• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Mt. Vesever: A Dangerous Path - Will you save the Crate?

Wait! Can I join!

I agree with what Blaziking said. Absolutely awesome.

Forum name: Zephyrous Castform
Char name: Bouncy
Species: Spheal
Personality: PO, please.
Bio: Bouncy, being rather young, does not have much of a history to tell. He lives with his parents, a female Walrein and a male Floatzel, in a small underwater cave near the edge of Magikarp Lake. He has one older brother and would have a younger sister - only she died from the disease just a few weeks after she was born.
Appearance: Being so young, he is much smaller than an average Spheal, approximately 1' tall.
Relationships: None yet. Could possibly be friends with Shriek, as they are of a similar age.
Item: He has a Bounce Band around one of his flippers. The Bounce Band allows the holder to, as the name implies, jump higher than usual.
Other: Not that I can think of.
Really? :D Well, you ACCEPTIFIED! Oh, and be careful, don't get caught by the red Gyarados! (Ya all kno' it's shiny, right <.<)

And, uh. NEWS!! (again)

I updated some of the location parts, and I'm working on the Club Crater map now :3

Hmm, well okay, but you wont be able to join in on most of the activities. Maybe Coin could have a brother that runs the shop when Coin is gone...

Actually, we'll start now. Cryptica can post her form later and join ^^,
---

Rick woke up in the deepest part of his cave, where it was warmest. Somehow, the temperature of the Crate had rised a lot, not that he cared, he loved the heat and the warmth. It made him feel home. He remembered, in the Pack, he was always cuddled up were his mother was, under her belly to keep the warmth. Oh, how he missed her.

The Houndour stood up and stretched. Another day of life. How nice. Actually, nothing in his life was nice now. He had been kicked out of the pack, his mother was sick, probably dead by now, his father and brother hated him, and he had no friends. His only meaning now was to kill his brother, Vargar, who had taken the leader position of the Houndour Pack when their father had left, and maybe become the next leader. One day... I'll find and kill you, Vargar.

He walked out to the cave entrance and stretched again. The sun had risen a long time ago, he had always been a late riser. He yawned and sat down. There wasn't much to do today. It was almost becoming a daily routine that he went to the discussion rocks to see his father, Fenris. He loved Fenris, but he didn't love him.

Rick jumped down the rocky wall of the crater and padded over to the Pelipper Post Office, which wasn't very far away since he lived in a cave right above it, to check if he had any post.

"Rick? That was you name?" The Pelipper in the office said, and Rick nodded. The Pelipper went to the back of the room and searched in a bag of mail. "Hmmm..." He said as he came back. "No sorry, sir. No post today for you, but then you did come quite early, so you might want to check later today." No post again. He nodded and padded out to the door of the office and sat down, looking at the burning sun.
---

Note that since Rick doesn't have any friends, no one except the ones in the Houndour pack and his father knows about his past.

Bouncy was awoken by the massive yawn of his mother rising from her sleep. The little Spheal opened his eyes and looked around the small cave. There was the female Walrein, already padding over to the pool at the front of the cave for her morning swim, and his dad, who was still sound asleep next to where the Walrein had been.

Bouncy rolled voter to his mother and snuggled up to her soft body. He Walrein turned her tusked head to look down at her son, and smiled, wrapping a single large flipper around him.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah," Bouncy replied, "Thanks. I think I'm going to go and see Leafy now."

"Okay then," the Walrein replied, "Watch out for that nasty red Gyarados!"

"I will"

Bouncy rolled over to the pool and jumped in, creating a small splash. Already feeling his light body beginning to rise back to the surface, he pushed forward towards the cave exit and found himself in the main part of the lake. He stopped swimming and let himself float up to the surface, then bobbed along the surface towards a small island, where his brother lived.

---

OOC: I haven't explained the cave very well, so instead I'll give you a diagram.

Ah, I see X) That was how it looked like in my mind, except that I thought it was more crystallic.
---

Rick must've looked at the sun for hours... or at least it felt like hours, but it was probably just two minutes. He then felt his eyes beginning to water. Even though he was a fire type he wasn't immune to sunlight. He looked down at the ground and dried his eyes with his paws.

