• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nadya Suleman

People should not be having children that they cannot afford to care for.

Why is it disappointing that people who get media attention and are revealed to be incapable of providing for their children anyway would then be mocked for having fourteen kids?

Also, what about the fact that Nadya got plastic surgery to make herself look like Angelina Jolie? That doesn't strike anyone as weird?

Talk about misappropriation of money. That and she was last seen looking for video games from what I read (I lost the link). And there's no father in the picture; she says it's not worth the time, but I think any man who ends up with her will most likely love the children more than she seems to love them herself. This is one selfish woman. (Judge Judy to comment in 3...2...1....)

Plenty of people do far more stupid things than have the audacity to have many children, but the media don't attack them; young, poor, single mothers so often have to bear the brunt of the judgemental media
The media =/= everyone. I think that rich idiots who end up paying less taxes than everyone else are just as bad as this rather foolish woman.

By all means, don't take any action. There's nothing that we can, or should do to stop her having fourteen kids. But just because she's a ZOMG DISADVANTAGED PERSON doesn't mean we can't criticise what is blatantly a poor decision both on her part and on her doctors' part. The issue isn't that she's poor, or female; I'd say she was making a bad decision if she was a middle-class married woman. For that matter, it'd still be a terrible choice if she was a rich single man adopting fourteen kids.

So yeah. Suleman has the best of intentions by trying to raise a huge family on her own, and best of luck to her. But I still believe that her decision wasn't wise.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with her having fourteen children, as long as she can look after them properly. Just how I don't agree with women having children when they know full well they can't support them and will probably end up on the street.

But from all this media attention she's probably rich now, so~! I don't really think she'd pay to have a website asking for money to support them if she actually couldn't support them.

If she can take care of all of them, then there really isn't any valid reason why she shouldn't have them. :/

If she can take care of all of them, then there really isn't any valid reason why she shouldn't have them. :/
The point is that she's unlikely to be able to care for all of them. A lone woman looking after fourteen children simultaneously doesn't sound like it'll work out.

It's really not a question of whether or not she's allowed to do what she wants with her own body; the problem is that she's bringing more bodies into this world. It's stupid and irresponsible to have more children than you can take care of - this has already been pointed out and, frankly, I can't see how anyone could possibly disagree.

Wow... just... wow.

I feel horribly, horribly embarrassed for her. First of all, she now has waay more children than she ever, ever asked for. She was probably only expecting three or four at most at first. I don't think it was a wise decision, if she can't provide for them. If she can, which I think she'll be able to, then... well, okay.

Also, like many others have said, she's going to be ridiculed for years because of this. Her kids are going to go through hell and back during their school years... especially if any of the octuplets look similar, simply because most small children can't understand the concept of fraternal twins.

And I mean, gawd... 14? I don't think she made the wises decision, but... I just hope that she can provide for them, and that if she conceives again, she makes sure she can continue to care for them...

She expected most of them, actually: she asked for the doctor to implant all six embryos. :| There's also little chance of her accidentally conceiving: she's single and has been for a while.

Well, like I said, I don't agree with her doing what she wants with her body if she can't take after them.

Can't social services step in now? :/

I thought it was necessary to implant more embryos than one wanted because usually some die.

Well, did she mean to give birth to six babies?
That's not the point. She already had six children within the space of a few years, which in my opinion is a bad decision anyway, and having yet another would be just as foolish as having eight more. Well, okay, so maybe one would be less wrong than eight, but that's like saying that stealing one loaf of bread is better than stealing eight.

Edit: jesus, i just checked and they're all within seven years.

if nothing else, that must be bloody painful for her. D:

Back
Top Bottom