• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Odd HM Slaves?

Tropius would like to have a word with you but is too busy flying me around and ending both world hunger and scurvy.

Now even compared to Golurk, Tropius is an amazing pokemon & to do that is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

I hope you're happy with yourself.

I used my shiny Gyarados in Soul Silver for Surf, Whirlpool and Waterfall.

Right now I'm using a Swanna for Fly, Surf, and Dive.

Gyarados, Tropius, and sometimes my starter without realizing it. One time in my sapphire, my Sceptile knew strength, rock smash, cut, and leaf blade. Oh! I often also inadvertently (because its better than that) use breloom as an HM slave.

I, for the record, have never used Bibarel as an HM slave. I did use mew once though.

I just share HM's around the party, and usually it works out that at least one pokemon on my team can learn one HM.

I use a Rattatta for my slave with rock smash and cut. My Noctowl knows fly, Feraligatr knows surf, Dragonite knows waterfall, I taught my Magmar rock climb and Ampharos knows strength. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for flash and whirlpool yet though.

Ruby: Wailord (it kind of helped for the Regis) Abra and Aron to cover most things. Can't remember what my flyer is though. I think it might be a Level 100 Tropius off Colosseum, but I may have another that I don't use to beat up the E4.
Emerald: Tropius and Golduck.
Diamond/Platinum: Tropius and Bibarel
White: There's a Watchog that has cut and strength, an Unfezant that knows fly, and a Panpour I got off the GTS has the water HMs (I haven't used Dive or Waterfall at all yet)

Usually I have at least one water and one flying type on my team that have Surf and Fly, and I can usually find at least one more move I don't need, so I'm sure there's at least one pokémon with a combination of Cut/Strength/Rock Smash/Waterfall/Dive/Rock Climb somewhere.

I always use Pelipers and Wingulls as HM slaves. I usually teach them Surf, Fly, Dive, Waterfall... etc...

Though not its normal specialty,
I have found that Skarmory
Is a good choice for HM slave
When my teams are so water based.
It can learn Cut, and it learns Fly.
It can even learn defog, and why,
If darkness ever blocks my way,
It's got Flash, so I'll be okay!
It also works for smashing rocks,
But I really don't do that a lot.

My Wailord in Emerald accidentally became one. He knew Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Ice Beam as his only non-HM move. I feel so bad, that's a lot of wasted potential right there.

I used Mew once. I got a glitched up Magikarp capable of learning any more in Sapphire. I used that until I brought to my Pearl and it was a bad egg. Now I use my Carracosta and Ferrothorn.

Careful, I heard theres abolitionists freeing the HM slaves.

Back
Top Bottom