• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
1vs1 single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Fire moves, 5 chills and direct recovery moves combined
Arena: Doraemon's Submarine

Doraemon's submarine has been stolen borrowed for this battle and modified. The submarine is just big enough to cram three people inside, and can teleport to any kind of water, from a kettle to a fish tank. Its modifications allow it to teleport all nearby Pokémon as well. It is controlled by selecting a direction to travel, then the submarine will teleport to the nearest water in that direction. The submarine's size changes to be proportionate to the amount of water, and the size of the Pokémon changes to be proportionate to the size of the submarine.

We start out in a large swimming pool (with a deep end) 80°F and 27°C with Sunny Day active in a normal town. The submarine is controlled by the referee, and will teleport every three turns unless there is an immediate danger.

Notes: Only Pokémon that can swim may battle.
When the water is hot or cold, the battlers take 0-3% damage every turn depending on how hot or cold the water is and how resistant they are to heat/cold.
If the water is murky, -1 Accuracy.

1vs1 single
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Fire moves, 5 chills and direct recovery moves combined
Arena: Doraemon's Submarine

Doraemon's submarine has been stolen borrowed for this battle and modified. The submarine is just big enough to cram three people inside, and can teleport to any kind of water, from a kettle to a fish tank. Its modifications allow it to teleport all nearby Pokémon as well. It is controlled by selecting a direction to travel, then the submarine will teleport to the nearest water in that direction. The submarine's size changes to be proportionate to the amount of water, and the size of the Pokémon changes to be proportionate to the size of the submarine.

We start out in a large swimming pool (with a deep end) 80°F and 27°C with Sunny Day active in a normal town. The submarine is controlled by the referee, and will teleport every three turns unless there is an immediate danger.

Notes: Only Pokémon that can swim may battle.
When the water is hot or cold, the battlers take 0-3% damage every turn depending on how hot or cold the water is and how resistant they are to heat/cold.
If the water is murky, -1 Accuracy.

Acceptedzorz

2v2 single battle

dq time 1 week

damage cap 55%

banned moves OHKO's 6 chills

arena:warzone: you are fighting in the middle of two clashing armys every turn there is a 1% chance of a docter healing a pokemon to full health and energy and of all status conditions and a 15% chance of a pokemon inflicting a 10% health

profilelink
Here, I'll take you on. This is my first ASB, by the way, so I'm really excited. And here's my profile.

1vs1 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather-changing moves, Flying-type moves
Arena: Gust Valley

Gust Valley is an old abandoned quarry with a small trickle of water running through the middle. However this is not much, so Water-type moves' power are lowered by 6% after all other calculations. Pokemon that require being in water cannot be used here since there is nothing but the miniscule stream splitting the quarry in half. There are plenty of rocks here, so Rock-type moves take 4% less energy to use because of the large supply that can easily be taken advantage of. Due to the fact that clouds barely ever gather here, Sunny Day is always in effect and the weather cannot be changed. For every turn there is a 10% chance of rocks falling from the top of the quarry, creating a Rock-type rock slide that damages any Pokemon in its way (standard damage is 5% of the Pokemon's max HP). By now you're probably wondering how this place got the name "Gust Valley." It's because that a strong, constant wind is blowing through every part of the quarry, so Flying-type moves can't be used unless the user wants to get its face smashed into the wall of the valley. However, Flying-type Pokemon may be used, but will be carried far with the wind if they try to fly. For some reason, however, jumping Pokemon aren't carried by the wind... maybe because Flying-types are lighter?

Other: ?

My source of confidence, the magical Profile!

2 vs 2 single
DQ time: 14 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned: OHKOs, Direct Healing, Chills limited to 5 per Pokemon
Arena: Mountain

The battle starts out on a large, flat surface on the side of a mountain. Most of the arena is littered with boulders, some small, some large. A few low-growing plants flourish here and there despite the cold and altitude.
Since the mountain side is covered with snow, an avalanche will occur if a Pokemon uses an extremely loud sound attack (Such as Uproar, Snore, or Hyper Voice), an attack that involves violently shaking the ground (Such as Earthquake), or if the snow at the base of the slope is melted.
If an avalanche occurs, all Pokemon suffer 10% of typeless damage and end up at the foot of the mountain. There is a fairly large clearing there, and surrounding the clearing is a dense forest. After an avalanche the rest of the battle will be conducted at the foot of the mountain, and no more avalanches can occur.

