• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

London Expo

Vladimir Putin's LJ

your blood flows through my veins
London Expo is a bi-annual comic/manga convention that boatloads of people attend every year, for the uninformed.

Is anyone going? I'm considering it because for the first time I'm actually close enough to be able to take an affordable and fast trip to London (14£, about an hour, I'm in Leicester), and I've got two artists I'd like to see if I can work up the courage to go talk to them. Plus, opportunity to go to London and see friends stationed there and go to a musical! Hurrah.

I wouldn't be in costume, I think, because I don't have that much money right now, but anyway.

Oh my god, come!!! A bunch of us are going this year, I know myself, opaltiger, Dannichu, Butterfree, Mhaladie are definitely going to be around on the Sunday, and I think Espeon too? Plus maybe someone I've shamefully forgotten.

Apparently there are interesting guests going to be around this year? To be honest the two times I've been I haven't really got involved with who's there and use it as an excuse for seeing people :D ONE DAY I will cosplay. I will I will I will.

Ew, let's not turn this thread into a US-based pity party.

I would go but going to London is really expensive and I can't really afford to skip classes to come down :B

Last edited:
Can't. A return trip by train to Cardiff from Aberystwyth costs £50 and I'm a student.

I'm going! I'm there all weekend, which is cool. c: I just have to save on expenses by, er, not eating. As much as possible.

So, who wants to buy me tickets to the UK? Anyone? No one? You sure? Damn.

Should be awesome this year from what I've heard. I have a friend going who is recording everything that ever existed... should be a decent remedy for not going because you know I'm... coughAmericancough

I probably could go, but nobody I know irl would, and I'm not popular enough here to hang around with you guys :P

I probably could go, but nobody I know irl would, and I'm not popular enough here to hang around with you guys :P
It's much more fun going alone. That means you actively look for people to hang out with, and it's easier when there are people who look sillier than you. Just take a camera, ask for a picture, then compliment the outfit. Voila, icebreaker.

The Expo is also my birthday and everyone should come and give me lots of love and attention :D

In seriousness, I'm looking forward very, very much to seeing everyone who will be coming (if you'd like to PM me for my number, to make meeting up easier?), and hope that more people will be able to make it next time :)

Back
Top Bottom