• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony

octobr

silence is scarier
Pronoun
it
My Little Pony Gen-- well, I mean, this isn't... so um...

This show is really wonderful, if you like cartoons and I guess if you don't mind it being really girly, and, well, the humor is good too...

Um!!

You should watch it! I think. Please?

This show is awesome! I mean, I knew the Internet was all over themselves about it, but it's actually well-animated and well-voiced and adorably entertaining. And yeah, hilarious as hay sometimes. And the creator also worked on the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's and some other stuff.

(And most importantly, it's got me in it. That's gotta convince everypony.)

Magical ponies? Isn't that a bit... out there? I think I'll stick to my battling monsters for now.

I can't lie to you - when I was a kid, I was obsessed with My Little Ponies. It's the only properly girly thing I've ever been into, but from the age of 6 to about 10, my favourite activity in the world was scouring charity shops and car boot sales for My Little Ponies (oh, to have had eBay!). I had over 100 at one point.
I had a few videos of the show from back in th' day (I still dimly remember some of the songs!), and secretly hated my parents for not having me in the early 80's (rather than two months before the end of it) so I could have enjoyed MLP when it was properly around.

Though I must confess - I'm not that keen on the new version of MLP, just because they're so skinny now! They look like creepy alien-versions of the chubby ponies I grew up with ):

I don't actually know much at all about MLP outside of this show, but comparing pictures of the toys based off the ponies in the show with older MLP toys, I have to say I don't think the older ones don't look nearly as interesting. :c But I'm loving this show and never had any exposure to the older ones, so part of it is probably that I'm just biased in this direction instead.

Last edited:
I can't lie to you - when I was a kid, I was obsessed with My Little Ponies. It's the only properly girly thing I've ever been into, but from the age of 6 to about 10, my favourite activity in the world was scouring charity shops and car boot sales for My Little Ponies (oh, to have had eBay!). I had over 100 at one point.
I had a few videos of the show from back in th' day (I still dimly remember some of the songs!), and secretly hated my parents for not having me in the early 80's (rather than two months before the end of it) so I could have enjoyed MLP when it was properly around.

Though I must confess - I'm not that keen on the new version of MLP, just because they're so skinny now! They look like creepy alien-versions of the chubby ponies I grew up with ):

Pretty much this. Except that when I was obsessed with My Little Ponies, it wasn't around at all - I basically just was addicted to collecting pony dolls from charity shops, and watching episodes on VHS when nobody else cared.

I think the weird style of the new version is what's mainly putting me off, too. :( They look disturbing. The old ones were adorable, with those big flat feet. :3

I don't actually know much at all about MLP outside of this show, but comparing pictures of the toys based off the ponies in the show with older MLP toys, I have to say I don't think the older ones don't look nearly as interesting. :c

I thought they were totally interesting! :C I forget, do the new ones even have a symbol on their sides? I thought that was brilliant.

They're called cutie marks now and there is an entire episode about them.

Yeah, horse puberty!

They're called cutie marks now and there is an entire episode about them.
I figured that term predated the show since it doesn't really seem like the sort of thing the show would've named them. :c But yeah, the idea behind them in the show is that they reflect the pony's personal talent/passion, and don't appear until the pony discovers what that is. So they're treated like an aspect of puberty in one episode.

Last edited:
All I have to say is that Pinkypie is the shit. If someone could make me an avatar of her, I would be eternally grateful.

I figured that term predated the show since it doesn't really seem like the sort of thing the show would've named them. :c But yeah, the idea behind them in the show is that they reflect the pony's personal talent/passion, and don't appear until the pony discovers what that is. So they're treated like an aspect of puberty in one episode.

I don't think so o.o At least, in the 80's version, the markings were just sort of there. I seem to remember a story in one of the annuals (from like 1983 or something) referring to it as "the mark on [x]'s rump" or something. The word 'rump' was definitely mentioned.

And the babies back in th' day had the same marks as their adult counterparts (ie. Baby Lemon Drop looked the same as adult Lemon Drop, she was just smaller), so the 'puberty' thing is new, too.

But I think MLPs were reinvented in the early 00's, so those kinds of things could've been added then.

Totally went into this show expecting to hate it.

AND I TOTALLY LOVE IT. I'm a little frightened.

I officially love this show and am jumping on the bandwagon. :[ I would have sooner if you'd told me there were purple dragons in it! I've loved purple dragons since I was a wee child thing

Does Spike still live in Snapdragon Valley? And do the Sea Ponies still exist in the new version?

All I have to say is that Pinkypie is the shit. If someone could make me an avatar of her, I would be eternally grateful.
I was watching the newest episode and she made this face and hahahaha:
pinkiepieface.png

Does Spike still live in Snapdragon Valley? And do the Sea Ponies still exist in the new version?
Spike lives with Twilight Sparkle as her assistant-type-dragon, and there's been no mention of either of those. And both sound awesome. :c Who knows, though; we're only fourteen episodes in.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think there's been any mention of the sea or where dragons are from at all...

Back
Top Bottom