• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nonsensical, Contradictory and/or Stupid Things in Video Games

In Sims 2 DS You can put a bed or any other furniture in your pockets D: and if you tip a cow then milk it, you get a vanilla milkshake XD. And your hotel is run by NUCLEAR POWER RODS AND YOU TOUCH THEM WITH YOUR BARE HANDS AND NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOU D:
Also why do I take showers in my bathing suit?
How did everyone get my number?
When I wear the rat suit, why do I leave it on in the shower?
Why do people steal my hotel guests toilets?
Why do the people at desks never leave? Don't they have to eat or sleep or pee?
In the art gallery, I paint awful things on the wall, and people buy them saying it's 'beautiful, Breathtaking' (The worst thing being a pile poo, or Hannah Montana eating a puppy) then I paint a flower and they say its vulgar filth, or their nightmares D:
Ahahaha Crime Spree bob is awesome~

How the hell do the people in Pokemon put a bicycle in their backpacks?

In Fable, where do you put the weapons? this happens in like EVERY game, you have a gigantic hammer/sword in your pockets? How does that work?

In Fable, where do you put the weapons? this happens in like EVERY game, you have a gigantic hammer/sword in your pockets? How does that work?

Hammerspace, magic satchel, whatever you wanna call it. But apparently, we keep it all in an alternate dimension or something. >.>;;

In AC GC, you could send mail with a fossil attached to the fossil... thingy... and they'd always send it back. You could also attach any message you wanted to it and they wouldn't care. (Ahh, the wonders of cursing the inconvenience of fossil checking. Glad they removed that in AC:CF.)

(on a somewhat related note, AC villagers are fucking idiots)

In Sims 2 DS You can put a bed or any other furniture in your pockets D: and if you tip a cow then milk it, you get a vanilla milkshake XD. And your hotel is run by NUCLEAR POWER RODS AND YOU TOUCH THEM WITH YOUR BARE HANDS AND NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOU D:
Also why do I take showers in my bathing suit?
How did everyone get my number?
When I wear the rat suit, why do I leave it on in the shower?
Why do people steal my hotel guests toilets?
Why do the people at desks never leave? Don't they have to eat or sleep or pee?
In the art gallery, I paint awful things on the wall, and people buy them saying it's 'beautiful, Breathtaking' (The worst thing being a pile poo, or Hannah Montana eating a puppy) then I paint a flower and they say its vulgar filth, or their nightmares D:
Ahahaha Crime Spree bob is awesome~
I have that game. Good, but badly made :(. It crashed every time I looked in the inventory so I had to start a new game.
There are other strange stuff. It only takes eight hours to turn a tiny room into a bigger, fully furnished room with working plumbing and electricity.

I just explain everything in the game with 'It's a place called Strangetown'.

Oh and I drew a picture of a toilet with a drowned mouse/rat/small cat in it and it was a masterpiece.

How the hell do the people in Pokemon put a bicycle in their backpacks?
As J.T. said, hammerspace, but I'm also under the impression that the bikes are fold-up ones.

How do you get thrown off the edge easier if your Percentage is high? -Brawl

How do you get thrown off the edge easier if your Percentage is high? -Brawl
Damage.

It's like you're 5% hurt, it's a papercut. If you're 834% hurt, you're on life support.

@ Murkrow: A Gen. III game mentioned that it's a folding bike.

Thsi is just a question. Where are they after every brawl at the "award ceremony"?

Why can Meta Knight be "copied" by Kirby when in the anime Kirby cannot eat/absorb/copy heavy things (including Meta Knight)

How can Ike keep up with Marth and Meta Knight in SSE when he is the slowest character in the game?

Last edited:
Why can Meta Knight be "copied" by Kirby when in the anime Kirby cannot eat/absorb/copy heavy things (including Meta Knight)

The Kirby anime is a different universe from the games. It pains me whenever I see people make this mistake. (Still, Meta and D3 cannot be inhaled in the games, and Stone Kirby cannot be grabbed or damaged, but for some reason he can in Smash.)

How can Ike keep up with Marth and Meta Knight in SSE when he is the slowest character in the game?

The slowest character in the game is Ganondorf. Ike is actually fairly fast for a heavyweight character.

Sonic is the fastest person in the game but is the last person to arrive to help the fight in the Subspace Emissary.

Maybe he just had a really, really long distance to travel.

Sonic is the fastest person in the game but is the last person to arrive to help the fight in the Subspace Emissary.

Maybe he just had a really, really long distance to travel.
duh, all the way from sega. Snake hitchhiked on a spaceship :D

Ike is one of the slowest (overall move wise one of the lowest, his speed doesn't match his atttacks.Still, that doesn't answer my question.

Incidentally, the character who has the slowest running speed is Jigglypuff. Ganon is the second slowest

Another Kirby question: How is it that Kirby can swallow a giant flaming lion, but can't swallow Meta or Galacta Knight?

if you tip a cow then milk it, you get a vanilla milkshake XD.
^That milkshake thing is very strange. It's funny, though.

It appears that in most games, they TRY to make it seem like there is limited space in your pockets ('oh no, your pockets/bag is full'), yet your bag wouldn't be full if the one thing inside it was an elephant.

^That milkshake thing is very strange. It's funny, though.

It appears that in most games, they TRY to make it seem like there is limited space in your pockets ('oh no, your pockets/bag is full'), yet your bag wouldn't be full if the one thing inside it was an elephant.
Some games like Neverwinter Nights and Oblivion rectify that by giving weight.

-In Harvest Moon games, crops and animals are full grown in a matter of days
-In Sonic, Tails' age is about 8 or 9 (that's official info), yet he can pilot a plane
-In PDM2, you and your partners have names (like "Flare" and "Aqua"), while everyone else is called "Skitty", "Treecko" etc. (Not to mention there's an entire team of Poochyena)
-PacMan can eat things twice his size

Animal Crossing has a lot of things:
-Neighbors can be octopuses and birds, yet you can catch an octopus and there's an item called the "bird cage"
-Furniture is in leaf-form in your pockets
-Your pockets can hold 15 items (including furniture, tools, clothes, etc.)
-There's only four humans per town.
-You're never hungry, but a special character named Wendell asks for food
-You can dig up fossils that can be identified as a T-Rex skull or Woolly Mammoth torso, yet they're small when you hold them
-The Museum won't accept counterfeit paintings. (One painting you can donate is the Famous Painting, better known as the Mona Lisa.)

Well, I've been going through Golden Sun again (can't you tell) and, if you didn't know, there's this one part where a bunch of people turn into trees.

What's wierd is that the trees can:
-Sense their surroundings and what is happening to fellow trees
-See themselves
-Sleep
-Detect Weight
-Know that they are stuck in a river and will be swept away
-THINK. Yes they can think...

Which is odd because they HAVE NO SENSORY ORGANS. THEY ARE TREES.

Also, this sounds stupid on a Pokemon forum, but the fact that you can catch a Wailord in a tiny ball... is odd to me. And X Speed is just ASKING for criticism.

Hm... the fact in the sonic games into why would they make the world's "Ultimate Lifeform" a hedgehog? Don't you think a person would make a little more sense?

Why are there no bedrooms in Pokemon apart from the ones you and your rival sleep in? o.o Are they hidden, or does everyone just sleep on the floor or something? Or in their fridge, there seem to be a lot of them...

Can you say Futon? Take Japanese culture 101.

Anybody here up for some HSOWA? Seriously WTF!

All Pokemon.

Ehh...one of Alakazam's Pokedex entries claims he/she never forgets anything he/she learns. What about Pokemon moves?

Why are there two story houses in Pokemon without stairs XD How do people get up?

Why the hell does towns and cities never have many people living there? Especially hometowns, in Pallet town there are THREE buildings. All of some importance.No normal people living there.

Why is there a set path like thing? The trees seem to grow in the exact place you want them too.

Why are there two story houses in Pokemon without stairs XD How do people get up?
More to the point, why are there dozens of houses houses in some games with no doors?

Why is there a set path like thing? The trees seem to grow in the exact place you want them too.
Maybe that's where they cleared a path through a forest or something?

Back
Top Bottom