He stood up and started to pad over to the woods, which were to the about 5 minutes walking from the Office.

"Hey, you!" Rick heard a voice behind, and turned. "Yes, you. You have a mail!" The Wingull flew over to him, landed on the ground and dropped a letter at his feet. "Thanks..." Rick murmured, and the Wingull returned to the Office. "Who could it be from?"

Rick sat down and, with difficulty, opened the letter with his paws. He folded out the letter on the ground, luckily there was no wind, so he didn't need to hold it with his paws, and started to read.

"Dear brother. With not so much difficulty I have to say, or rather, write that our mother has no hope to live."

The letters was badly written, and some he didn't even manage to find out what they said.

"But if you want to come and say goodbye to her, so be it. We are all in deep sorrow now, and our mum doesn't wish me to attack, so I won't.

Your nightmare, Vargar."

Rick flinched. My mother? No hope to live? Will she die? No time to lose, I have to get to Sinister Forest this instant! He took the letter in his jaws and started to run towards Sinister Forest.

((Oh, yeah, that diagram was from the side. Like a cross-section. And there probably would be some crystals in there, yeah. I like crystals :P))

Bouncy came to the palm tree where Leafy usually slept, but the Sealeo wasn't there. Maybe he'd gone swimming? He sadly rolled back into the lake water and floated along the surface, searching for any sign of his older brother, but to no avail. He decided he'd go and search for Leafy around the lake.

he rolled up onto the dry land and looked around him. He was right in front of Sinister Forest. He looked left and right, and squealed. Running past him into the woods was a Houndour clutching a letter in its mouth. Was it going to pounce on him? Was he going to become a Houndour's breakfast? He covered his eyes with his flippers - with slightly difficulty - and trembled, waiting to feel fangs sinking into his thick fat...

((Uh, I'm going to have 2 NPC's; Blaziking's friend, Munch the Munchlax, and his girlfriend (who I changed from a Torchic to a Vulpix). Is that okay?))

Blaziking leaned on his counter. Business was slow today. Well, mainly because it had only been fifteen minutes since he opened. Blaziking's store was simple, he had a counter, and two caves in back of him. One was his home, and was fairly big, and the other was where he stored his books. He was placed a few feet away from the daycare center, and had an excellent view of the ladder. He heard someone climbing down the ladder and turned. It was Munch, his friend, a Munchlax. He was followed by Chica, Blaziking's girlfriend. They walked over to his counter.

"Hi guys, what's new?" Blaziking asked. Munch reached into a bag he always had around his shoulder that always contained food. He took out a carrot and began eating it.

"Well," Chica said, "I heard of a new, er, writer in, uh, Sinister Forest-"

"You want to go exploring in Sinister Forest again, don't you?" Blaziking asked.

"Wow!" Munch said, astonished, "I told you he'd know that! He's like a psychic or something!" Chica shot a glare at him. Munch began eating his carrot again.

"Come on Blaziking! Please?" Chica begged.

"Why do I have to come along?" Blaziking asked. Munch looked astonished again.

"That's a good point Chica!" Munch said. Munch had always been on the verge of being placed in a mental institution, and got on everyone's nerves quite often, but Blaziking had known him since birth, so he and Munch were best friends. Chica also was friends with Munch, being Blaziking's girlfriend.

"Well," Chica said anxiously, obviously trying to come up with a reason why, "you've...been...spending...too much time, er, in your shop."

"That's a good enough reason for me," Blaziking said, taking out his 'We're Closed' sign. "As long as we can stop by Magikarp beach tonight." Chica sighed.

"Fine fine fine. Let's go!" Chica said.

Forum name: Cryptica
Char name: Venom
Species: Spinarak
Personality: PO
Bio: Venom lives in the Berry Woods with her mother, Sting, and her father, Poision. Yes, it's meant to be spelled like that. Venom's grandmother died of an unknown deadly disease. She also has a 14-year-old brother named Therus (TERR-us).
Appearance: She's a normal Spinarak, a green tick with a face-like pattern on its back.
Relationships: PO
Item: Ariado-Thread. It boosts Special Defense of Spinarak and Ariados.
Other: No.

