• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Monotype tournament.

...actually no, I guess I was just arguing badly. Spikes still isn't that common.
Of the 8 legal Spikers, there are probably only 3 that you're actually going to see; Skarmory, Forretress, Roserade, and since Ice is likely to get bottom-of-the-barrel, maybe Frosslass and Cloyster too.

So! that leaves 8 types with access to Spikes, although it's arguably 7, seeing as Water has better options than Cloyster.

Spikes would definitely be something I wouldn't ignore, since I don't foresee many people using Rapid Spin!

I don't see this as anywhere near as big of a threat as Stealth Rock, since it does damage based on status and the number of times the attack is used, as opposed to Stealth Rock, which does damage based on type.

Yeah, uh, build your spiker with a tank setup, three layers out, 25% damage per switch. Sure it's not as simple as Stealth Rock, but it's still potent.

Three layers of spikes are needed to do the same amount of damage to some types as just one Stealth Rock. It isn't hard to stop them from setting 3 layers up. Probopass and magnezone can trap two of the spikers Walker mentioned, if it really matters that much.

Yeah, only... Steel/Rock/Electric are the only types who have access to those. Mono-type tournament, remember?

I'm slightly suprised this has made so great an arguement. I think if people want to use spikes/toxic spikes, it should be up to them. They're not as dangerous as stealth rock, and stuff, plus so many types can disarm them, it's more likely to just put the person using them at a disadvantage for not having anough moves, unless you're using Forrestress which can explode.

I disagree. Without a cleric, two rounds of Toxic Spikes could be very well fatal, especially since many types have few-to-no options to absorb them. Sure, not too many types have access to Toxic Spikes but the fact that they're potent enough and have little worry about them being absorbed, whoever can use them has a deadly weapon at their disposal!

I disagree. Without a cleric, two rounds of Toxic Spikes could be very well fatal, especially since many types have few-to-no options to absorb them. Sure, not too many types have access to Toxic Spikes but the fact that they're potent enough and have little worry about them being absorbed, whoever can use them has a deadly weapon at their disposal!

Then again, it's difficult to get two rounds up, and it's a very useful tactic for those with a very competitively weak type.

Gonna have to drop out. My DS has died completely, and I don't presently have the money to get it fixed or get a new one. Warranty ran out too. Sorry.

Sorry, but I can see already that likewise I will have to drop out. Stupidly I spent almost all of the first two-and-a-half weeks in the Battle Tower trying to get all the Power Items (of which I still only have like three) so I could EV train faster and... didn't realize I needed all that time to EV train. So now I've got like two Pokemon that are fully EV trained but I still have to get them evolved to the final stages and finish their movesets; three Pokemon that I haven't even started EV training yet; and one Pokemon that I haven't even hatched yet.

stupid dragon types don't evolve until like level 55 or whatever

(but at least now there's still an even number of participants? that's gotta count for something?)

You think you've got it bad, I've only bred for like two pokémon so far and I don't even know their IVs (meaning they might be pretty poor). It's the summer holidays for me now but I've been camping with friends for the last few days and I'm really behind. That said, I'm not dropping out! (...yet.) Because I still think I can hit the deadline. I also need to fool around in the Battle Tower until I can get a few more items, which is annoying.

Is the deadline right when our first rounds are? If there are a few days after it I'd probably feel a lot less pressured

Depends. If people are willing to wait 2 or 3 days before battling you, that's fine. They can still battle each other.

Okay so uh, I managed to procrastinate more than usual on this, so I'm going to have to drop out. :[
I've got one Pokemon partially trained plus the two I already have. Sorry to do this, but even if I manage to finish the one I'm training now, there's no way I can train three more Pokemon in time for the deadline.

I have one complete member, and one I've bred for.

What I didn't realise when I made my last post was that I don't even have the DS with me right now and won't until late tomorrow evening, as it's with my sister who is away, and I'd literally have four days max to build a team.

Looking at all the others dropping out who are even further than I am I guess I should just be realistic about this and follow on. Sorry. :/

Bah, and I thought I'd given everyone a long enough time period to train in. D:

Oh well, is everyone else still okay to battle?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. (To be honest, I was lazy too, and had to get other people to help with mine ^^;)

Bah, and I thought I'd given everyone a long enough time period to train in. D:

Oh well, is everyone else still okay to battle?

Yeah, trust me, were it not for awesome cousins who I haven't seen in ages distracting me and Metroid keeping me away, I probably would have finished, but alas~

This is round-robin format, right? I don't remember. Anyway, I'm ready pretty much whenever, provided my internet isn't an asshole again.

Hmm, well. I'll be ready to battle soon. I'm just on holiday this week, but I THINK there's WiFi. Hard to tell if it'll work or not. :P

Back
Top Bottom