• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Legendary Pokemon Population Conspiracy

If I recall correctly, Mew wasn't an outright creator, but rather, a wide-range common ancestor.

Actually, according to Archeisim, Arecus and Mew both created the world's Pokemon together. Except for Porygon, Bannette, and Voltorb. And their evolutions, who were created by other means. And the Clefairy line and Deoxys came from space, of course.
(It's suggested Mew dealt more with moves and the personalities of Pokemon, though.)

Hrmm...There is a possibility that there are multiple Zekrom, and POSSIBLY Reshiram and Kyurem. Remember in the anime Ash encountered a Zekrom. Then in M14 (?), a Zekrom was owned by Damon, (or Ash, pending in the movie). The fact that the Zekrom did not recognize Ash meant that it had to be different, and in order for there to be balance, there must be multiples of the others.

*pant* *pant* I'm done venting my curiousity and my theory.

Except for Porygon, Bannette, and Voltorb.

Grimer? Kadabra? :P

All Ghost-type lines and inanimate Poison-types. Also Steel-types that are based on machines. And Psychics based on ancient artifacts.

But according to me, the creators were Arceus and Giratina. And in the case of Unova, Giratina only helped create Meloetta. Arceus created most of the region with the help of Regigigas.

Well, lets see... There are probably multiple Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, since their "master" appearently can have babies. Mew is a peculiar case, but perhaps Arceus created it after Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, like the first form of life, you know, like the earliest forms of life, those small one-cell thingies, only more pink and cuddly. Right, so ancestor, hmm, I'd say there's only one Mew, or just a few, like 5 in the whole world. Obviously only one Mewtwo.

As the polar opposite of Lugia, it makes sense that there are multiple Ho-ohs as well. Same goes for the Beasts. Entei definately reproduce through roaring. Yes. Celebi is a tricky one, either there's only one who travels through time and helps itself, but that just seems confusing and stuff so I'm gonna go with multiple ones, but not that many, as mentioned before, something in the area of 20-30.

Multiple Golems, including Regigigas. There are probably multiple Eons too, "brother" and "sister" = genders = breeding. Now we get to some big ones. Quite obviously only one of each in the Weather Trio, as their powers are too great to be shared with others. I honstly don't have a clue on Jirachi, did it come from space? Though the whole "asleep for a millennium" thing could explain a few things if there are many. Deoxys comes from space and there are obviously many of them, but I'd like to take this further and say that another planet also has "pokemon" or similar creatures and that they sent out Deoxys as the perfect scout due to its forms, made clearly for survival. Oh, and just cuz it comes from space doesn't make it a legendary, but it's cool enough I guess.

Only one of each Lake Guardian, obviously only one of each part of the Creation Trio. Multiple Lunar Duos, I guessing multiple Manaphys (Guessing = I have no idea what so ever) and Phiones, as well as many Heatrans and Shaymins. And of course only one Arceus.

I think there are many Victinis and Meloettas, but only one Kami trio and only one of each Musketeer. The Tao trio is odd, their power are basically buffed up versions of the Birds, but with the lack of knowledge of Kyurem it's really hard to tell, so I'll let that rest. Genesect is not a legend! I will not accept it. How does taking a prehistoric giant bug and crossing it with a car make a pokemon legendary? That said, it shouldn't be able to "breed", and it's probably the only one, which is a good thing. *shivers*

Conclusion:
Multiple:Bird Trio and Lugia, Legendary Beasts and Ho-oh, Celebi, Regis, Lati@s, Deoxys, Cresselia and Darkrai, Heatran, Shaymin, Victini, Meloetta.

Only One:Mew, Mewtwo, Weather Trio, Lake Trio, Creation Trio and Arceus, Kami trio.

Unknown: Jirachi, Manaphy, Tao Trio.

Actually, it's my belief there were about 30 Celebi at the beginning the Universe, and their population has slowly descreased. Same with Mew, but Mew did more drastically.
...I thought there was one Mew.

But that damned 1st generaton glitch seems to think there are loads of Mew for the damn trainers to go and glitch and catch.

Actually, according to Archeisim, Arecus and Mew both created the world's Pokemon together. Except for Porygon, Bannette, and Voltorb. And their evolutions, who were created by other means. And the Clefairy line and Deoxys came from space, of course.
(It's suggested Mew dealt more with moves and the personalities of Pokemon, though.)
Arceus is never directly stated to have created any species; it created the universe and most likely originated Palkia, Dialga and Giratina, but otherwise, the statement that it was responsible for any other such origination doesn't seem very likely, at least not for me.

Also, only tangentially related, but worth mentioning: it's kind of a pet peeve of mine when Arceus is treated as a Pokémon equivalent of the Christian God. It's not; at what point is it shown to be omnipotent, omniscient and/or omnipresent? Being a creating deity doesn't imply ultimate power, much as it may imply large amounts of it.

I honstly don't have a clue on Jirachi, did it come from space? Though the whole "asleep for a millennium" thing could explain a few things if there are many.
A single one is already powerful enough to wreck basic rules of reality (being able to grant pretty much any wish and all); more than one might be a stretch, with that in mind.

Deoxys comes from space and there are obviously many of them, but I'd like to take this further and say that another planet also has "pokemon" or similar creatures and that they sent out Deoxys as the perfect scout due to its forms, made clearly for survival. Oh, and just cuz it comes from space doesn't make it a legendary, but it's cool enough I guess.
Clefairy come from space just the same and they aren't legendary, mind you. Overall, the term "legendary" is fairly arbitrary, as there's hardly a common link other than rarity, power and ability to breed, and even that last one doesn't always hold up with much consistency.