Rick had almost reached Sinister Forest when he almost crashed right into a small Spheal. "Watch were you're going!" He growled, and dashed towards the forest again.

He stopped by the first trees. None of them had leaves on. Sinister Forest was a Sinister place, but it was his home. He spat out the letter in his mouth and his head rose.

A long, shrieking howl could be heard. Only the ones of the Houndour Pack would understand it, and it would say "Vargar, show yourself!"

A pair of red glowing eyes could be seen in a nearby bush. They growled, and suddenly more red glowing eyes could be seen in the dark. Rick flinched.

"You're here..." A dark voice said from the first pair of eyes who appeared. "Follow..." Rick followed the voice into the woods. He knew it was Vargar, but still he couldn't be too sure. "Vargar..." "Yes?" The dark voice said, and Vargar emerged from the shadows. "How is mum. Is she all right?" Rick asked with a nervous voice. It was a long time since he had been there and seen her. Was it still possible that she was alive? "Oh... she's... fine..." Rick could hear a slight chuckle in his voice, but followed, nonetheless.

Forum name: Cryptica
Char name: Venom
Species: Spinarak
Personality: PO
Bio: Venom lives in the Berry Woods with her mother, Sting, and her father, Poision. Yes, it's meant to be spelled like that. Venom's grandmother died of an unknown deadly disease. She also has a 14-year-old brother named Therus (TERR-us).
Appearance: She's a normal Spinarak, a green tick with a face-like pattern on its back.
Relationships: PO
Item: Ariado-Thread. It boosts Special Defense of Spinarak and Ariados.
Other: No.
Acceptified :D Welcome to the club!

Cicada's eyes flew open and she immediately began to flap her wings, creating a buzzing sound. The Scyther turned her head from side to side, seeing that her mother and brother were already awake. Flying out of the trees, she spied them near the entrance of the Pelipper Post Office. Landing, she followed them as silently as she could, hiding behind trees and bushes large enough to cover her. She stopped next to them, greeting her family. "Sorry, no mail for you," her mother said. The Scizor pinched Cicada's scythe, making her pull away and back up a few steps.
Cicada flew behind her family home, where her mother told Cicada and her brother, Flash, "I'm going out to hunt prey. Behave while I'm gone."

Yay!

Venom groggily awoke, looking ahead. "Hey! Who turned the world upside down!" she joked, spinning on her thread so that she was right-side-up. Sting, Therus and Poision were already awake and... on the ground.
"What are you doing down there?" Venom asked, crawling across her extremely tattered web (which was more of just a string now) and down the tree, over to her family.
"We're moving," explained Therus. Poision nodded. "To make a new home," he finished.
"Really?" asked Venom. She jumped slightly. "That's cool."
"This way," Sting said, scuttling along the ground toward the deeper part of Berry Forest. Venom and the rest of her family followed.
They soon reached a clearing in the middle of the forest. It had berry bushes surrounding it on all sides, and eight trees like the points of an octagon. "This looks good," said Sting, climbing a tree and perching on a branch. Poision and Therus climbed their own trees, as did Venom.
Sting took a deap breath and leaped toward an empty tree.

Blaziking emerged first from the ladder, followed by Chica, then Munch. In a few minutes they had arrived at the Pelipper Post Office.

"Wait, we're going to Sinister Forest!" Chica protested. Blaziking sighed.

"But I need to check my mail!" Blaziking answered. "Being a publisher, you never know if someone REAL has something written to turn in. I'll be right out." Chica sighed.

It wasn't that busy inside, so one Pelipper was available, Fredrico was his name.

"Hi Fredrico!" Blaziking said happily. "Does I have any mail?"

"Ah! Mr. Blaziking!" Fredrico said, before answering, "yes, you do have some mail. Quite a bit. Would you like us to deliver it to your shop?"

