• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New decade, new forums

Is there a way to add customization options for the number of posts that are displayed on each page? Currently, it's set to 20 for everyone, but I think I've been on other Xenforo-based forums where there was a setting to change it to, for example, 50 or 100.
This seems pretty nontrivial. There is a paid mod for it, but I'm a bit reluctant to do that; in general, XenForo is set up with post "permalinks" having a page number in the link, which makes them break if there's a different number of posts per page.

it looks like some of the color choices for the roar of time style aren't playing super well together (on user profiles, the light-blue text color of the username is indistinguishable from the background)

it looks like some of the color choices for the roar of time style aren't playing super well together (on user profiles, the light-blue text color of the username is indistinguishable from the background)
Thanks, should be fixed now.

Is it possible to increase the max depth of quotes, even just by 1? It's kind of annoying to quote a post with other quotes that were relevant and have them disappear, and it's happened to me decently often.
This seems to need a mod that's a little awkward (apparently it'll alert everyone quoted inside the quote again), and my intuition is more often than not you don't want the inner quote. What do others think?

Is it possible to increase the max depth of quotes, even just by 1? It's kind of annoying to quote a post with other quotes that were relevant and have them disappear, and it's happened to me decently often.
i would really really love the ability to retain the inner quotes, though the double alert is unfortunate

It does seem like you can still click on the quote to go back to the first quote, so it might not be awful to not have the inner quote if it's not a clean solution. Though maybe Eifie should respond too since it was her request originally :O

oh I guess I was meant to reply

I think the number of people who liked my suggestion gives a decent indication :p

I want the inner quote a lot of the time, actually, and in the other cases I don't particularly mind it being there. in the 1% of the time it actually bothers me I can just delete it.

alerting the inner quoted person again is annoying though. man Xenforo why can't you properly implement basic forum features without needing people to pay or install mods

edit:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nested-quotes-with-improved-notifications.7576/ would this work?

lmao it's Makaze

edit 2: alas, snoopy5 is having issues with it

edit 3: but if it was written with help from Makaze one of the MU people could always just ask them, so

Last edited:
sorry for the lateness on this but This is the first time I'm logging in on desktop view since the Xenforo implementation, and I just noticed we still have the pronoun field! Is there any way to get that field added to mobile view as well? (Or if not, then can it at least be added to the little summary placard that you see when you mouse over a username on desktop/tap on a username on mobile?)

sorry for the lateness on this but This is the first time I'm logging in on desktop view since the Xenforo implementation, and I just noticed we still have the pronoun field! Is there any way to get that field added to mobile view as well? (Or if not, then can it at least be added to the little summary placard that you see when you mouse over a username on desktop/tap on a username on mobile?)
Should work now.

oh I guess I was meant to reply

I think the number of people who liked my suggestion gives a decent indication :p

I want the inner quote a lot of the time, actually, and in the other cases I don't particularly mind it being there. in the 1% of the time it actually bothers me I can just delete it.

alerting the inner quoted person again is annoying though. man Xenforo why can't you properly implement basic forum features without needing people to pay or install mods

edit:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nested-quotes-with-improved-notifications.7576/ would this work?

lmao it's Makaze

edit 2: alas, snoopy5 is having issues with it

edit 3: but if it was written with help from Makaze one of the MU people could always just ask them, so
I've installed this but it doesn't appear to have changed anything, as far as I can tell.

Small bug I just noticed (on mobile, not sure about desktop): the new forum software doesn’t appear to be able to handle nested spoiler tags properly (or maybe it’s a more general issue with multiple spoiler tags in one post). Here’s an example.
Also, I just ran some more thorough find-and-replacing to fix this (the issue was that initially when I find-and-replaced hide tags with spoiler tags it handled multiple hide tags in a single post incorrectly). Some posts still seem to be wonky but I'm not sure if they were originally wonky or what.

I've installed this but it doesn't appear to have changed anything, as far as I can tell.
I kind of know the person who posted the mod that Eifie linked, Osieorb18, so I asked him and he said to try installing NixFifty's version first and then the linked one. Maybe that might work?
All right, now we're talking! Thanks for helping debug this~

I kind of know the person who posted the mod that Eifie linked, Osieorb18, so I asked him and he said to try installing NixFifty's version first and then the linked one. Maybe that might work?
All right, now we're talking! Thanks for helping debug this~

lmao Keldeo has contacts

do you think you could set the limit of nested quotes to 2? apparently that was an option with the NixFifty (which I just realized isn't NiftyFix... sad) version so you might be able to set it there. if not then whatever it's cool.

lmao Keldeo has contacts

do you think you could set the limit of nested quotes to 2? apparently that was an option with the NixFifty (which I just realized isn't NiftyFix... sad) version so you might be able to set it there. if not then whatever it's cool.
...Is it? All I'm seeing in the discussion on NixFifty's mod is somebody requesting that feature and the developer going "I can add that if you pay me money for it." Not seeing any options anywhere I'd expect would be relevant.

lmao Keldeo has contacts

...Is it? All I'm seeing in the discussion on NixFifty's mod is somebody requesting that feature and the developer going "I can add that if you pay me money for it." Not seeing any options anywhere I'd expect would be relevant.
oh, maybe I confused it with the thread where people were manually making the change to the file that got packaged into an add-on. oh well.

Back
Top Bottom