• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

List of Video Game Accomplishments

Vipera Magnifica

Aquatic Artiste
Pronoun
he/him
Remember that one level that took you forever to beat? Remember that one game that seemed impossible at first? Or maybe it was an achievement that you farmed for weeks before getting? Maybe it was a really fast time on a level, or an entire game?

Whatever it was, it probably made you feel really good afterwards, didn't it? This thread is for listing all your proudest moments in gaming. Think of it as a "video game resumé" of sorts. Even something that may seem silly or trivial is worth listing if you put a lot of effort into it.

• Defeated Ballos in Cave Story
  • Earned 3 profile stars in Mario Kart 7
  • 100% completed TLoZ: Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening, beat NES Zelda and OoT
  • 120 stars in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy
  • All 7 Chaos Emeralds in Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Beat Ridge Racer for the PSP (iirc getting the last 2 cars was very hard), and 100%'ed Burnout Legends
  • 100% completion of The Simpsons: Hit and Run (I was like 9, so this was a pretty huge accomplishment.)
  • 100% completion of The Cat in the Hat (Again, I was very young and I remember this took a while)
  • Grinding multiple Pokémon to lvl. 100 in Pokémon Yellow (I did this at age 6 or 7, and it must have taken forever. This is, of course, without the infinite rare candies glitch.)

That's really all I can think of for now. I sure had to go through the nostalgia part of my brain to remember some of these.

So I don't know if you've ever played the Ys Chronicles, but there was this one boss in Ys I who kept turning into bats, and you could only hurt him when he was in his normal form, and he only stayed that way long enough for one hit (if you were fast enough), but he could still hurt you when he was bats. Also the room was very small, and the bats could spread out quite a bit. It took me like 30 retries but I FINALLY KILLED HIM. GOSH. YES.

Also, the first time I successfully got something into orbit in Kerbal, because I am so bad at that game XD

I don't mean to brag but this one time I encountered a creeper in Minecraft and I didn't totally panic.

I have a gold trainer card in Diamond I suppose is an achievement? The only thing I have left to do is beat battle tower which I never really tried before but since I've got quite far in SoulSilver, I could probably get a black one if I wanted!
Oh! And I caught one of the lake trio in an ordinary Pokéball while it was at full health and without a status condition.

I managed to complete the original Deus Ex on realistic difficulty with no kills.

In Half-Life 2, there's a bit where you have to save Barney from a bunch of snipers. I'm fairly certain I managed to get a civilian to follow me the entire way from that point to the strider rooftop battle at the end. It's so difficult, but it's a fan challenge to set yourself.

In Train Simulator 2013 there's an achievement for ranking #1 worldwide on a scenario. I got it! But for some reason "rank in the top 10" didn't unlock :(

In VVVVVV, my record in the super gravitron is over 30 seconds.

Also, the first time I successfully got something into orbit in Kerbal, because I am so bad at that game XD
I've only played the demo of that game, but I managed to get to the moon! By which I mean I get into an elliptical orbit and set it to the highest speed available and a few hundred orbits later, BOOM.

Last edited:
120 stars in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy

wow way to mention who helped you :V

anyway completed a living pokédex in platinum completely legitimately
got all the pokémon recruited in explorers of sky once
100% in every main series kirby game ever released (including the difficult mass attack, super star ultra and canvas curse)
beat helper to hero in ssu with every helper
unlocked every character and every stage in ssbm

um

yeah

So I don't know if you've ever played the Ys Chronicles, but there was this one boss in Ys I who kept turning into bats,

oh, Vagullion. that boss is a bitch lol, there is not a single person in the fanbase that likes it. i'm still trying to beat it on Nightmare mode ;-;

that said, on a Ys note; Oath in Felghana. recently gathered up the courage to complete a run on Inferno after finally completing it on Nightmare. i literally jumped for joy after managing to finally beat the first big boss lmfao

had a couple other moments on KH2 Final Mix+ recently too; i managed to complete a level 1 critical mode run of the game this past summer, managing to defeat the absent silhouettes at lv 1 as well, on a normal critical playthrough, after weeks of deaths, somehow managed to beat the lingering spirit. good god it was hard ;~;

Black trainer card in Pokémon Black.
100%'ed at least half of the games I've played.
...I can't really think of much else.

completed the pokedex 100% legitimately on both white and white 2

managed to get to the boss of labyrinth zone in sonic 1 (before ragequitting) after 17 years of being shitfuck terrified of that level

actually beat persona 4

...they're accomplishments to me ok

right now i am trying to 100% spyro 3. when i was like 13, my stepbrother and i did it between us but now i want to see if i can do it completely by myself.

-Full Pokédex (including legit Jirachi and Deoxys) in Pokémon Emerald
-100% in Kirby Mouse Attack/Squeak Squad
-All medals in Rhythm Tengoku, and 24 perfects so far (out of 48)
-Completed all difficulities of Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan and Ouendan 2

updating later as I remember other things!

