• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#mafia Mafia [Mafia Victory]

Re: #mafia Mafia [Day 3]

Well I'm still bored of abstaining but if it does the trick then let's do it.

Leads?

Well, that's one mafia down. (I wonder how many there are in a game this size? I'd guess at least three, but then there are all those mafia-aligned roles.) The only realistic possibilities for what happened here, near as I can tell, are:

1) Mafia targeted someone protected by a bodyguard, doctors overdosed Cirrus

2) Mafia targeted Cirrus (or were redirected to Cirrus one way or another), doctors overdosed Eifie

It would be weird for a vigilante to be acting now, since I can't see how they'd be confident enough to stake their life on Eifie being mafia, and if they were lovers I can't see why the mafia don would be getting rid of her now already (well, at least presumably Eifie would have discouraged them from killing Cirrus, since she appears to have been fairly active in at least the day discussions so far, and there's little reason they'd be that insistent on killing Cirrus anyway when e hasn't indicated having a power role or anything).

...although wait, do mafia-aligned non-killing roles (i.e. pharmaceutical rep, drug dealer, etc.) show up as mafia on death?

As I mentioned, there will be no time extensions in this game. The reaper wants blood whether it's at your hands or his. Second night in a row without a majority vote.

The fates have claimed the life of pathos. He was not mafia.
~24 hours for night actions.

Re: #mafia Mafia [Night 3]

It is apparent that yesterday's news sent everyone into hiding. Perhaps even the mafia? ... How would I know, I've been hiding! Where, you ask? If I told you, maybe the mafia would come after me! And then Mafialand would be mayorless! ... you say people would prefer it that way? Ah-hahaha-ah...

Let's focus on the good news instead, shall we? The news is that there is no news! And no news is good news. And that's great because I was starting to run low on milk.

Nobody has died.
ONE night action was randomised.
~48 hours to discuss.

Re: #mafia Mafia [Day 4]

Well that was bad. As in, not having a majority abstain leading to innocents being voted off. Still good for whoever stopped the kills last night.

I'm just going to remind everyone to abstain unless there's lead. (Not actually voting yet in case there actually is a lead because I wouldn't be able to change it.)

SO SPEAK EVERYONE

Well, there's as good a chance as any that the mafia will get randlynched, right? Otherwise it's hardly a randlynch. Unless it's just to screw with the innocents and force us to make up our minds. (Granted, "nobody participated but the RNG found and lynched the last mafia, so the innocents win" would be a pretty silly way for a game to end.)

Anyway, nice work, doctor or whoever. Now to get people to actually get in here, because with just the two of us who seem to be participating we aren't going to get a majority for anything.

I... don't know what to think about yiran, but eh, lynching /is/ the main way to get rid of the mafia. Any claims, yiran?

(Also, am sorry for being so inactive. :c I should probably be more talkative now, though!)

I still don't expect why people in this forum's mafia expect every voted player to claim, even when the voter has blatantly no evidence or even simple reasoning.

But it's about time I claimed anyone. I am the Mortician. sresevoir is a Doctor, and pathos is a Coroner. That's all the information I have. (I originally decided against disclosing this, but then I realised it would probably make innocent decisions easier as well as mafias, so it's balanced. And there are more innocents!)

There are probably at least 2 doctors left, considering the double death the night before last. Therefore I would like doctors to not simply heal me, but try and luck it out, like roll a dice or something. There's also the chance that the mafia may not target me.

Phantom is not trustworthy. If she really knew I was mafia, she would have shown the evidence. If she was innocent and deduced I was mafia, she would have given out her reasoning (she did this in other games). However, she simply voted me without any explanation whatsoever, which leads me to think that she is a mafia that is simply trying to mess things up.

Phantom is not trustworthy. If she really knew I was mafia, she would have shown the evidence. If she was innocent and deduced I was mafia, she would have given out her reasoning (she did this in other games). However, she simply voted me without any explanation whatsoever, which leads me to think that she is a mafia that is simply trying to mess things up.

Seriously?

You're just foaming at the mouth.

Last edited:

Otherwise, their roleclaim is rather convenient.

But anyways, I'm one of those last doctors. So, unless you to lose one of your healers, yeah.

Last edited:

Well you don't just simply vote someone without any explanation at this stage of the game. And how am I foaming at the mouth? Use some reasoning rather than irrelevant (not to mention highly subjective) reasoning like that.

I'm also not sure I buy your doctor claim, but if it's true, then I suggest any other doctors to heal Phantom and Phantom to heal me, which removes clashes (and also because I think there won't be 4 doctors in a 12 player game). However it's probably not true because uh, why did you mention in the second post rather than the first? Hesitation of faking is the only factor I see. But still, if you're a non-Phantom healer, and Phantom's lying, you'll likely overdose Phantom and kill her (which would be a good thing because if she's lying then she's mafia). So I suggest all other doctors just heal Phantom.

Zero Moment, that is a horrible reason. In fact, that's not a reason at all, so I'm not sure how to respond to it.

Anyway right now if we don't get enough abstains it'll be a randlynch, unless the crowd suddenly decides to vote someone. Since I can't change my vote I suggest everyone to abstain.

I double posted because I originally wasn't going to tell you, then I changed my mind.

Look, your little plan looks great. Except now the mafia for sure won't target me and instead someone else dies. If I die and you, a mafia, are killed, then my sacrifice won't be in vain because after you there can't too many scum left.

Zero Moment has a point, your posts just scream mafia.

I'd like to say the same about Butterfree, but I don't see her play style too often, so it might just be me being unfamiliar, but they seem to be working together... sort of.

The thing is 4 doctors in a 12 player game is virtually impossible. Therefore if you are lying you'll die, which is beneficial to innocents. If you aren't, you keep me alive and I can provide more info on dead people, which is beneficial to innocents. The only reason I'd see you opposing this plan is if you aren't innocent because this plan exclusively benefits innocents.

Of course, that's under the assumption that I'm not lying, but really, would a mafia be risking to fake even the slightest details a role got? If I were lying there could easily be a Coroner out there that would call me out, which is quite a big risk. Oh and there could also be another Mortician to disprove my claim. So if I were mafia then what I did was extremely risky and I could have gotten away a lot easier with a simpler role like doctor.

We just can't keep abstaining, everyone will die! We need the mafia dead. We need to take the chance!

Well both of us have already used up our votes so we can't really do anything.

Anyway, ready to disclose exactly why you found me suspicious yet?

Back
Top Bottom