• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kai vs. Zephyrous Castform

Comatoad

Pronoun
they
I've personally challenged Zephyrous Castform to a battle.

Single battle, 2 VS 2.
Style: Standard.
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather moves,
Arena: Angel's Graveyard: Central room. [1, 2, 3, 4]

The Angel's Graveyard. A Deserted Laboratory hidden beneath a frozen wasteland. Previous experiments were held here to create angels around 400 years ago. Some of the experiments still remain, frozen in an icy prison. The building is being investigated for any surviving experiments to use as weapons, and The central room is where the battle is taking place. Sharem’s army of adopted [Top Left] are waiting from above, guns at the ready. Because they are young, a misfire could spark off a series of fire resulting in casualty. Also, Calvaria’s mechanised units [Bottom Right] are waiting in the wings if any problems occur. As a last resort, YS may unleash the angel ‘Mother May’ [Top Right]. Any loud noise, shockwaves or explosions may cause the complex to collapse.

Okay, for the misfires we'll say there is a 10% chance that it'll happen once a round each action having a 33% chance of it being when the misfire takes place. A bullet to a Pokemon could be...3% typeless damage.

Problems....I guess problems would involve attacks damaging the terrain This'll be 5% typeless damage. Last resort meaning the units do not work I assume so...if a unit is taken down then Mother May wil attack the person last to attack with 10% typeless damage. There'll be 3 units since they are...BIG.

Assuming the complex collapses, the stats of the Pokemon before the terrain was destroyed will determine the winner. To add on to the collapse, it deducts 1/4 of the Pokemons remaining Health.

Here are my demands!
->Kai sends out first
->Zephyrous sends out and attacks
->Kai attacks
->I reff

Follow this and Round 1 will arrive ASAP. Please make your commands as clear and elligible as possible so there are no misunderstandings and...have fun. ^^

Mmmkay, I think I'll begin with Zap.

Zap-Shinx (M)-Intimidate

Alright, we'll start off nice and simple. First off, use Spark. If that paralyses Lunos, then move on to a Charge; if not, use Bite. Then, regardless of what you just used, use Discharge.

Spark -> Charge/Bite -> Discharge

OK then, here goes.

Use Dig to try and avoid Zap's Spark attack. On the third turn, If Dig hit, then create three copies with Double Team. If not, use Bite.

Dig ~ Double Team/Bite.

oo
Kai: Lunos [M]
Eevee
Ability: Adaptability
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: Calm
Dig~Double Team/Bite

oo
Zephyrous Castform: Zap [M]
Shinx
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: Curious
Spark~Charge/Bite~Discharge

Round 1

A boy to my left swung his arm as a sphere revolved and tossed out a fox. It's ears stood upright and had a perked out chest though he seemed calm. From my right cam a frantic feline that seemed to question everything around him almost in a panic. How amusing I must say. This is the second time I've had the opportunity to reff a match with the first round kicked off with an Eevee and a Shinx. Odd no? Well-this is quite some terrain. Bullet proof gear seems mandatory so....*passes Kai and Castform a vest*....I came prepared! There are bots surveying the arena and soldiers rather shaky with their weapons. I say-I hope no Pokemon takes one to the head. Well-let the first round of doom-BEGIN!

Zap the Shinx is beginning for this round. He wriggled about excitedly as sparks consumed his body and he broke into a sprint ready to tackle Lunos. Lunos drew his ears back and then pawed continously at the ground to make a hole. The hard floor gave way just in time to avoid the attack and Lunos scrambled beneath the concrete layered dirt. Zap had thrusted his body outwards clear over the hole. He stumbled and skidded to a stop before he smacked the curved wall and about faced to try and locate his opponent. A soldier flinched assuming there'd be an impact and pulled the trigger. Zap howled in agony as it skimmed his ear and jetted to the other side feeling unpleasantly targeted by too many things. The mechanised units took action seeing the terrain was being drilled into and one by one, they filed into the arena trying to find where the trouble maker would spring up. A unit peered down into the hole till he fell in face first stuck in an arched position while the other two stayed on guard.

Zap growled baring his teeth with nothing to latch onto and began to put distance between himself and the units, his tail between his legs. Lunos unaware of what trouble he was in, snickered and sprung up and out upon the Shinx who staggered and screeched in surprise at the sudden attack upon him. The units reared about facing the Eevee who was standing over the cowering Shinx and aimed fire at him. Lunos lowered his head and turned away scampering tot he defenses of his master after a sharp bolt to the behind.

