• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Shiny Pokemon do you have?

How many Shinies do you have?

• 0-10

Votes: 204 87.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 31 or over

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
shiny Zigzagoon

I'm walking back to Fortree and then "hey are Zigzagoon normally so dark" and then *sparkle* and then *catch* and then :3.

That makes eight shinies I've ever seen (Rattata, Spinarak, Oddish, Exeggcute, Zubat, Geodude, Spearow, Zigzagoon) and two that I still have today (Spearow as part of my main FR team and Zigzagoon).

I deleted the first three, accidentally ran from the fourth, had to run from the fifth because it was a new Diamond game that I was unable to save on, the sixth blew itself up and so I only have the seventh and eighth left.

I found a shiny Buizel some time ago. Was EV training my Suicune against some Shellos. I was multitasking, so when I heard a sparkle from my DS, I freaked.

My first shiny Pokemon I've actually been able to catch/keep :3

I caught a shiny Geodude on my Pearl some time ago before I erased that file. :(
The other day I was searching for a Lapras while doing something else, and when I looked back at the screen a Floatzel appeared. I was like "damn, not another – wait, is that thing /shiny/?" I missed the sparkle, so when I caught it I had to double check and see if it really was shiny. It was pretty funny.

Yesterday morning, I caught a shiny Staravia from a chain of 8 while effort-training shiny Froslass.

She's my 21st shiny. :)

((I must be missing three -- my previous post says 18 caught.))

Wow, turns out fate has a way of balancing things out:

Today, I got my first-ever random encounter shiny on the way to school (Graveler)

In school, I chained Beldum. On the way home, after having refreshed for a while, I found a shiny...and killed it with a freaking critical hit. ...yet I never get critical hits when I need them.

Oh, well. The Graveler is my fifth shiny in two days (the other four being Skittys [one now a Delcatty]). So I'm not too irritated.

I even have the chain going still. Bit ironic, though.

In school, I chained Beldum. On the way home, after having refreshed for a while, I found a shiny...and killed it with a freaking critical hit. ...yet I never get critical hits when I need them.

Don't feel too bad, Beldum has the same catch rate as freakin' Mewtwo so by getting that critical hit you saved yourself a lot of time and Pokedollars.

OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDD

Aheh, not really. I may use my AR to get whatever shiny I want but i have amassed legit shinies over the years. Last I counted my collection stood at five.

Four, counting Red Gyarados.

Rattata, caught in Silver.

Tentacruel, to lazy to look at stats, caught on my first play-through of FireRed.

Zubat, Adamant nature, caught four days ago when re-playing FireRed.

Then I saw a Shiny Croagunk in the Great Marsh, hit it with four muds and wasted twelve Safari Balls on it. Missed it.

EDIT: Make it five, I forgot about my Pikachu Colored Pichu.

Last edited:
I've had three. The Red Gyarados, the Pikachu-colored-Pichu, and a random Rhyhorn that I found in Platinum, which quickly evolved into Rhyperior.

I have 2, 3 if you count the event Pichu. The first is a Roselia(now a Roserade) I caught in the trophy garden, the second is a Staravia(now an EV trained Staraptor) I caught wile looking for a Radar-only Pokemon. I also saw a shiny Wooper in the Great Marsh, but of course it ran on the first turn.

I was lucky enough to see 5 in my old LeafGrean game, but I only caught 2 and wound up deleting the save file.

3, inlcuding the Pikachu-coloured-Pichu. The others, a Rattata (now Raticate), who was my first shiny. I found it on my FireRed as I was walking from Pallet to Viridian after smashing the E4. The other is an Unown-P I found while searching for all the Unown types in Pearl. *Ding sparkle sparkle*

I have two shiny pokemon....Weepinbell and Zubat. And my shiny Zubat shall NEVER evolve...Because shiny crobat is pink, and the person it's named after is not a pink sort of person...anyway...SHINY ZUBAT LOOKS LIKE ASPARAGUS! ^^

Leesee here... Shiny Tyranitar, which is friggin' sweet, shiny Zubat in Pokemon Pinball R/S, the Red Gyarados in SoulSilver (Japanese) and Crystal (English), and two event Pichu. So that's 2 random, 2 in-game, and 2 event. Still chaining for Kirlia...

Back
Top Bottom