• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that' would be a very good idea.

When people make RPs, things they don't think of is how much will people be interested, and how long will it last. You have to remember they you don't only want 3-10 pages of RP before it dies.

So let's take your Kirby idea for an example. First off, Kirby doesn't take, and there's only one, but we can always change that. After all, it IS an RP... but where would we go after that. So silly, typical adventure that Kirby and co. would go through, but in the long-run, it will get boring after awhile. And will many people join it?

Another problem is starting when people start RPs about anime, books, or videogames that they absolutely love. But that's not the problem. When you want to start something that doesn't have much substance, like Kirby or Super Smash Bros. (unlike Pokemon and Fire Emblem), you have to build on it. Make something "new" and creative, not just the same old same old.

I have a couple ideas myself, but I'm not too sure how to start them... D=

I resent that.

I mean we play as ourselves, except we would have a plot to follow. Say for example... Butterfree gets kidnapped and we all set out to save her or something like that.

...Plotline...

The year is 2012... All is peaceful in the cave of dragonflys (sp?) however... Not all is well... There are some out there who desire the end of tcod... They have a plan... They have taken control of three of the mods... And butterfree is nowhere to be found... A group of Tcod members have set out to rescue her... But will they succede?

Good plot line?

Also I would need a couple of assistant DMs b/c I won't be here all the time. And once I have those other DMs I will make a sign up thread.

Are you saying you're a bad influence? D= *slowly scoots away*

It sounds alright, but I don't know what sort of special skills I bring to the party.

Oh, don't mind him! He's a horrid influence and extremely evil, but mostly harmless. And he hasn't stabbed anyone since November! :D
I could be myself and E! Muahaha only RandomTyphoon will get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom