• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is Cannibalism That Wrong?

Yeah. I mean. You could do worse. I'm not one of these people, I'm too damn conscientious.

And I don't care what "philia" people call it. If you're a cannibal, fine, just not in my backyard. I'm trying to be pragmatic here.

Necrophilia is fucking the corpses, not eating them.

This thread needs go be creepier.

You wouldn't eat it if you were starving but you would eat it not to be rude?

Oh, that was a typo. I would eat it if I were starving. The original post said excluding extreme circumstances, though, so that wouldn't count.

...Well, it might not be that bad...I mean, people eat other animals, right? But on the other hand, I don't think the dead person would like me eating them. Besides, we're on the top of the food chain, so we should be eating other animals, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong (or if it was already mentioned in the thread) but wasn't there some tribe that existed at some time where it was actually an honor to be eaten by your fellow tribe-members after your death?

And who says we're at the top of the food chain? You don't think other animals would eat us if they had the chance?

^Yes, but we have the guns. >:D

Though, if it was one on one, we would get owned by many animals. Only our intelligence/inventions saved us.

And this is why we don't need to eat each other. We have worked out ways around it.

if you're in a plane crash on the side of a glacier 250 miles from land in any direction and all that you see is ice you're going to need something other than water for sustenance.

assuming someone's already dead, it would be the only instance i'd even /consider/ it, and that's after i scour any remains of food, eat everything leather i can find, and nearly starve myself anyway.

let's hope it never comes to that, k?
it's not the most moral of ideals, eating fellow humans, but in life or death circumstances and you're the last one not dead, it's something i'm sure you'd be forgiven for doing.

"oh my god i'm so glad you're safe, but where's mike?"
"in my small intestine."
"oh..."

I guess the answer depends on how good people taste.

Myself, I'm shy of new foods. I don't think I could ever bring myself to try human, any more than I could to try mushroom (I have never eaten a mushroom in my life)

Number 100, you have not lived until you have eaten a mushroom. They are so yummy. Also the best pizza topping ever.

If an individual became stranded on a desert island and a tiger attacked the individual, the individual would probably die. Basically that the average human uses tools without really understanding how they work and would be unable to recreate most of our technology if left to only his own devices in the wilderness. Whereas a tiger... has teeth and claws, as you say.

In conclusion, I guess my point was exactly what I said. It's a rather good thing we have tools otherwise we'd be devoured by wild animals.

What is a tiger doing on a desert island?

Edit: To clarify; yes, our minds are like a tiger's fangs in that they help us become the dominant species in our habitat. How is this relevant?

Back
Top Bottom