Last edited:
right now i am trying to 100% spyro 3. when i was like 13, my stepbrother and i did it between us but now i want to see if i can do it completely by myself.

I've done that! I've also fully completed spyro 1 and 2 (skelos badlands uuugh). I don't really have a lot of video game accomplishments aside from that, though I did catch all the unown in Platinum and end up with a shiny U unown. :| I guess.

The only ones I can think of right now is beating Kingdom Hearts 2 on level 1 Critical Mode and completing the White 2 pokedex.

Oh, and also doing a no-sphere run in Final Fantasy X.

In Train Simulator 2013 there's an achievement for ranking #1 worldwide on a scenario. I got it! But for some reason "rank in the top 10" didn't unlock :(

Okay wtf. It updated to Train Simulator 2014 and the achievements all reset. What's the point of achievements if they're not permanent?

So I managed to do another thing now recently!

I rolled up Cowbear in Katamari Forever. Anyone who's played We Love Katamari or Katamari Forever knows why this is a huge achievement.

I was going to make a thread like this, turns out I already made one.

*sees my post from 7 years ago* oh that's cute

Anyway I wanted to try to chronicle some of the harder stuff I've since done in games, at least the stuff I remember:
  • 112% Completion in Hollow Knight (Some stuff like beating Nightmare King Grimm and Godmaster boss rushes were ridiculously difficult)
  • Beat all bosses in Demon's Souls/Dark Souls 1, 2 & 3/Bloodborne/Sekiro without summons
  • Earned the Bloodborne Platinum Trophy
  • 999 Moons in Super Mario Odyssey
  • Recruited all Pokémon in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
  • Reached Master Ball Tier in Pokémon Sword/Shield online double battles
  • Beat a number of Final Fantasy superbosses (Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon from FFVII, Ozma from FFIX, Kaiser Dragon and Omega Weapon from FFVI Advance, the Kugane tower jumping puzzle from FFXIV)
  • Beat several NES games that are considered hard (Mega Man, Castlevania, Zelda II)
  • Achieved 100% in a lot of games I'm probably forgetting

Good grief VM. I think you won the thread lol.

It's not much, but I've:
  • Solved every puzzle in every Professor Layton game (including the DS-era DLC ones that aren't available any more)
  • Placed in the top 50 in the UK in the first ever Pokémon X/Y online tournament
  • Collected every medallion in Super Mario 3D Land
I 100% completed TLoZ: Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds, but only with copious use of guides. Currently trying to 100% the OoT Master Quest blind, but it's gonna take a while.

I also thought I might have some interesting accomplishments from the Etrian Odyssey games but, no, checking back through my saves, I've never actually beaten a single postgame boss. Damn.

Despite liking video games overall, I unfortunately tend to not be very good at them. To date, there’s only one game I remember ever being crazy good at – Do Do EGG!, a relatively obscure frenzy Japanese puzzler for iOS. Back when I was like 15 years old, I once held the 7th highest score in the world on the normal category – and that’s my only video game accomplishment to date.

I looked the game up so that I could link y’all to some gameplay (here it is, btw – I couldn’t find any without commentary, unfortunately) and apparently, presumably after declining sales – and, in my defense, after I stopped playing it –, the good guys at Ponos decided to plaster it with ecchi. Ah, Japan.

• Mentioned this already, but I have a full living dex stashed away in Pokemon Home with almost every alternate form collected too (that includes all 20 forms of Vivillon, which I think is an achievement in and of itself)
  • 100% Kirby Super Star Ultra, as well as beat Helper to Hero with all 20 heroes
  • 880 moons on Super Mario Odyssey (I'm sorry but I cannot bring myself to coinfarm to get to 999, that just sounds like a chore at that point (no disrespect to anyone whos done it though))
  • 100% Poochy and Yoshis Woolly World
  • Full browser on Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia
Maybe theres others, but I think that covers the notable stuff. Still working on getting a true Living Dex with forms; just need some Gmaxs, Antique Polteageist, and like every form of Alcremie (the latter of which probably isn't gonna happen anytime soon, unfortunately), as well as a legit Living Dex in Platinum (which also probably isnt happening soon either... oy vey...)

Mentioned this already, but I have a full living dex stashed away in Pokemon Home with almost every alternate form collected too (that includes all 20 forms of Vivillon, which I think is an achievement in and of itself)
Holy shit dude, mad respect
People trade legendaries for Scatterbugs just for the chance of getting a Vivillon pattern they don’t have

Mentioned this already, but I have a full living dex stashed away in Pokemon Home with almost every alternate form collected too (that includes all 20 forms of Vivillon, which I think is an achievement in and of itself)
Holy shit dude, mad respect
People trade legendaries for Scatterbugs just for the chance of getting a Vivillon pattern they don’t have
i'd like to thank r/vivillon and two absolute bros on another site who had the event patterns and were chill with giving them away to me

Back
Top Bottom