• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kanto Mafia [INNOCENT WIN]

Not Meowth

Cat, are you drilling?
The sun sets over Kanto.

48 hours for night actions.

----

Notes:

• no out-of-thread communication unless you are Misty, Misty's lover, or part of Team Rocket.
  • quoting/screenshotting communication from the GM is not allowed.
  • abstaining is permitted.
  • all night actions are voluntary. The exception will be Misty's if she hasn't chosen a lover by the start of the first day.
  • I plan on actually trying flavour text this game, and it will more likely than not be significant.
  • Agatha, Blaine and Sabrina will get their answers when the day phase begins.

Last edited:
Re: Kanto Mafia [D-1]

The sun rises over Kanto.

As the first day dawns, the trainers congregate in the centre of Saffron City, ready to begin sorting out what's to be done about this whole crime-syndicate-killing-everybody thing. Everybody seems rather grumpy, as it seems barely any of them got any sleep. blazheirio889 complains repeatedly to anyone who will listen about how stiff her muscles are this morning, and InvaderSyl feels strangely light-headed. I Liek Squirtles seems to be in the worst condition, frozen solid near the steps of Silph headquarters. In any case, at least nobody's dead. The grumbling horde wipe the sleep (or lack thereof) from their eyes and call to order their first meeting.

Nobody died last night.
I Liek Squirtles is frozen and cannot post until Day 2.

48 hours for discussion.

Last edited:

Good morning everyone! So ILS is frozen...

I don't have much to say, really. At least nobody is dead. Maybe there is a lucky healer or something.

I don't see why anyone would freeze ILS... That's a fairly anti-town role, anyway, preventing someone from giving their input. Maybe the person thought that night actions had to be used and decided to freeze a new person?

Anyway, first day, no kill... The odds of a lucky healer or the Mafia targeting Gary are fairly low, but any indication of an activated alien should cause us to be careful. Since we have a lot of people alive (read: all) and thus the chances of hitting a mafia member are extremely slim, I suggest, for now, that we abstain. We don't really have anything to go on, anyway. Of course we should see how the rest of the day phase plays out first.

Lorelei! Oh well. You never know who could be the mafia. So for now we have no info to go by, but at least our info roles are still alive, since there have been no death.

Well, it sounds as though blazheirio889 got role-blocked, which could imply they're Giovanni. Or, well, a normal person that got blocked. Syl was light headed...dunno what that is. Other than that, I dunno. I'm inclined to ask blazheirio to claim, though. For safety's sake.

Maybe the target got Brock-blocked? Of course, the possibility of this happening is incredibly unlikely. I do have to wonder why Lance didn't do his kill. Or maybe Lance tried to kill someone, and it was Bruno/the person got Brock-blocked... I'm over thinking things... probably. And even still, the possibility of that scenario happening is even less than what I said before... but I'm still probably over thinking it.

So, no. I don't have any ideas.

I do have to wonder why Lance didn't do his kill.

That would not have been a very smart thing for him to do! (This also goes for the dayblocker using their action, really.)

re: blazhy & flavour text: hm, I thought that too at first, but I'm not sure if that's actually supposed to be significant or if Meowth just used random names. If blazhy (or anyone) was roleblocked last night, though, the roleblocker will block them again tonight. I think it'd be best to wait for tomorrow to see if we have no death again and if there's none, the roleblocker can tell us who they've been blocking (or maybe we can get that from the flavour text) and we can avoid unnecessary roleclaiming. That's kind of boring, though, so idk. :(

ETA: WOAH I totes misread what Meowth said (I thought he was saying that flavour would probably not be significant) so idk maybe we should hear from blazhy!

I'm just a Youngster, sorry to disappoint :/ That's why I didn't mention Thunder Wave as a possibility in the no-kill department in my previous post - should've specified that, sorry. That's assuming, of course, that we read the flavour text correctly, but since Mike said he'd likely make it relevant I don't think there's much room for error.

On another note I'm mildly suspicious of Legendaryseeker99's random claim - there was no real need for him to roleclaim and to me it seems like an eager cover-up... For now I'll just leave it as "finger of suspicion" though.

On another note I'm mildly suspicious of Legendaryseeker99's random claim - there was no real need for him to roleclaim and to me it seems like an eager cover-up... For now I'll just leave it as "finger of suspicion" though.

I was just super bored, whenever I am Vanilla in games and I get bored I roleclaim.

No, it is really because I am Giovanni and I targetted Karkat last night.

I'm just a Youngster, sorry to disappoint :/ That's why I didn't mention Thunder Wave as a possibility in the no-kill department in my previous post - should've specified that, sorry. That's assuming, of course, that we read the flavour text correctly, but since Mike said he'd likely make it relevant I don't think there's much room for error.

Hm! Vanilla is an easy claim for the Mafia to make, but of course that doesn't mean everyone who claims that is lying! Well, we have nineteen people and the sign-up thread listed thirteen roles, not counting vanilla innocents/Mafia goons. I'd expect four or five Mafia (including Giovanni) in a game of this size, which leaves room for two or three vanilla innocents. If you and Legend are both telling the truth, you may be our only Youngsters, then!

I wonder if any other vanilla innocents might like to claim? That could be a really bad idea, though, since it tells the Mafia who's less important for them to kill and ensures that they can hit a powered role each night, so uh. I don't know. What do other people think?

I do have to wonder why Lance didn't do his kill.

Very bad idea for first-night when we haven't had time for anybody to roleclaim or act suspiciously yet.

No, it is really because I am Giovanni and I targetted Karkat last night.

I almost seriously responded to this (along the lines of "well most people would, because Karkat's always alien") before I realized Karkat isn't playing this game. LOL

Since there are nineteen players, we have thirteen powered roles, meaning that there are 6 left. Which makes for 6 mafia (yikes!), 5 mafia and 1 youngster, 4 mafia and 2 youngsters, 3 mafia and 3 youngsters, etc.

Four mafia members seems like a balanced amount in a game of nineteen people.

Why would anybody silence ILS? Not to be mean but they aren't super helpful in games and really don't do anything. Wouldn't a silencer go after a more experienced player (if they were smart)?

Since there are nineteen players, we have thirteen powered roles, meaning that there are 6 left. Which makes for 6 mafia (yikes!), 5 mafia and 1 youngster, 4 mafia and 2 youngsters, 3 mafia and 3 youngsters, etc.

Four mafia members seems like a balanced amount in a game of nineteen people.

The count of thirteen powered roles includes Giovanni. We could have six Mafia and one Youngster, five Mafia and two Youngsters, etc.

Why would anybody silence ILS? Not to be mean but they aren't super helpful in games and really don't do anything. Wouldn't a silencer go after a more experienced player (if they were smart)?

The silencer is innocent-aligned, so they should probably be doing the exact opposite of that (or better yet, not using their action at all!).

Maybe he/she missed the fact that night actions are voluntary.

Is anybody up for a lynch right now? It could be an inactive mafia, just a guess..

Back
Top Bottom