The Profile of Doom

Reposting this because my first acceptance seems to have disappeared. O_O

My profile thingy.

1vs1 single

Gust Valley is an old abandoned quarry with a small trickle of water running through the middle. However this is not much, so Water-type moves' power are lowered by 6% after all other calculations. Pokemon that require being in water cannot be used here since there is nothing but the miniscule stream splitting the quarry in half. There are plenty of rocks here, so Rock-type moves take 4% less energy to use because of the large supply that can easily be taken advantage of. Due to the fact that clouds barely ever gather here, Sunny Day is always in effect and the weather cannot be changed. For every turn there is a 10% chance of rocks falling from the top of the quarry, creating a Rock-type rock slide that damages any Pokemon in its way (standard damage is 5% of the Pokemon's max HP). By now you're probably wondering how this place got the name "Gust Valley." It's because that a strong, constant wind is blowing through every part of the quarry, so Flying-type moves can't be used unless the user wants to get its face smashed into the wall of the valley. However, Flying-type Pokemon may be used, but will be carried far with the wind if they try to fly. For some reason, however, jumping Pokemon aren't carried by the wind... maybe because Flying-types are lighter?

I'll challenge you with my awesome Pokemon from my awesome profile.

2 vs 2 Single
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO, Weather-changing moves, moves requiring the usage of voice (Hyper Voice, Snore, Uproar, Roar, etc)
Arena: Silent Grove

A strangely pure river serenely flows through a small grouping of trees, each reaching a height over twenty feet. There are no fallen leaves to be found upon the ground - it is in the middle of a calm spring, with the sun shining with close to no cloud cover. Strangely, despite the efforts of any Pokemon, the weather refuses to change. The grass is a full and lustrous green, soft and slightly wet to the touch due to the river's course. In the very middle of the trees stands a small stone with some message engraved in a forgotten language. Perhaps the strangest thing about this locale is the fact that once you enter it, you find yourself unable to speak or make any sound with your voice. The strange solemnity of the stone forbids you to disturb the air surrounding you. Besides these abnormalities, the Silent Grove is a normal battleground.

Profile.

2 vs 2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKO, Weather-changing moves, moves requiring the usage of voice (Hyper Voice, Snore, Uproar, Roar, etc)
Arena: Silent Grove

A strangely pure river serenely flows through a small grouping of trees, each reaching a height over twenty feet. There are no fallen leaves to be found upon the ground - it is in the middle of a calm spring, with the sun shining with close to no cloud cover. Strangely, despite the efforts of any Pokemon, the weather refuses to change. The grass is a full and lustrous green, soft and slightly wet to the touch due to the river's course. In the very middle of the trees stands a small stone with some message engraved in a forgotten language. Perhaps the strangest thing about this locale is the fact that once you enter it, you find yourself unable to speak or make any sound with your voice. The strange solemnity of the stone forbids you to disturb the air surrounding you. Besides these abnormalities, the Silent Grove is a normal battleground.

Profile.

*Takes*

Bit bored of other people taking battles so I shall create one myself!

3 vs 3 (Single)
DQ: 3 days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, fire type moves, weather changing moves.
Banned Pokemon: Any Pokemon that has a visible flame on its body.
Arena: Tree of Awesomeness
Descrpition: In the middle of a stupidly large field lies an awesome tree that is thick with leaves and wood and tree stuff. There is a large opening inside the tree where a battle can take place, it is approx. 15m x 10m with slopes at the edges that turn straight after 50cm. There is a roof of foliage approx. 20m above the ground that even the strongest of moves cannot break through. If any moves hit the edges of the arena, a flock of Beedrill will ivade the field causing 2% damge per round and make one action (random) impossible to do as a Beedrill gets in the way, they will stay on the arena for three rounds. Fire moves are banned as the tree will burn down even if a Charmander or a similar Pokemon is used. Also, watch out for Budew's that'll run across the arena. If they are hit, they'll do 5% damage to your Pokemon. Coincidently, there is a 5% chance that a Budew will appear.

