• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is my White team ok?

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
Samurott
Level 73/Bashful/Torrent

Ice beam, Hidden power(fighting),scald, and dig.

Eelektross
Level 43/Hasty/Levitate

Dragon Claw, Thuderwave, Spark, Dragon Tail

Chandelure
Lever 51/bashful/Flame body

Shadow Ball, Overheat, Inferno, Solarbeam

Rapidash
Level 49/ Impish/ Flash Fire

Fury Attack, Fire Blast, Bounce, Flare Blitz

Metagross
Level 56/ Serious/ Clear Body

Rock Polish, Earthquake, Meteor Mash, ZenHead Butt

What do you think about this team? it's still in training.

Last edited:
Most of your Pokemon have movesets consisted of mainly one type. This can be a huge problem, especially for your Chandelure. Example: Your Chandelure vs. a Flash Fire Chandelure. You can't do any damage, or any stat reductions. I think you should trade Will-o-wisp for Shadow Ball, or at least Hex, and trade Overheat for Flamethrower. Special Attack is the only thing the species has for it, and it doesn't need to be lowered by the only move with a fair chance of hitting its opponent.
Your Eelectross: Useless against a Golurk.
Your Basculin: Useless against any Ghost.
Your Samarott: I /think/ Jellicent can have Water Absorb, in which case also useless.

In short: Your Pokemon need more of a variety in types for their movesets.

Like I said, it's still in training.

What about Rapidash and Metagross

Hyperbeam, hydro cannon, and hms other than surf and waterfall tend to be a pretty good sign it's not competitive.

What exactly is your metagross doing with hyperbeam and iron defense?

I don't know. I never got around to replacing those moves, seeing metagross does't need them.

I used a Basculin once. NEVER AGAIN. I hate the stupid thing. Anyway, you don't need two Water types. And the movesets are kinda just plain old awful. Surf, Dive, and Hydro Cannon? That's what HM slaves are for. Standard Samurott, for me at least, goes like this:

Surf
Grass Knot
Revenge
Ice Beam/Scald

I'm using an Eelektross right now, and let me tell you, Charge Beam and Spark will get you nowhere. And I have no idea why you still have Tackle. Standard in-game Eelektross, from my school's general consensus, is:

Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Acrobatics
Crunch

You also have two Fire types, which isn't the best idea. I haven't used Rapidash since the Physical/Special split, so I don't know how good it is, but Chandelure will do you wonders, if you use it right--which you aren't. You have all of two damaging moves: Inferno, which will hit literally only half of the time, and Overheat, which will harshly lower your special attack when you use it, and which is also inaccurate. Why? Flash is also useless. My old Chandelure looked like this:

Flame Burst (replace with Flamethrower)
Hex (not usually seen I guess, but it has great synergy with Will-O-Wisp; otherwise, Psychic)
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball

Rapidash has two Fire moves, a Physical and a Special. This is good, if Rapidash has balanced offensive stats. I dunno if it does, but I think its Attack is significantly higher, so get rid of Fire Blast and I'd say Move-Relearn Megahorn. I dunno what else you could use, Nitro Charge I guess or Agility, both raise Speed.

Metagross is the best out of all of them. I don't like Iron Defense, I prefer Earthquake. And Hyper Beam could be replaced with something else Physical.

I'd scrap Basculin and Rapidash, if I were you. Your team is in need of a Dark killer, so I'd add a Sawk or a Mienshao. Scrafty works too. I've used all of those and I find them very applicable in just about any team. Fighting might give you trouble, and if they're packing Rock/Ground moves Chandelure's in trouble. I recommend Archeops or Sigilyph. Right now Beheeyem is working nicely. You're also missing a flier, but Archeops/Sigilyph will cover you there. Other things that would help your team are Scolipede, Vanilluxe, Tyranitar, etc. But yeah, clean up them movesets.

That's why i'mtraining them. and i started my journey with my starter being the one to use the HMs. not very smart though.

and yeah, i do need a fighting type. i do have a throh.

I dance around with my Scrafty.
Why?
Because he has Dragon Dance, that's why.

Prolly the best thing for him is D-Dance, simply because his speed and attack are about mediocre. Mine also ha Fire Punch, but that waan added benefit. Funny thing, he was only bred and raised to produce a PHYSICAL Charizard. Try them shorts on for size.

No but seriously your Samurott needs to visit Mistralton, move delter will be his freind.
Basculin, I dunno never used one, seems like a poor excuse for a Sharpedo if you ask me. Replace with Haxorus, rampage, wash, rinse, repeat.
Rapid- no. No no no no. Rapidash needs replacement. Scrafty, NAOW!
Hmm, Eelectross...I'd like those things better if there were, fast, I dunno, take previuosly suggested movset, drop T-Bolt, add Wild Charge, and figure wether you like Coil of T-Wave better...
Chandelure are wonderful, surprisingly resiliant, Flash Fire is fun, and you know. F-Thrower/S-Ball/E-Ball/Filler is what I use, work with it if you like...
Metagross? EQ+MM+ZH+Filler, nuff for me.

Hope this helps...

For the record: @Rapidash

Unless it's gone through one hell of a major overhaul between generations, I'd advise not using it.

that's why i wanted it to be looked at.

I got rid of all of samurott's moves, and now i have Ice beam, Hidden power(fighting),scald, and dig.

Metagross got iron defense and hyper beam off and got rock polish (it's got fucking low speed.) and earth quake

Chandelure has gotten rid of overheat and will o wisp and got solarbeam and shadow ball.

Rapidash, still working on it. Probably will get rid of it

Eelektross got rid of tackle and chargebeam, got dragon tail and dragon claw

I'm still debating wheather to use mienshou, conkledurr, sawk, or throh.

Out of all of them, I have only used Mienshao and Sawk. Mienshao's movepool is more flexible, and it has Regenerator, which will save your ass more times than you can count. Sawk has Sturdy and Counter, which are 'mazing moves and have amazing synergy when fighting things such as Flying-Types and Metagross/other Physical Psychic-Types. It's up to you; Mienfoo doesn't evolve until Level 50, but I recommend it over Sawk.

i'll probably choose mienshao *it'ss still mienfoo, but like level 48 or something*

Should i add a bug type and replace rapidash?

1)Bug is useless, unless you can get a dual-type. Volcarona or something more versatile—accelgor, maybe? I'm not /that/ good with 5th gen competitive yet.

2) Chandelure: Solarbeam? Nuh uh, bad idea, especially with the charging turn. Go Energy Ball instead—it's more efficient and can do more damage consistently. And just makin' sure that you do indeed have Flamethrower on that.

I think you should update the first post/make a new post reflecting the changes to your team.
It'll be easier for people to give you advice that way.

i have a volcarona. never use it though. I haven't checked smogon recently, so i dont know if volcarona is uber or not.

But if anyone wants to trade a shelmet for a karrablast (which will evolve both) then i'd get an accelgor.

Back
Top Bottom