• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hours of sleep

How many hours of sleep do YOU need?

• Less than 6

Votes: 10 25.0%

Votes: 3 7.5%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 8 20.0%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 3 7.5%

Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 12

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
I can function just fine on four (weekdays). Weekends, well, ten to fifteen is the usual.

7 hours for me.

I mean, I'll live on 2-4, but it's hardly a good idea. I'll be awake, but sometimes I feel crappy all day.

You typically need less sleep as you get older, if that helps at all. I know 3-4 years ago it would've been almost 9 hours for me.

school nights = about 7
non school nights = varies but I like to have about 11 or 12

I need at least 10 to function properly

Yesterday I got 14 hours of sleep.
Today I got three and a half.

Oddly, I feel more awake now than I did yesterday, though I'll probably collapse later or something X3

I need 6-8.

I've been going to sleep at 1:00~2:00 AM which is really bad. I'm trying to fix my sleep cycle.
I keep on falling asleep in class. =/

Getting too much sleep can make you feel tired, believe it or not.

That would explain a lot xD Well usually, I sleep from 12:30 AM to 7:50 AM, and usually still feel sleeping until around ... all day, lately, but mainly in the mornings. I just included the morning hours of school when I still feel sleepy anyway, because I feel like I still need to be sleeping then, which is about three hours. xD

In other words; I like sleeping :)

Like, 6 on school nights. I go to bed at twelve, wake up when my parents start making loads of noise at 6am. :D Maybe even less than that because I don't fall asleep straight away.

On the weekend, I don't even care to count. I'll sleep when I want to which probably ends up me sleeping for half a day.

Well, I've been having some serious sleeping problems lately, so I only really sleep for five or six hours every night (NOT cool T_T), but I'd really want nine or ten.

And you say you don't think you need nine hours, but you really should try that 10-11 option. And I guess you're in that age when school isn't very demanding and you can be a bit coughdefiantcough... but you should try. And not just one night, but like for a week, since you might have problems falling asleep at like eight the first few nights, being used to falling asleep later. Don't be afraid to experiment with your sleep cycle, as long as you don't whack it out of control :)

I need 10 to be fully awake and pretty happy, also needed for best work and whatever. 8 is survivable, 6 makes me a grumpy grouchface, 4 makes my system explode UNLESS I watched TV or did something that is awakening and 2 is practically impossible.

On schoolnights I get anywhere from 7 to 9 hours... On weekends it just depends. Sometimes it'll be 7, sometimes 12, but...recently it's set at about 11 hours. The more sleep I get, the better I feel. ^^

10-12 hours on Friday nights, 6-10 on Saturdays, and I don't know how long I need for weekdays but I get 4-6. I'm never tired after 11 or so on weekdays no matter how much sleep I got the night before, although my first two classes (the hard ones!) are often spent half-asleep.

Back
Top Bottom