The units withdrew back into the hall leaving the third stuck in the hole. Zap pawed at his side where he was struck by Lunos and swayed till he stood still observing the field. Lunos was in plain sight standing between the legs of his master more afraid of the units than anything else and Lunos hissed challengingly. With a light shove of Kai's foot, Lunos was out on the field again and began to run about quickly. Zap's jaw dropped at the multiple Lunus circling him and he grew dizzy just trying to keep up with them. With Discharge as his last command, Zap made it his business to eliminate them all. He scrunched up his body gathering a sharp stream of blue electricity and then stretched out as a flare was released raking them all like malevolent hands of shiny doom. The three clones dispersed while Lunos cried in pain shrinking to the ground overwhelmed with his power but not quite paralyzed.

oo
Eevee
Health: 82%
Energy: 89%
Mood: Frightened

oo
Shinx
Health: 83%
Energy: 92%
Mood: Panicy

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Zap used Spark
-Lunos used Dig: Avoided Spark, damaged terrain
-Soldier attacked: 5% to Zap
-Zap used Bite: no target
-Lunos attacked: 8%->-1 due to reverse STAB, -1 due to Intimidate, x2 due to weakness
-Lunos gets an extra energy docked due to his ability
-Units attacked: 10% to Lunos
-Lunos made 3 clones
-Zap destroyed them all with Discharge: 8%->-1 due to evolu. modifier, +1 due to STAB
-Lunos rolled 31: Escaped Paralysis
-Kai attacks first
-Zephyrous Castform attacks second
-I reff

Hm... Didn't go as well as I had planned. Still, onto the next round, I suppose.

OK, lets begin this round with Swagger. Then, if Swagger works, use Tail Whip. If not, try using Sand Attack. Finally, use Quick Attack if Swagger worked on the first action. If not, use Take Down for some damage.

Swagger ~ Tail Whip/Sand Attack ~ Quick Attack/Take Down

Okay, we're currently winning, but don't let that get to your head... First of all, try t avoid that Swagger with a Double Team. If it worked on you, then Rest; if it didn't work then use Ice Fang. Finally, use Thunder Wave to try to stop Lunos in his tracks.

Double Team -> Rest/Ice Fang -> Thunder Wave

oo
Eevee
Health: 82%
Mood: Frightened
Swagger~Tail Whip/Sand Attack~Quick Attack/Take Down

oo
Shinx
Health: 83%
Energy: 92%
Mood: Panicy
Double Team~Rest/Ice Fang~Thunder Wave

Round 2

The match is so far even. It's anyones match still so don't let your hopes down! The bots have given and taken some damage while the Pokemon are just barely feeling the heat of battle. They both seem uneasy aboutthe arena and appear to have their tails quite low due to the intimidation factor of these armed people. Well there's a bot still in the floor so don't come across him or you're doomed to feel another bullet. Ahem, without further ado gentlemen-let round 2 begin!

Lunos is kicking into gear first this round and starts us off with a Swagger. The fox neared the lynx hastily avoiding the eyes of the spectators. At his speed he advanced upon Zap before the clones could be produced. The taunting gesture made Zaps knees buckle as he went into a daze. His head hung limply as he tried to register his commands but failed to do so.

Lunos smirked and wagged his tail a bit triumphant and excited. Upon his masters call, he swung his tail whipping it at Zap's feet. Zap hissed rather annoyed by this swagger and listened with one ear high and the other closed. The word Rest slipped into hearing and he began to settle till a bullet pinched him dead in the butt. The Shinx yelped and fell forward now uterly annoyed and too flustered to rest. He aimlessly sprang up now quivering infront of the unit stuck in the ground. He felt fear but in his dazzled brain couldn't remember why.

Zap had failed both attacks but had one shot left. Here came Lunos rushing as a brown blurr with a gleaming white trail behind him showing off his superiority in speed. Zap was able to comprehend this time and upon impact-ZAP! The weak flare of electricity strung through the Eevee as the rushed tackle hurtled the Shinx up and over the unit. Lunos skidded to a stop landing on the head of the unit that peered up at him. Lunos' ears went down knowing what he was in for and howled as a sharp blast thrust him off and at-ooh...-my feet. Hey um-tere are new shoes so uh-heehee. Never mind. Well that concludes round 2!

oo
Eevee
Health: 77%
Energy: 82%
Status: -1 to all attacks, Paralyzed (50% chance of failed attack next round)
Mood: Pain in the butt, get it?O_o

oo
Shinx
Health: 71%
Mood: Angry

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Lunos used Swagger: +2 Attack and Speed, Confusion for Zap
-Zap was too slow to react and ws damaged by confusion upon failure
-Lunos used Tail Whip: -1 Defense for Zap
-Zap used Rest: Damaged by confusion and bullet->5%
-Lunos used Quick Attack: 4%->+1 due to STAB
-Zap used Thunderwave: Direct contact made sure paralysis
-Castform attacks first
-Kai attacks second
-I reff

Last edited:
75% paralysis fail is really quite high unless the pokémon has been paralyzed multiple times. 25% or if you must, 50%, is much more appropriate.

Hang on a moment, wasn't I meant to be attacking first, Kai?

Okay, so it seems Zephyrous Castform has been DQed. Time to distribute prizes!

The winner...
Kai: $8
Lunos->1 exp. point

The loser...
Zephyrous Castform: 2 month barring from challenging
Zap->1 exp. point

The Reff of Awesomeness...
$5 ^^

...Damn. Sorry. I didn't see the DQ warning, somehow. Ugh, never mind. It was good while it lasted,

Back
Top Bottom