• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Metallica Fanboy & Grass King vs. Karkat Vantas & Legendaryseeker99 (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Start off by using Psychic to pick up Shurinam and use him as a shield for the Inferno attack, since you technically didn't use protect, thats the move that should be used. Then use Shadow Ball against Umbra twice.

Psyhcic @ Shurinam (To use him as a shield) ~ Shadow Ball @ Umbra ~ Shadow Ball @ Umbra

Pfft haha. Lechering off me ain't getting you out of this gutter, Karkat.

Since Megatherium is the fastest around here and nobody is using priority moves (aside from maybe Protect), he should be able to attack before Monopole picks Shurinam up, and while Monopole is still under effects of Telekinesis. You can all see what I'm getting at here, right? Earthquake.

(also, I thereby compromise myself to rip my own fucking face off if this hits Metallica)

Next, Taunt Umbra again, and then give him a one-way trip to sleep with a good old Yawn. This way, we'll be able to hammer everybody without having to deal with all those annoying shenanigans.

Earthquake ~ Taunt @ Umbra ~ Yawn @ Umbra

1&1vs1&1 tag battle
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery
Arena: Metallica Gig
We should probably be enjoying the show. But instead we decided to have a Pokemon battle. Oh, how silly we are. Still, we get the cool effect of having the songs played affect the fighting.

A random song will be chosen and played at the beggining of the match. Each song has a set duration, and after that goes up, another randomized song plays. No song will be played twice. If all songs are played before the battle ends, the gig ends, but the trainers stay and finish the battle.

- All Nightmare Long (7 actions): All Pokemon are put to sleep and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so does the slumber.
- Cyanide (6 actions): All Pokemon are poisoned severely and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so does the poisoning.
- Damage Inc. (5 actions): All battlers take 10% of damage.
- Disposable Heroes (8 actions): No status moves may be used; all Pokemon act as though under effects of Taunt for the duration of the song.
- Enter Sandman (5 actions): All Pokemon have their abilities replaced by their Dream World abilities for the duration of the song.
- Fight Fire With Fire (4 actions): All Pokemon are burned severely and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so do the burns.
- For Whom The Bell Tolls (5 actions): All Pokemon are healed of status conditions and may not be afflicted with any new ones for the duration of the song.
- Master of Puppets (8 actions): All Pokemon gain a 10% Substitute at no price of health. When the song ends, any Substitute on field vanishes.
- Nothing Else Matters (6 actions): All opposite-gendered Pokemon become mutually attracted for the duration of the song.
- No Leaf Clover (5 actions): No critical hits may be scored and no secondary effects of moves will activate unless they have a 100% chance to for the duration of the song.
- One (7 actions): All Pokemon are struck by an Explosion and may not move until the song ends.

If any band member of Metallica is harmed by a stray attack, Metallica Fanboy will rip your fucking face off.
Other: Whether the teams are randomized or preset will be left for this challenge's accepters to determine.

[size=+1]Team Role-oriented Programming[/size]
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Metallica Fanboy
Vigoroth
Megatherium (Male)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Health: 70%
Energy: 88%
Commands: Earthquake ~ Taunt @ Umbra ~ Yawn @ Umbra
Item: Razor Claw

Grass King
Metang
Monopole (Genderless)
Ability: Clear Body and Intimidate
Health: 62%
Energy: 86%
Status: DIE SHURINAM DIE Attack +2, confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail), burned (severe; 5% per round, physical attacks halved), Telekinesis'd (one more action)
Commands: Psychic @ Shurinam ~ Shadow Ball @ Umbra ~ Shadow Ball @ Umbra
Item: Reaper Cloth

[size=+1]Team Spirit of the Beehive[/size]
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Karkat Vantas
Croagunk
Shurinam Shitfucker (Male)
Ability: Dry Skin
Health: 43%
Energy: 93%
Commands: Drain Punch @ Megatherium / Thief @ Monopole / Feint @ Megatherium ~ Drain Punch @ Megatherium / Thief @ Monopole / Feint @ Megatherium ~ Drain Punch @ Megatherium / Thief @ Monopole / Feint @ Megatherium
Item: Rocky Helmet

Legendaryseeker99
Litwick
Umbra (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 80%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Inferno @ Monopole / Trick Room / Flamethrower @ Megatherium ~ Trick Room / Flamethrower @ Monopole ~ Acid Armor / Flame Burst @ Monopole

Round 4 Begin!