"If you wouldn't mind," Blaziking answered. Fredrico nodded his head. Blaziking left the office to see Munch and Chica arguing.

"Yes, but it's not a fruit!" Chica said angrilly. Munchlax was holding a piece of Jalepeno bread in his right hand.

"Yes it is! Peppers are fruits, so obviosly Jalepeno's are, which means that Jalepeno bread is a fruit! HA!" Munch answered, and took a bite of the bread. "Tasty!"

"Wha- PEPPERS ARE NOT A FRUIT?!?!?!!!" Chica shouted angrilly.

"Are too," Munch said defiantly, and took another bite of the Jalepeno bread. Chica bared her teeth and groaned in frustration.

"Have we given up on going to Sinister Forest?" Blaziking asked. Chica and Munch turned to him. Chica seemed relieved.

"Blaziking dear, tell this idiot over here that peppers are a vegetable," Chica asked.

"Why?" Blaziking asked. "You two were settling this argument quite nicely." Chica glared at him. "Come on, let's go!" With that, the group set forth to Sinister Forest.

Cicada said to her mother, "Wait! I want to come with you!"
Her brother crossed his arms. "It takes lots of work to hunt. Are you up to the challenge?"
"Sure I am!" Cicada replied.
Then her mother turned to them. "Come on then," she told them, before flying off.
Cicada carefully followed, taking a deep breath. She wasn't sure about herself, but she would do her best.

Rick followed his brother deeper into the woods. "Are we there soon?" He said, eager to see his mother again, she, who he had not seen for over a year. "Can't you remember your birthplace, dear brother?" Vargar taunted. Rick shook his head. "It's been over a year. Is it strange that I don't remember?" Vargar laughed, it sounded evil and twisted. "You, who loved this place so much! You, who couldn't wait to come back!" Rick didn't say anything. "It is close. The Pack."

They arrived at a rocky clearing close to the wall. There was the leader stone, right above the entrance to the Pack Cave. The leader stone, Rick remembered, was where dad stood and declared Vargar as the new leader. "Rick is too small." He had said to Rick's mother. "Rick wont be able to handle such pressure." Rick also remembered that his mother wanted him to be the leader, but Fenris didn't agree. No. "Vargar has the abilities". He said. "Vargar is the oldest and toughest."

"Where is mum?" Rick said, and turned his head in all direction in search for Lynnet. "Oh. You want mummy?" Vargar said in a baby voice. The surrounding Pack Houndours laughed. They had been affected by Vargar. "Hear, hear! Widdle, whimpy baby puppy want his mummy!" He continued, and the other Houndours laughed harder.

"Where is she." Rick said menacingly through clenched teeth. "She's dead." Vargar's voice rang in his head. Dead, dead, dead... It echoed. Rick could feel the tears press on his eyelids. Vargar grinned "You gonna cry? Widdle lil' baby pup cry cry?" He laughed low.

"No. I... won't cry..." But there was already a tear on Rick's cheek, and the Houndours rolled on the ground, laughing.

"SHUT UP!" Rick yelled at them, and they stopped. "Acting tough, huh?" Vargar said menacingly and took a step closer. "Your lying to me! She's not dead! It's just you who lie!" Rick growled loudly. "Oh, yes she's dead, Rick. We have proof. We have her body." Vargar stepped closer. "But you won't need to see her, anyway. Your going to see her with your own eyes soon enough... in HELL!"

The word "hell" was a signal for the other Houndours to attack Rick. Vargar was the first, and he bit Ricks neck. Rick howled in pain, and shot an Ember at him to get him away. Vargar backed off at the attack, but Rick was soon attacked again, but not by his brother.

All the Houndours leaped onto him, all with attacks. Rick couldn't move under all the weight, he was almost invisible. His only hope would be help from someone else, but the only one who cared for him here was Lynnet, his mother, who was dead. He had no chance, but at least he would hurt Bargar as much as possible before he died. Vargar sa much as possible before he died. Vargar sa much as possible before he died.

Rick lost his breath, he was losing conciousness... Was this the end for him? If it was the end for him, the Packs only hope, then it would be the end for the Pack too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom