• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nonsensical, Contradictory and/or Stupid Things in Video Games

At least in the Genesis/Mega Drive Sonic games, Robotnik is always able to outrun Sonic. Despite the fact that Sonic is, y'know, the fastest thing in the (game) world.

... Yeah. ><

power ups and double jumps.

And Guitar Hero, the guitar setting on fire...

Er, in Mario, coins heal you. I theorize that they are all made of some delicious, healing chocolate, and I am now jealous of Mario. :P Mmm, chocolate.

Which Mario game? I do believe coins are used as points and currency, not as healing items.

Still, how are the blocks almost always holding something despite being clearly solid?

Why does Bowser put a button on the end of the bridge to destroy the bridge, and why doesn't he use it against Mario?

Which Mario game?
Super Mario 64 (& DS), Sunshine and Galaxy.

The blocks hold stuff because they're like boxes. Boxes are solid and they contain stuff.

Why does Bowser put a button on the end of the bridge to destroy the bridge, and why doesn't he use it against Mario?

And why does he keep toads behind them. I'd just get someone to say "Your Princess was in this castle but she's dead now. You can go home."

In Brawl, how do the bombs just drop from the sky?

How does anything drop from the sky?

I recall reading somewhere that the SSB world has weird rules about why items appear but I can't remember where it was or how reliable it was.

In every JRPG: You can bust into private homes, loot their items, even get items from the residents, and just leave merrily without anyone calling the police.

And how many phoenixes are there to get their feathers/talons/any other body part?

Phoenix Wright: Justice for All: How can Franziska von Karma hit everyone with her whip and not get arrested for assult?

At least in the Genesis/Mega Drive Sonic games, Robotnik is always able to outrun Sonic. Despite the fact that Sonic is, y'know, the fastest thing in the (game) world.

... Yeah. ><

Even worse, if you use a debug menu cheat in Sonic 2 and go to the Death Egg, and turn Super Sonic when you kill the Silver Sonic robot thing, when you start chasing after Eggman, he OUTRUNS Super Sonic.

On FOOT.

Um.

- In A Link to the Past, you can occasionally hit rocks over and over to get money, but picking the rock up and breaking it does nothing.
- To eat a fruit in Animal crossing, your character makes random head movements while bobbing your head, and the fruit magically shrinks.

Oh, yes, on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (maybe others, I haven't played that many Sonic games), in the Chao garden, there's always a shadow under fruit. The shadow remains the same size...even when the fruit is teeny tiny. o.O

What are monsters in RPG games doing with equips, potions, money, and the like and where do they come from if you can't see them on the monster until it dies?

Hmmm actually come to think of it.

- In Brawl, on the Luigi's Mansion stage, the size of the mansion is about one thousandth the size of the one in the game. And, there are only two rooms. And no ghosts.

You do realise you can point out something that's wrong with practically every stage?

It's called the Mushroom Kingdom, not Mushroomy Kingdom, The Pirate Ship is about 1/5 of the size it is in the game, The Bridge of Eldin never got blown up, since when to Palkia, Dialga and Cressilia just randomly appear on Spear Pillar?

If the Final Destination platform if flying through the air at such high speeds and someone jumps up then shouldn't they fly towards the screen?

^ Isn't that one of those things where, if you jump in a plane, you still land in the same spot?

Though, the wind resistance would probably rip you from the stage...

You do realise you can point out something that's wrong with practically every stage?

It's called the Mushroom Kingdom, not Mushroomy Kingdom, The Pirate Ship is about 1/5 of the size it is in the game, The Bridge of Eldin never got blown up, since when to Palkia, Dialga and Cressilia just randomly appear on Spear Pillar?

It became the Mushroomy Kingdom because it used to be the Mushroom Kingdom, but became ruined, or something to that effect.

The Pirate Ship is small because they don't want to cause Micro-Play, like what happened on the Great Fox in SSB64.

I can't answer the Bridge of Eldin problem, since I never played Twilight Princess.

They get Palkia and Dialga from the fact that they actually did appear on Spear Pillar, though not randomly. I have no clue where Cressilia came from. Guess they didn't want to spoil the Dragon Trio.

It became the Mushroomy Kingdom because it used to be the Mushroom Kingdom, but became ruined, or something to that effect.

OK, but when you play on that stage, it's clearly either level 1-1 or level 1-2 of Super Mario Brothers and New Super Mario Brothers. You can't really see he terrain in the original, but in NSMB level 1-1 is grassy, where in Brawl, it's a desert.

Back
Top Bottom