Bit bored of other people taking battles so I shall create one myself!

3 vs 3 (Single)
DQ: 3 days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, fire type moves, weather changing moves.
Banned Pokemon: Any Pokemon that has a visible flame on its body.
Arena: Tree of Awesomeness
Descrpition: In the middle of a stupidly large field lies an awesome tree that is thick with leaves and wood and tree stuff. There is a large opening inside the tree where a battle can take place, it is approx. 15m x 10m with slopes at the edges that turn straight after 50cm. There is a roof of foliage approx. 20m above the ground that even the strongest of moves cannot break through. If any moves hit the edges of the arena, a flock of Beedrill will ivade the field causing 2% damge per round and make one action (random) impossible to do as a Beedrill gets in the way, they will stay on the arena for three rounds. Fire moves are banned as the tree will burn down even if a Charmander or a similar Pokemon is used. Also, watch out for Budew's that'll run across the arena. If they are hit, they'll do 5% damage to your Pokemon. Coincidently, there is a 5% chance that a Budew will appear.

Accepting challenge.

ASB Profile

3 vs 3 pokemon, single format
Set style
DQ: 10 days
DC: 25%
Banned: Second and third stage pokemon (pokemon evolved from babies is fine, like pikachu) and OHKO moves. Direct recovery can be used once only per pokemon.
Arena: Oil rig

Out at sea the oil rig stands dangerously high over the water. Falling in could cause serious injury. The structure is metallic, painted a pleasing white to avoid rust. There are indoor areas and bizarre pipes and structures, some of which if ruptured could seriously endanger both the pokemon combattants and their trainers (and the reff!). Occasionally a spray can be felt from the ocean wind, which could be problematic for ground, rock and fire pokemon. Overall the weather is favourable, slight wind and sunshine.

I ALMOST forgot to add my profile.

Last edited:
1vs1 single

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/show...8&postcount=42

The link means, I'll take it!

I've personally challenged Zephyrous Castform to a battle.

Single battle, 2 VS 2.
Style: Standard.
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather moves,
Arena: Angel's Graveyard: Central room. [1, 2, 3, 4]

The Angel's Graveyard. A Deserted Laboratory hidden beneath a frozen wasteland. Previous experiments were held here to create angels around 400 years ago. Some of the experiments still remain, frozen in an icy prison. The building is being investigated for any surviving experiments to use as weapons, and The central room is where the battle is taking place. Sharem’s army of adopted [Top Left] are waiting from above, guns at the ready. Because they are young, a misfire could spark off a series of fire resulting in casualty. Also, Calvaria’s mechanised units [Bottom Right] are waiting in the wings if any problems occur. As a last resort, YS may unleash the angel ‘Mother May’ [Top Right]. Any loud noise, shockwaves or explosions may cause the complex to collapse.

I've personally challenged Zephyrous Castform to a battle.

Single battle, 2 VS 2.
Style: Standard.
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather moves,
Arena: Angel's Graveyard: Central room. [1, 2, 3, 4]

The Angel's Graveyard. A Deserted Laboratory hidden beneath a frozen wasteland. Previous experiments were held here to create angels around 400 years ago. Some of the experiments still remain, frozen in an icy prison. The building is being investigated for any surviving experiments to use as weapons, and The central room is where the battle is taking place. Sharem’s army of adopted [Top Left] are waiting from above, guns at the ready. Because they are young, a misfire could spark off a series of fire resulting in casualty. Also, Calvaria’s mechanised units [Bottom Right] are waiting in the wings if any problems occur. As a last resort, YS may unleash the angel ‘Mother May’ [Top Right]. Any loud noise, shockwaves or explosions may cause the complex to collapse.

Yeah, I accept and all that jazz.

Profile.

2vs2 double
Style: Standard
DQ: 6 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: Water-type moves
Arena: Inside a TV screen with a Wii turned on
Other: OHKO's have accuracy reduced to 10%

Basically, they're on TV... with a Wii turned on.

Arena effects:

Gamer places Brawl into the disk slot and Peach heals a Pokemon's health and energy by 10% (10% chance) (Dark- and Ghost-types are ineligible for this)

Gamer places Brawl into the disk slot and Sonic attacks a Pokemon, causing them to lose 15% health (15% chance) (Pokemon whose base Speed is 100 or higher are immune to this)

Gamer places Pokemon Battle Revolution into the disk slot and a Trainer's Blissey heals a Pokemon's health by 25% (5% chance)

Gamer places Guitar Hero III into the disk slot and Lou shoots fire at the Pokemon at 6% base damage, more if the Pokemon is weak to Fire and less if it's resistant (Fire- and Dark-types are immune to this) (10% chance)

If one of these four effects occurs, none of the other three will occur.

If an effect occurs, the disk will subsequently be taken out until the end of the next round where the RNG chooses that a random effect should happen.

Water-type moves are banned for they may cause a short-circuit.

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41 is my profile.

Last edited:
2vs2 Single
Style: Set
Banned/Restricted: OHKO's, Attract, Self-healing moves (like recover), 1st Stage Pokemon only (Pokemon that evolve from Babies, like Pikachu and Clefairy are fine)

6. Arena Description: Evergreen Park

An average-sized, modest park dotted with large evergreen trees. Scattered about is play equipment, such as slides, swings, monkey bars, jungle gyms, and even a merry-go-round (Not the one with horses, the kind where kids sit inside it and someone spins it around) in the center. These are all new and won't break easily, and could even be used to one's advantage. There is also a small duck pond with a tiny island in the middle. The wind is gentle and the skies sunny, but each turn, there's a 5% chance that a storm could blow in and put the stage into the Rain effect for five turns. (Yes, it's a rather plain stage but whatev.)

Mein profile.

2vs2 Single
Banned/Restricted: OHKO's, Attract, Self-healing moves (like recover), 1st Stage Pokemon only (Pokemon that evolve from Babies, like Pikachu and Clefairy are fine)

6. Arena Description: Evergreen Park

An average-sized, modest park dotted with large evergreen trees. Scattered about is play equipment, such as slides, swings, monkey bars, jungle gyms, and even a merry-go-round (Not the one with horses, the kind where kids sit inside it and someone spins it around) in the center. These are all new and won't break easily, and could even be used to one's advantage. There is also a small duck pond with a tiny island in the middle. The wind is gentle and the skies sunny, but each turn, there's a 5% chance that a storm could blow in and put the stage into the Rain effect for five turns. (Yes, it's a rather plain stage but whatev.)

Mein profile.

Been a long time since I had a fresh challenge, so accepted.

1vs1 Single
Banned/Restricted: OHKO's, instant recovery moves(Recover etc aren't allowed but non instant ones like Wish are allowed)

Arena Description: Evolution Forest(this IS PMD1's Friend Area but I'll do some describing as not everyone plays PMD)

A reasonable sized forest which has a large glowing stone in the middle. The stone glows all the colours of the types Eevee evolves into and it can change the weather depending on what it glows.

Red: Sunny
Blue: Rain
Light Blue: Snow
Yellow: Nothing
Purple: Nothing
Black: Nothing
Green: Nothing

And nothing happens if the stone glows something else. The stone glows one colour for each round of battling and it's effect lasts that long.

There are many trees everywhere around the forest clearing(apart from the entrance almost blocking the way out unless by flying or the entrance.

It's reasonably light as the tree's branches aren't very many or thick. The clearing is quite big, so there is no harm bringing Snorlax etc. Water Pokemon aren't recommended unless they con walk on land.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom