• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Instruments

Hey, I think saxophones are pretty cool. I don't know anyone in person who plays any saxophones, though.

I play the piano, the cello, and the erhu. Last one is a Chinese instrument with two strings. Here's what it looks like!
Erhu.png

I also can play the xylophone pretty well. How wonderful.

My brother plays the sax! He stopped taking lessons so he could learn other instruments instead but he learned sax for several years so he's pretty good. :D I find it to be one of the awesomest instruments ever, yes. (I might have influenced him into playing it... maybe.)

This is why nobody likes sax players

Your statement is lacking in verisimilitude,
To the point where it looks malicious and rude.
Could you offer a citation, my good man?
Offer just one example of saxes shunned in band?
Because in my experiences, saxes were all right
And all of the saxophonists were quite well liked.

Vocalization is absolutely wonderful to practice, though my ear-bleeding recitations may be a tad extensively horrid.

Physical instruments, you say? I suppose I may be grouped in with the creations of Adolphe Sax whom are currently driven into a small corner. I am predicting many pianists and drum players to in fact be the two musicians in the completely forgotten Accumula Town.

Last edited:
Your statement is lacking in verisimilitude,
To the point where it looks malicious and rude.
Could you offer a citation, my good man?
Offer just one example of saxes shunned in band?
Because in my experiences, saxes were all right
And all of the saxophonists were quite well liked.

Hey you know I can read a thesaurus too in order to make myself look astute.

See? I just did it!

On that note I present you:

dKWOF.jpg

Negrek infracted this post for rudeness.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Except when the "joke" isn't funny.

If something is a joke you put lol or just joking on the post. Or something that doesn't make it sound like direct flaming.

Anywho, Saxes are awesome. Back in high school we had this teacher who was a really famous player apparently.

Last edited:
: )

Negrek infracted this post as spam.

fakedit: you guys are a bunch of Obama loving communists, lol.

Last edited:
Hey you know I can read a thesaurus too in order to make myself look astute.

See? I just did it!

On that note I present you:

[snip]

You've just made yourself seem exponentially more troll-like.

Anyway, I'm a multipercussionist. I can play drums (including drum set, and I'm...somewhat good at it), mallets, and most other auxiliary percussion. I really want to learn how to play piano too, and probably some other stuff eventually.

Teehee, I am going to be buying a new guitar soon. So excited. I was thinking Les Paul... is that too, er, unoriginal?

Anyway, I'm a multipercussionist. I can play drums (including drum set, and I'm...somewhat good at it), mallets, and most other auxiliary percussion. I really want to learn how to play piano too, and probably some other stuff eventually.
So... you're a percussionist :v Percussionists never restrict themselves to a single thing.

I'm graduating from my first piano book. The music school I go to uses the Suzuki method, which makes you practice along with a CD. You don't graduate from the first book until you're in the second book.

I played the piano for about four years when I was much younger. I stopped taking lessons before coming to Middle School as I thought the piano plus band instrument would be too much. I'm still able to teach myself a few tunes if I practice enough in my free time. I play the alto sax in the school band, but I really should practice more. I usually don't because I find the music much to easy, but the pace is picking up a bit. After I discovered that I could play two instruments I took up the classical guitar, which I've played for about a year and a half now. I find it much more enjoyable than piano and much more educational than learning something like the electric guitar.

Go to a big guitar store, try out the sound of the Les Paul, and compare it with, say a Stratocaster.

Personally I own an Ibanez guitar.

^ Never was sure on Fenders.

Right now I've got a Schecter Diamond Series, a Washburn Lyon Idol, some piece of crap First Act that was my first guitar, and a Washburn Lyon Acoustic. I'm debating on another acoustic. Guitar Center is having some big sale soon I hear so I might check that out.

That or I was thinking a Schecter Omen 6, or Hellraiser. I like the Schecter.

Back
Top Bottom