• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Magikarp: the Gathering

Is it not working for anyone else?
I wanted to solve it on my own, but then I got frustrated because the clues didn't actually seem to lead anywhere... I found the Zodiac stuff, and figured out that I should try putting in the day of Magikarp and Gyarados. No change anywhere, source code or text. Today I gave up and came here, only to find that I had been doing it right in the first place. What's with that?
I'm using the latest version of Safari, with perfectly normal cookie settings...
It works; I just tested it. Did you run out of time before you got there or skip a clue somewhere in between?

All right... I'm going to put the clues I have so far...

Insane amount of spoilers follow for the beginning...

Alright, so you started the game. Good for you? Visit the source code a lot, it can help. Let's just say the first step was also the last...

Ooh, you got THAT clue? You have done well. View sources a lot... hm. Space Virus... now where have I heard that before... Could it be a Legendary Pokemon?

Wow, that clue was obvious if you thought about it. Now, view the source again... "Planning Revenge, eh?" So, what does that last clue have to do with revenge on the site? A nice long story may calm you down... And always remember the Day of the Magikarp and Gyarados, with what happened...

So, you entered it correctly? Good, now you got to this page. Hm... it appears Magikarp is GONE! Hm... Where did he go? "Water, one may assume..." So he went to some location with water. Yeah... Fairly new location, yes... What's this? a random link in the list? Click it and find out...

Lol. How easy was that last one? Now you're at the Error Report page. Sorry, can't help you. That's where I'm stuck. XD I have to go back and look at the other posts. :P

Sorry to say, but you didn't make it. You have to start over D:

It works; I just tested it. Did you run out of time before you got there or skip a clue somewhere in between?

I'm sure I didn't run out of time, and as far as I know the only clues before that are the comments in the page code and putting Magikarp's day in the Zodiac.
To add to my confusion, trying again on another computer (same settings) I got the 'planning revenge, eh?' but nothing after that. Not only that, but the same thing seems to happen in Firefox... I think I must have missed something.

Last edited:
@Taliax: You're on route 119, right? Well, edit the URL so you're directly south of where you are.

Where are you? If you've just gone south then think about what items cure confusion and add it to the end of the URL with ?answer=If you are looking for ash, then think about what pokemon are associated with ash and look for them on the site.

I was on the confusion cure part. Does it take you to the main page if you get it right? If so, I don't know what to do next.

I tried it again, but nothing happened. I also tried a wrong answer, but I just went somewhere that said it was wrong. How did you put your answer in?

Back
Top Bottom