• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hours of sleep

How many hours of sleep do YOU need?

• Less than 6

Votes: 10 25.0%

Votes: 3 7.5%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 8 20.0%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 3 7.5%

Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 12

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Seritinajii

Always a sucker for bubble tea
Pronoun
he
Okay, I'm sad. The reason is a classic reason - I don't wanna go to sleep when my dad says I have to.

So he wants me to go to sleep at ten on weekend nights, because I usually wake up around seven every morning. But the thing is, I don't need nine hours of sleep. Or at least I don't think so.

I did some research around the internet about hours of sleep. I'm eleven years old. On a lot of sites one group was 5-12, my range. Apparently the recommended is 10-11. When I read that, I thought "What the heck?" I always felt just fine with 8-9.

On school days, I go to sleep at 9:00, or sometimes earlier. Then I get about 9 hours of sleep (it takes me around 15 minutes to fall asleep), wake up at 6:30, and get ready for school. I feel fine, even if I feel kinda tired right when I wake up.

So tell me - how many hours of sleep do you think I'd need? Or discuss how many you need and stuff.

I can function with about 6, but I'm grumpy as hell with anything less than 8. Though I usually get about 12-13 hours when I don't have seminars. I'm so lazy X3

I've messed up my sleep pattern so badly I tend to go to sleep at about 3am-ish (sometimes as late as 6 in the morning) and wake up at about 2pm-ish (and my personal record is 6 in the evening).

On school days, I need about seven if I don't want to be tired during school.
On weekends, I need only need five to function properly. And by 'function' I mean do nothing.

Most people have different sleeping periods; anywhere from 3-11 hours is 'normal' for people, I think.

I usually sleep for a long time if I don't need to get up... maybe 10 hours? I sleep a lot. xD I love sleeping, it's like one of my favourite things in the world.

Ehhh. I screwed over my sleeping time in the summer...so now I live off of three hours on both weekends and school nights. o.o

My sleep pattern currently sucks, and I keep getting nagged for it, but I LOVE sleeping.
It's pretty awesome.
You're just going to do worse when awake if you study all night and load your day up with diversions and stress. It's a horrible, horrible cycle, people deceiving themselves into thinking they only need like four or five hours. (Maybe some people do, but these people I know stay up like that every day on weekdays, and later om weeknights). They have lots of homework and stereotypical Asian parents pushing them, so it makes sense, but it's scary.

I'm having trouble getting sleep simply because I think too much.
I think about the same dumb things every night and spend unholy amounts of time on the computer each day. But oh well.
I could also go with way less sleep, so I'm not going to answer, because my amount of sleep is a highly coveted luxury. I might start choking it, though, and sleeping in one day, then getting up early the next, which won't work but should be very amusing.

Weekdays about 10, (cut off because of school, grr)
Weekends about 14.

And usually I'm still tired ><

I've just woken up after about 9 hours' sleep. That's pretty usual for me on a weekend, so I think that's good enough for me.

Weekdays are a bit shorter, because I have to wake up at 7am for school. Then, I get about... 7-8 hours depending on how early I fall asleep. I generally feel pretty tired in the morning, but that's more dread of school than anything else.

Occasionally, I have wonderful bouts of insomnia that leave me with 4 hours' sleep on a weekday. :D

Nine hours is perfect; I can function up to about six, but if I sleep more than ten hours I get waking paralysis so bad.

It depends on what you mean by 'need'.

On weekdays I get about eight, and on weekends, about twelve. (I stay up a lot later on weekends, but i get up sometime in the afternoon because I can't get myself up without someone calling me and nobody bothers calling me).

I'm getting around the amount I'd think I need, but I feel tired every single day now. I just with I'd bother going to sleep earlier instead of being on my DS until 2:00 AM.

I'm not sure. It seems random to me; some days I have seven hours and am fine the next day, others I have seven and are smashed the next day, even though both days had the same amount of physical activity, etc., all that stuff. :/

My dad says it's something to do with whether you wake up during deep sleep or light sleep, and if you wake up during deep sleep, you feel more tired, for obvious reasons.

So I'm really not sure. I put 'ten' because I'm usually a little tired if I have eight, which is what I normally have on school days. Weekends I get more headaches, and I generally go to sleep later abut wake up later and just laze around in bed thinking for no apparent reason. XD

Back
Top Bottom