HEY USIANS IS YOUR TAP WATER INFLAMMABLE?

Can you light your tap water on fire?

• Yep! I sure do love fracking!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Not yet!

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I am a loser who refuses to test this in case it means I then have no eyebrows.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
I AM ASKING THIS IN COMPLETE SERIOUSNESS

GO CHECK

AND THEN TELL ME

ETA: INFLAMMABLE MEANS CAPABLE OF BECOMING INFLAMED
SO IF YOU CAN LIGHT IT ON FIRE, IT IS INFLAMMABLE
IT IS ALSO FLAMMABLE
THEY MEAN THE SAME THING

Last edited:
I take it you guys don't drink your tap water, then?
Not if it burns, we don't. But these days you actually need to make sure you can't light your tap water on fire.
my water did not go WHOOSH when i held a lighter to it just now, so i'm operating under the assumption that it is not flammable. for now.
Yet, anyway.

The EPA thinks the whole thing with a lot of people being able to light their tap water on fire might be a result of fracking. Might. Oil companies deny this. I wonder how they explain methane and their various chemicals getting into the drinking water, then! It's not as though fracking works by shoving a metric fuckton of previously-clean water (they refuse to try brackish water; drinking-quality water only!! DURING DROUGHTS.) laden with chemicals into reservoirs deep underground or anything! There's no way this could fuck up wells.

Legendaryseeker, if you're in the US and particularly if you're in Wyoming, Pennsylvania, or Texas, you might want to test to make sure you can't light it on fire. Carefully.

Well, I'm pretty sure we've used tap water to put out fires at school before, and that's the same water supply as for my house at home.
I voted "I am a loser who refuses to test this in case it means I then have no eyebrows" though, not because I'm worried it'll mean I have no eyebrows, but because I don't want to light the dorm on fire, and I don't even have a lighter here.
Think I saw a proposal to start fracking around here, but I don't think it went through. Man, I hope it didn't go through.

Oh, I live in CA.

And I don't drink tap, we have filtered water or something (unless that's the same thing?)
That is still tap water!
Well, I'm pretty sure we've used tap water to put out fires at school before, and that's the same water supply as for my house at home.
I voted "I am a loser who refuses to test this in case it means I then have no eyebrows" though, not because I'm worried it'll mean I have no eyebrows, but because I don't want to light the dorm on fire, and I don't even have a lighter here.
Think I saw a proposal to start fracking around here, but I don't think it went through. Man, I hope it didn't go through.
Well, if your tap water's inflammable, it'll usually only burn for a second or two because methane goes up like ... methane. There's some other inflammable things in there too but it still won't remain on fire long. But the fact it goes on fire at all is kind of impressive. And special.

fuck i can't put out all these fires what have you done

01596_2.gif

i did this man
i made this hapen

EDIT: I just have to know
Is your house actually on fire now?

Last edited:
My family can't light our tapwater on fire becuase we live on city water (despite the fact that this is more of a town than a city).

However, we probably wouldn't have to look very far to find some messed-up water, seeing as we live in the large belt in the west that is covered in fracking sites. You can pretty much see at least one, usually around five when you stand from any spot unless you go up to the mountains or a national park or something.

Flammability realy isn't the only thing, either. We watched a documentary on this a year or two ago, and apparently those chemicals do some crazy things to water. If you take a blowtorch to a tub of water in some places, it will begin to form little balls of plastic. If a farmer refuses to give up some of their land for a frack drill, the government will seize it anyway. The contaminated water screws up every living thing that comes into contact with it, and like I said, the drills are usually put in the middle of a field filled with crops, which most people around here tend to eat a lot.

So anyway, Colorado is pretty much just a screwed up state that exists pretty much for the soul purpose of recreation and water-induced epidemics. Wyoming is kind of like that too, but with less skiing.

Back
Top Bottom