Also, the idea of Deoxys being an interplanetary scout is quite interesting. Perhaps the forme-changing meteorites were "sent" over when Deoxys' "superiors" found that it was having trouble changing formes at will in this planet/galaxy/dimension?

I think there are many Victinis and Meloettas, but only one Kami trio and only one of each Musketeer.
Any particular reason for the Musketeer trio/quartet? They strike me as the sort of Pokémon that exists in multiples, personally.

Genesect is not a legend! I will not accept it. How does taking a prehistoric giant bug and crossing it with a car make a pokemon legendary? That said, it shouldn't be able to "breed", and it's probably the only one, which is a good thing. *shivers*
As I've stated earlier, the idea of "legendary" is by and at large arbitrary anyway. And I'd be willing to guess that the original species existed in multiples, but only one Genesect as we know it exists, for reasons similar to that of Mewtwo.

I usually look at this from the perspective of the games as I don't follow the anime and their canon is kind of different from the game canon. Also, the different game series have different canons (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the main series) so I'll just look at the main series games.

In-game, there appears to be one of each legendary. The story of how Raikou, Suicune, and Entei were created is that they were three Pokemon that died in the burned tower but Ho-oh revived them; as such, I always thought it made sense that they were one of a kind. I don't really pay attention to the Pokedex entry for Entei and I've always assumed it to be a legend (the Pokedex is notoriously unreliable, after all). The same goes for Ho-oh and Lugia; I don't really have any evidence for it, but I just feel it makes sense for there to be one of each.

Being that Manaphy comes from an egg, I suppose it's plausible there could be multiple Manaphy, but here we enter the question of "What laid the Manaphy egg?". After all, Manaphy can only produce Phione, not more Manaphy. Multiple Phione is very plausible, though I can't imagine Manaphy and Ditto getting it on that often.

Ultimately I admit I really like the idea of there being just one of each legendary, and so in my head-canon I always interpret it like that. I'm open to the idea of there being multiples of some of the lesser legendaries, though.

A single one is already powerful enough to wreck basic rules of reality (being able to grant pretty much any wish and all); more than one might be a stretch, with that in mind.

Clefairy come from space just the same and they aren't legendary, mind you. Overall, the term "legendary" is fairly arbitrary, as there's hardly a common link other than rarity, power and ability to breed, and even that last one doesn't always hold up with much consistency.

Also, the idea of Deoxys being an interplanetary scout is quite interesting. Perhaps the forme-changing meteorites were "sent" over when Deoxys' "superiors" found that it was having trouble changing formes at will in this planet/galaxy/dimension?

Any particular reason for the Musketeer trio/quartet? They strike me as the sort of Pokémon that exists in multiples, personally.

As I've stated earlier, the idea of "legendary" is by and at large arbitrary anyway. And I'd be willing to guess that the original species existed in multiples, but only one Genesect as we know it exists, for reasons similar to that of Mewtwo.

As stated about Jirachi, I really have no idea, but wasn't it so that the wishing just made it teleport stuff? I know it did that at least once in the movie, which makes me wonder why Butler didn't just wish for a Groudon instead of going through all that trouble of opening the eye and so on.

I don't really have a reason for the muketeers, other than that they are based of three particular individuals, and in-game they just seem to be one of a kind. It's probably because we have a bit too little information about them, no anime apearences, movie ain't out yet etc. I agree on the Genesect thing, there were probably many of them before, but I still can't even imagine what it looked like with all of those mechanical parts.
And you changed your name to Mr Fancy Pants! 8D *High Fives*

I agree on the Genesect thing, there were probably many of them before, but I still can't even imagine what it looked like with all of those mechanical parts.
I picture the original species as being similar to Genesect in form, except, of course, with a more natural carapace instead of that purple armour. And also sans enormous cannon.

Since it's proeficient with flying (albeit jetpack flying instead of wing flying), I'd assume it was originally Bug/Flying. Its current lack of wings may owe to the fact that the original wings were likely much less hardy than the rest of the body, and as such, were lost and couldn't be restored by Team Plasma.

Genesect was indeed probably in multiples, back when it was natural. It was also probably something like a prehistoric Scyther. Wait, maybe Scyther evolved from prehistoric Genesect.

Present Genesect is definitely one-of-a-kind, though, because only one fossil was recovered. This whole thing has me thinking about someone sending out an Armaldo or something against Genesect and the two recognizing each other.

This whole thing has me thinking about someone sending out an Armaldo or something against Genesect and the two recognizing each other.
As in, you've seen this somewhere, or you're having this idea now?

Also, in relation to Arceus: according to TV Tropes Wiki (and, thus, perhaps indirectly from another source), Arceus created the universe, then the dragon trio, then the lake trio, and after this, it went into slumber atop the Hall of Origin. Which would mean it didn't create other Pokémon.

Also, another thought on Genesect.

So far, most people have regarded its signature move as a joke. It looks like it's just a severly wimpened-up version of Judgment...

... But plot-wise, that resemblance takes on an entire different meaning. Perhaps the scientist who brought Genesect back was aiming for the ability to use Judgement? I'd call it playing God if, you know, Arceus had anything to do with God.

Maybe they thought they could channel the creating powers of Arceus and create some legendaries for Ghetis?

Well, there is obviously 1 Reshiram and 1 Zekrom. Seeing as Kyurem is possibly an alien, there might just be a planet were Deoxys and Kyurem live together.

Seeing as Kyurem is possibly an alien, there might just be a planet were Deoxys and Kyurem live together.

I dont believe this is true. As stated in some official pokemon thing (I believe it was the Pokedex) Kyurem used to be a regular dragon, but its energy got out of control, and it froze itself. So there are more than one of Kyurem's species, but only one Kyurem that we know of.

Back
Top Bottom