As the round begins, Metallica begin another song in the background. The Pokémon feel a very odd sensation as all non-damaging attacks disappear from their movepools.

Megatherium shakes his head, then begins an attack. He slams his hands doen onto the ground repeatedly, with a force far more than he should logically have; ripples spread outwards from his impacts, passing under the floating Monopole but hitting Umbra and Shurinam, throwing them over. Shurinam, once he rights himself, runs over to Megatherium in his loping manner and punches him in the side as hard as he can, at the same time siphoning a portion of his energy away. Umbra, meanwhile, begins stoking his flame all the higher; after about a minute, he feels ready to attack, and suddenly launches an enormous jet of fire at his floating metal opponent. While he does so, though, Monopole attacks: his eyes take on a brilliant blue glow and the same glow suddenly envelops Shurinam, and he begins to float. He floats into the air in front of Monopole, just in time for Umbra to launch a trememdous blast of flame at him: it sears and burns his skin, and though when Umbra realizes his mistake he cuts off the attack it's far too late: most of Shurinam's body is covered in angry red burns, searing every time he moves. Monopole releases its impromptu shield, allowing him to drop ungracefully to the ground; as if in repayment, though, the force holding it in the air suddenly vanishes, and it drops awkwardly to the ground.

Megatherium knows he's been ordered to do something, but he can't find any knowledge of it in his memory. Instead, he runs over to Shurinam and begins flapping madly at him, slapping him repeatedly in a reckless manner. It stings him too, but he manages to deal at least some damage. Monopole, meanwhile, gets awkwardly up, and then charges up a ball of shadows; he launches it at Umbra, who it hits in a shadowy explosion. At the same time, Shurinam deals another draining punch to Megatherium's side - wincing as he aggravates his burned skin - causing him to grunt in pain. And it is at this point Umbra regains his breath, and he launches another jet of flame at Monopole; the strange being shows exactly no reaction.

Megatherium begins slapping madly at Shurinam again, and he responds with yet another Drain Punch. Megatherium is beginning to flag by now, but Shurinam seems healthy but for his burns, having stolen a large portion of his health; he lopes off, job done. Monopole, meanwhile, tries to attack his opponent, his eyes flickering blue for a second - but it backfires, the space around him imploding painfully. To add insult to injury, Umbra fires a massive firey blast at him, scorching his already-melted metallic hide; a shockwave radiates out and catches Megatherium, searing him painfully. All four Pokémon glare at each other as the round draws to an end.

Round 4 End!

[size=+1]Team Role-oriented Programming[/size]
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Metallica Fanboy
Vigoroth
Megatherium (Male)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Health: 41%
Energy: 74%
Attacks Used: Earthquake ~ Struggle @ Shurinam ~ Struggle @ Shruinam
Item: Razor Claw

Grass King
Metang
Monopole (Genderless)
Ability: Clear Body and Intimidate
Health: 34%
Energy: 71%
Status: Burning pain Attack +2, confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail), burned (severe; 5% per round, physical attacks halved).
Attacks Used: Psychic @ Shurinam ~ Shadow Ball @ Umbra ~ [confused]
Item: Reaper Cloth

[size=+1]Team Spirit of the Beehive[/size]
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Karkat Vantas
Croagunk
Shurinam Shitfucker (Male)
Ability: Dry Skin
Health: 13%
Energy: 78%
Status: AGH stupid Umbra Attack -1, burned (severe; 5% per round, physical attacks halved).
Attacks Used: Drain Punch @ Megatherium ~ Drain Punch @ Megatherium ~ Drain Punch @ Megatherium
Item: Rocky Helmet

Legendaryseeker99
Litwick
Umbra (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 53%
Energy: 62%
Status: Hm, I managed to get some decent hits in on that thing. Attack -1.
Attacks Used: Inferno @ Monopole ~ Flamethrower @ Monopole ~ Flame Burst @ Monopole

Damage / Energy Calculations
Earthquake - 15% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 16, needed 100 to miss)
Drain Punch - 12% damage, restored 6% health (Shurinam), 5% energy (accuracy roll 88, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 5% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 84, needed 100 to miss)
Inferno - 17% damage, 9% energy
Struggle - 5% damage, 1% damage (Megatherium), 3% energy (accuracy roll 99, needed 100 to miss)
Shadow Ball - 12% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 59, needed 100 to miss)
Drain Punch - 6% damage, restored 3% health (Shurinam), 5% energy (accuracy roll 5, needed 100 to miss)
Flamethrower - 12% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 28, needed 100 to miss)
Struggle - 5% damage, 1% damage (Megatherium), 3% energy (accuracy roll 31, needed 100 to miss)
Drain Punch - 6% damage, restored 3% health (Shurinam), 5% energy (accuracy roll 24, needed 100 to miss)
Confusionfail - 5% damage (Monopole)
Flame Burst - 11% damage (Monopole), 3% damage (Megatherium), 6% energy (accuracy roll 83, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Since Psychic was used to manipulate Shurinam rather than to damage him directly, its damage was significantly reduced.
- Actually, I suppose the exact command order doesn't matter too much, does it? So long as the teams attack in order, it should be fine. And easier to keep track of, too.
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Vigoroth (90) - Metang and Croagunk (50) - Litwick (20).

Arena Notes
- Metallica are playing Disposable Heroes; the Pokémon are Taunted for five more actions.
- This leaves All Nightmare Long, Cyanide, Damage Inc., Enter Sandman, Fight Fire With Fire, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Master of Puppets, Nothing Else Matters, and No Leaf Clover yet to play.

Next Round
- Team Role-oriented Programming attacks
- Team Spirit of the Beehive attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Oh gog.

I laughed so hard when I realized that Megatherium couldn't attack Umbra. I would have laughed harder if his Struggles would have targetted Umbra, too.

EDIT: Where is the damage/energy calculation for Inferno?

Inferno... wasn't used? It used two Flamethrowers and a Flame Burst, which I see now is incorrect and I am a derp. I shall fix this. (EDIT: Fixed)

Struggle would be able to hit Umbra: the A&A guide claims it as a typeless move.

Last edited:
GRARGH so it was. I will be back with a (hopefully completely) fixed version shortly.

EDIT: Now fixed, hopefully for the last time.

Last edited:
I told Monopole to use Psychic on SS to use him as a shield from the Inferno, so it shouldn't have hit it, it should have hit SS. That is since I'm pretty sure that your Pokemon can move slower that its normal speed, which is what I think should have happened.

I'm sure I had a reason for not having that happen, but I can't remember it at all and I can't see a reason at the moment so. I'll redo it, and I swear, after this I'm never taking another tag battle again.

EDIT: RIGHT FIXED and please let this be the last thing ;.;

Last edited:
But wouldn't the fact that it was Telekinesis'd mean that Umbra would be able to move Monopole in front of the attack anyway?

I'm not quite sure I get it, but I'm gonna go with no. Whatever Umbra did to make the attack hit, Monopole could counter by moving Shurinam in the way.

Okay Monopole, use Psychic on Shurinam unless he faints, then use Shadow Ball on Umbra.

Psychic @ Shurinam / Shadow Ball @ Umbra ~ Psychic @ Shurinam / Shadow Ball @ Umbra ~ Psychic @ Shurinam / Shadow Ball @ Umbra

Somebody shur is going down this round.

Aerial Ace his shit up. If you get burned, switch to Facade. And once he's down, Night Slash Umbra.

Aerial Ace @ Shurinam / Facade @ Shurinam ~ Aerial Ace @ Shurinam / Facade @ Shurinam / Night Slash @ Umbra ~ Aerial Ace @ Shurinam / Facade @ Shurinam / Night Slash @ Umbra

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom