• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... Kudo. I would very much like to throw him, Moe the Clown, and Wendy Oldbag down a mineshaft together, and see which one emerged alive *It'd be Oldbag, though, so I'd mostly do it to kill off Moe and Kudo.* I liked 3-2. The DeLites were hillarious, plus there's the entire thing with Mask*Jazz Hands* Demasque. 3-3 was sort of...meh. Armstrong will haunt me in my nightmares, Viola scares me, and Lisa was sort of more annoying than I thought she'd be. On the plus side, Maggey/Gumshoe! *Squee*

Mask*Jazz Hands* Demasque

I love this XD

Yeeeah, I didnt like Lisa too much, either. Which was a shame, because her character design was awesome and she set up the funniest line in the game ("This is SPARDA").

Maggey and Gumshoe are absolutely adorable. I love them. And theyre het. Crazy stuff.

I know! Granted, Gumshoes only real other love interest possibility one could see is him and Edgeworth...I wonder who would win in a fight between Maggey and Edgey over Gumshoes love? *Goes to happy/hillarious imagination place*

I sometimes pronounce Maya "MY-ah", other times "MAE-ah". I dunno why.

And it's GO-DOH, please and thankyou.

Maggey and Gumshoe are absolutely adorable. I love them. And theyre het. Crazy stuff.

Totally agree with you there. :3

The games have so many awesome characters it makes me sad because I can't make myself like one character over the other one. -_-

The games have so many awesome characters it makes me sad because I can't make myself like one character over the other one. -_-

The games have so many awesome characters it makes me sad when I end up disliking one :D

On the 3-2/3 topic: I quite liked how for once
it wasn't actually a murder that started the case. That's like the second case that's started like that - the other being 4-2. And you had a guilty client, although he wasn't guilty of murder :3 The case was only ruined for me because of the fact that I had to start it over when halfway through it because my friend was playing 3-1 and accidentally saved at the end...

Heh, 3-1. Said friend and another friend started playing 3-1 and 1-1 at around the same time one day at my house, and because 3-1 is so horrendously long for a first case, by the time my first friend was done with 3-1 my second friend was already well into 1-2.

I liked the circumstances of the murder/'plot' if you will of 3-3, although most of the characters made me want to shoot them. D:

3-2 is kind of eh for me; the total cast of minor characters in the case is definitely one of the very most entertaining in the series, but the case itself I just never liked much.
I remember being insanely annoyed at not being able to add the box and paint stains to the court record right away even though their significance was already obvious (I swear, I tried it every single time I entered that basement, at least a dozen times in all before I actually succeeded), for instance, I could never really get properly interested in the mystery of the urn theft, and when the murder came along it felt kind of tacked on. Also, that last testimony of Luke Atmey's! Good God, that annoyed me. Almost every statement in that testimony was flawed, and yet only one of them led to winning the case. Moreover, whichever statement you pressed would result in the first couple of messages being exactly the same, both Phoenix's objection and Godot's response, which led me to reset my DS after pressing the right one and then stare at the game in puzzlement as the same thing happened with every statement in the testimony (which was really goddamn long, too). Twice.

Meanwhile, 3-3 was kind of the opposite. I liked the basic concept of the main case and some parts of how it played out, but didn't really like the characters (particularly Armstrong, who creeped the hell out of me) and the Viola backstory would have had to be expanded upon more for me to really like it.
More specifically, I enjoyed the concept of a programmer trying to pay his debts with a virus and happening to win the lottery, resulting in him being murdered because the loan shark wanted the virus, not the money. I was endlessly amused by the entire scene around getting Victor Kudo to talk, and the "infinite ammo code" line. I also liked the fact that Viola scared the hell out of me when I first saw her with that laugh of hers, and the entire left-right thing and the deal with the mirror were some of my favorite contradictions and attempted explanations in the series. And Tigre seemed too dumb to feel properly threatening once we'd met him; I liked how sinister he seemed in the opening scene of the case, but then we saw him and he was all red and overblown and had a silly dialect so I couldn't take him seriously. :/

Heh, 3-3 was - quite literally - the case that got me into Phoenix Wright, as well. I was on the chatroom of another forum with a friend of mine when she mentioned that she needed help with something on this "murder mystery game"... It sounded sort of like the description of Phoenix Wright that I'd read from Danni's art thread, so I asked what the name was and it was PW. :P So I ended up helping her with one of Armstrong's testimonies, and then I decided that I wanted Phoenix Wright, so my mom took me out the next day to get it. ^^

I hate the second T&T chapter, I forgot what it was called, but I seriously don't know where to go next. Help? Its not exactly spoilers because i'm stuck. Please?

Butterfree is reading my mind... >.<

The box. Ugh. When I saw the corner of the paint, I immediately thought "the box!", but it wouldn't let me pick it up. And the murder felt really out of place; I was actually more interested in solving the mystery of the vase. The vase amused me no end though; I mean, it got broken again, and it was actually pieced together right this time. I really love how the vase kept on getting broken, and nobody ever noticed it. Ok, so it got noticed, but still. Sorta makes you wonder what happened to Ami's spirit, no?

Oh, hey, look, conversation I can actually get in on again. *kicks AJ*

@Butterfree: Thank you.

Am I the only person who was not traumatized by Armstrong? Jean Armstrong is awesome. How can you fear such an innocent little girl? :D

Eh, Viola's story never really struck me as all that sad... as Butterfree said, they really didn't get into it enough.
I mean, yeah, she worked for Don Tigre because she had feelings for him, et cetera, but... eh, there just wasn't enough of it to evoke any sort of real sympathy. I was still a little too worried about whether or not she was going to shove poisoncookies down my throat to feel sorry for her beyond a quick "awww ):". And it was hard to take Don Tigre seriously, but he made Phoenix and the judge do the cutest stuff... "Ruh-roh!" :3

I didn't get T&T or AJ. My parents are gonna try and track one down though.

EDIT- Got T&T today......:D

Last edited:
Okay, I'm replaying through 3-2, and Has anyone else noticed that everybody that takes the witness stand seems to be just a teensy bit gay for Godot? *Except Dessie, who is turned off...sort of making her a lesbian for Godot* I mean, there's Ron, who is so eager to prove himself guilty to the prosecutor...and then there's Luke. I mean, with the two double teaming you, and Luke's rambling about how Godot is the top prosecutor in the country, I hear little gay bells ring-aling-ing in my head.And it's so damn creepy.

...Anyways, with the mental images that accompany that rambling above, I need to gouge out my inner eye.

I think there's an argument for making every character in the entire PW series gay with at least one other character (as in, Mia's supposed to be straight, but you can't deny the ease with which she can be paired with Lana. Or even Dahlia). I'm racking my brains and really can't think of anyone. o.o
...Cody?

I cannot, however, even begin to imagine a situation romantically involving Jean and a woman X3

I'm not the only one that thiks Armstrong's creepy, am I? I mean he's a good character, but.....creepy...

I'm obsessed with Godot....RUN EVERYONE! I haven't had any dreams about him.....yet

Well, Cody hero worships Will Powers. Oldbag, however, is gay for no one. She's Edgeysexual. And I'm sorry for saying that. *Stabs out my mind's eye* ...There's also Penny Nichols! Unless she and Maya...darnit. Then there's Machi from AJ...

Why are you sorry? It's absolutely true about Oldbag.

I pair Pearl and Cody...similar age....and I just think they'd be cute together....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom