• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Magikarp: the Gathering

Uh... read this thread and count? The point is you can't skip any.

Oh, and the link lead me to the error page, even though that was updated in February.

Oh, I didn't. Just counted, and now I'm right. Led me to error, but now hangman....
EDIT: Solved hangman, but don't know where to put the clue....
EDIT 2: Might have to do with Pokerus? ....

How'd you get to hangman?
EDIT: Never mind.
EDIT2: TCOD doesn't have a page with the word "Pokerus", unless you count the cheat page, which hasn't been updated recently.
EDIT3:The hangman can be done whenever, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Went back to zodiac, and Magikarp was there again...
EDIT: No, but the hangman had the "special" clue.

I think the Magikarp images being back means we completed something. Magikarp is still missing from the mascots page for me, though.

Hmm...I suppose the clue has to do with Deoxys or the pokerus, so I'll look wherever those are found.

Okay, three things you should NOT be relying on too much:

- When pages were updated. The last modified date normally tells you the age of the text of the page, but there could be included files, underlying scripts, etc. that were updated later that you can't see. Oh, and the Conspiracy Theories page is not relevant; I just forgot to include in the update that I added one (about Lance).
- The clues all being alike. If there is a clue in a source code comment, it's a good idea to make a habit of checking the source, but there are a million other ways to give clues and a million ways for the clues to be employed to achieve progress; if you don't find a source code comment, don't dismiss the page as irrelevant. If you're very definitely directed somewhere by the game, there is definitely something relevant there.
- When a clue disappears (reverts back to how it would be if you were not playing the game). The way this works is that you have a cookie that keeps track of your progress, and each clue only appears when you're at the right stage in the game. The progress cookie is not always updated after you find a clue (some steps in the game can technically be skipped if you don't need their clues to figure out where you're ultimately supposed to end up), but when it is, all clues that are not specifically made to appear when the cookie is set to this will go back to normal. Previous clues disappearing is not a sign that something plotwise has been accomplished; right now you are still in the "hints of a plot" stage.

Last edited:
Well, I think that's one of those "redundant" clues Butterfree may have posted. Maybe if we took a closer look on that error page, we might be able to find something. Who knows, it might be a fake error page that sends us somewhere else, but I'm not too confident about that theory since I can't find anything in the source code. However, if a link led us to that page, maybe a link will lead us out of the page...

P.S: Magikarp is still missing for me...

Yeah, I wonder what to do with the error page as well, and I don't wanna try sending anything in case it's wrong and REALLY sends an error report. :D; And the hangman clue, hmm...

I'm confused. I found the Deoxys clue in the EVs page, Magikarp is still on the mascots page, there's no hangman clue for me, and the main page has reverted back to normal. No idea what to do now.

If I'm correct, other clues only appear if you do another clue, so I'm hoping that the Truth of RSE page will have a clue on it eventually - it mentions the 100 space launch and Deoxys myth.

Last edited:
hissyfitwx0.gif
Ahhh!! Trying to find out how to get from the error report page to hangman is making my brain explode!
nocommentbl4.gif
Edit: I feel stupid... It was more obvious than the clue game clues...

Hmmm.... About the hangman clue... I think it might have something to do with Pokerus, but I can't figure out where in the site does it mention Pokerus...

Yeah, I wonder what to do with the error page as well, and I don't wanna try sending anything in case it's wrong and REALLY sends an error report. :D; And the hangman clue, hmm...

Same here. I can't find anything, so I guess sending an error report would be the best thing to do, clue wise. But I don't think Butterfree is going to be happy to get spammed with error reports of people trying to play M:tG. What to do, what to do...

What mention of Magikarp is on every page today? (the 13th) That should help with the revenge clue.
weakhr6.gif
Edit: The hangman clue is raping me in the ear.

I don't mind if I get a bunch of error reports while you're trying to figure this out. Just go ahead.

Murkrow said:
I've gotten to (SPOILER) Planning revenge eh? and I don't know what that means. :(

Well, the page mentions Deoxys right? And Deoxys was planning revenge. And Butterfree made up a whole history of something about Deoxys's revenge and legendaries... Where could that be?

I'm pretty sure that's how the two clues connect.

What mention of Magikarp is on every page today? (the 13th) That should help with the revenge clue.

Already been there, there seems to be a weird story about magikarps there but I'm not sure if
1) It's there anyway
2) It helps at all
3) Even if it does, I fail at this :(

EDIT: Gotten past that bit now.

I don't understand how we get to hangman from the error reports page...

But has anyone figured out what to do after solving the hangman part?

Back
Top Bottom