• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

knives alley hydra mafia

isn't RNP's experiment to *refrain* from sending in a vigkill and see if someone dies anyway?

-qenya

ok I'm caught up

uhhhhhhhhhhh I'm super suspicious of this
aiui it just had to do with the way their pm is flavored:
okay

in response to that wallpost i am willing to reveal that our role PM only explicitly confirms Zori's role and not mine - i am referred to in flavor but not in terms of game mechanics

~mist
(i think that mist later said their role mechanically functions normally, ie she can also submit actions. but in flavor she isn't the focus)
- m
that still makes me suspicious bc our role PM specifically has us both simultaneously doing all the flavor together. idk

alma facepalm is what I call it when apparently everyone forgets there are no deaths allowed on n0
in case it hasn't been clear, i don't think the roleblock on RSP has anything to do with mafia - i did remember that there are no deaths on N0, it was factored into the "town can't get past ~d3" things i was thinking about. all my suspicion on stryke is founded purely on "rnp has reason to think they're not the same alignment" - honestly i'm not too suspicious of stryke himself, but i do also think he's the most flavorwise likely to be mafia if there are hydras where alignments are different between pairs, and that's why i'm voting him
i really feel like this is wildly assumptive. for stryke to make sense as a vote here you are assuming:
  • herbe is not tucker (which runs contrary to the stuff herbe has said in the thread)
  • therefore there are probably more single-headed roles
  • therefore it's likely that some hydras have secret split alignments
  • therefore based on the flavor text of rsp's role pm, stryke is likely mafia
i just really feel like this is not a sound basis for a vote. like... it's not that i don't get where you're coming from but it's built on so many layers of largely unconfirmed/unfounded assumptions that it seems really unwise to risk taking a player (and a power role no less) out of the game over it
-q

that still makes me suspicious bc our role PM specifically has us both simultaneously doing all the flavor together. idk
ours does too but not everyone's seems to, i think rsp also performs actions separately in flavor
i'm kinda like shrug lol. it's flavor
- m

why does everyone think i'm going to shoot stryke

i'm planning on shooting nobody and seein' if my hydra tries to kill someone anyways

anyway I don't want to risk that an eif yeet could also kill me (or turn me mafia? :eek:) so I'm going to park my vote on tucker bc I don't understand what's going on there after speed-reading 500ish posts

no one else is jumping out at me except skylar,
did this change between this quoted post and now
i'm a tiny bit suspicious about mewt, but mostly i think that was just her arguing in favor of something she really didn't want us to waste time on, so i'm trying to dismiss that and look for other things.

i.e.
curious, why me and not skylar? skylar and not me?
- m
yep, it did change

alma facepalm is what I call it when apparently everyone forgets there are no deaths allowed on n0
in case it hasn't been clear, i don't think the roleblock on RSP has anything to do with mafia - i did remember that there are no deaths on N0, it was factored into the "town can't get past ~d3" things i was thinking about. all my suspicion on stryke is founded purely on "rnp has reason to think they're not the same alignment" - honestly i'm not too suspicious of stryke himself, but i do also think he's the most flavorwise likely to be mafia if there are hydras where alignments are different between pairs, and that's why i'm voting him
i really feel like this is wildly assumptive. for stryke to make sense as a vote here you are assuming:
  • herbe is not tucker (which runs contrary to the stuff herbe has said in the thread)
  • therefore there are probably more single-headed roles
  • therefore it's likely that some hydras have secret split alignments
  • therefore based on the flavor text of rsp's role pm, stryke is likely mafia
i just really feel like this is not a sound basis for a vote. like... it's not that i don't get where you're coming from but it's built on so many layers of largely unconfirmed/unfounded assumptions that it seems really unwise to risk taking a player (and a power role no less) out of the game over it
-q
unfortunately this is EXACTLY what i am thinking, i do not think that what herbe said runs contrary to what he's said in the thread. would you rather i vote for eifie???

actually if anyone wants to explain tucker to me in less than 8 minutes I'd appreciate it

actually if anyone wants to explain tucker to me in less than 8 minutes I'd appreciate it
somebody has a role allowing them to post as the tucker account. according to sande, they can use it to neighbourise one person (i.e. one head of a hydra) per night, and sande was targeted n0.

-qenya

ok yeah if the neighborizer is anonymized I don't trust it. I remember how much rari loved being scum neighborizer when I ran Cats Mafia

keeping my vote parked on tucker

an account called tucker33 neighborized me (sande) last Night, which gives us evidence that at least one action in the game can target players individually.
herbe has mentioned that he also has a single-headed action that he was keeping secret from MF in case telling her could make her double-cross him ( https://forums.dragonflycave.com/threads/knives-alley-hydra-mafia.18775/post-697926 )
skylar thinks herbe is tucker, i do not think herbe is tucker

Back
Top Bottom