• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I Have a Problem!

Harlequin

Okay, so! This Saturday (26/11/11) I have to attend a Pokémon-themed fancy dress party. This is problematic for me because I don't have a costume!!!! SO THIS IS YOUR TASK: give me ideas for a relatively cheap and easy to put together costume? plz?

:D

Machop+ are out of bounds, so is vulpix. ANYTHING ELSE GOES

I am considering going as ursaring because my friend has a monkey onesie which I may be able to borrow, so.

Jigglypuff? Go inside a large rubber ball, paint it pink and everything else that a jigglypuff has.

Hmm, Squirtle! Get a large shell, and paint your head, arms, and legs blue.

Gardevoir! Dye your hair green, get a long, flowy white dress.

I like the Gardevoir idea.

If you can't get anything else, go commercial and dress up as a Pikachu.

I'm probably going to go with arcanine! I can buy a tiger onesie and some other stuff! BUT keep the suggestions coming

Shuppet! Get an old sheet, cut some eyeholes into it, paint it black. Then, put a funnel or something on your head to make a horn, then throw the sheet over yourself.

Or if you want something from the original 151 (which I assume you might, since this seems like the sort of party that normal people who never played Pokemon past RBY go to) then just do the same thing as with Shuppet, but replace black paint with brown paint, cut a hole for your nose as well as your eyes, and try and find a red nose. Instant Diglett.
edit: oh, and wear sunglasses under your brown sheet to make it look like Diglett's beady little black eyes.

The fact that someone is holding a Pokémon-themed party makes the world a better place

I demand pictures

as for costume ideas, i say charmander. get some orange and yellow fabrics and there you go

I'm going to two Pokémon themed parties next week! I like the diglett idea, actually! I probably won't use it but it's great to have in the future if I get bored of arcanine. :D

Last edited:
One is with the anime society. It's a joint social with the Japanese society, apparently. I'm not a member of either society because I don't really like anime and I'm not a particular fan of Japan or Japanese culture. I'm only going to that one because my friend is the vice president of the society and since I have to buy a costume for the party on Saturday anyway I figured I'd go to both parties!

One is a birthday party organised by some friends, though. :P

(ps cardiff is p cool)

I went to Sainsbury's dressed like it, too! But it's okay because where I live is full of students so this sort of thing is perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom