• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/B/Y Oddly Learnt Moves

Charizard couldn't learn Fly in Red and Blue. They changed that in Yellow.

Lairon can learn Fly.

GOTCHA!

But seriously. Rhyhorn can learn Dragon Pulse. It isn't even a dragon..?

^M, actually. I had one of those special Kangaskhan.

Oh, okay. I forgot.

Anyway, I thought this was supposed to be R/B/Y only? While we're on the subject of third gen. Pokemon, I wonder how any Poke besides Electric can learn attacks like Thunder? Seriously, where do they get their electricity from, the sky?

Oh, okay. I forgot.

Anyway, I thought this was supposed to be R/B/Y only? While we're on the subject of third gen. Pokemon, I wonder how any Poke besides Electric can learn attacks like Thunder? Seriously, where do they get their electricity from, the sky?

Bibarel can.
;O.o

^ Yes. And many others.... :)

Water types that can learn Electric moves scare me. Since they're Water types, doesn't that mean their bodies are full of water? Water's dangerous with electricity, so a water type like Lapras using Thunder....it would basically fry it from the inside....right?

Last edited:
Oh, okay. I forgot.

I came to the conclusion Psychic-Types use their psychic powers to generate electricity.
But then again, it's a game.

the old "doduo and dodrio learn Fly" thing always struck me as being a tad odd.. particularly in RB when charizard couldn't.. same with the zubat line until Gen IV.

Diglett with Body Slam, particularly looking at the move description.. not sure how much damage that would do.

ah, Mimic/Mirror Move/Copycat/Assist just throws the whole logic thing off :v
ignoring the fact that superpowered creatures are very logical to start with.

Ever since Generation 2 you've been able to breed Hi Jump Kick into Tyrogue, which you can then evolve into Hitmonchan.

It felt so very wrong trading it back to RBY from GSC with its kicking counterpart's signature move.

^ That reminds me, Gastly learns Ice/Fire/Thunder Punch through breeding...
IT'S A LITTLE BALL OF GAS WITH A FACE D:

The moves are possibly Ice/Fire/Thunder Face with it... meaning, it punches with its face?

Rattata can learn some Electric-type moves.

I find it funny that almost everything can learn Toxic. What are the toxins, stomach acid?

You can teach glitch moves to Gengar, Golem, Machamp, and Alakazam. On RBY, you need a Haunter/Graveler/Machoke/Kadabra at a level where its evolved form learns a 2nd Gen move in GSC. Trade the Pokemon to GSC, it will evolve and learn the 2nd Gen move (e.g. Golem and Magnitude), and then immedietly trade back. The 2nd Gen move will turn into the glitch move that occupies its hex slot in RBY (Magnitude will turn into TM28 for example).

I always thought it was strange that Swablu and Altaria couldn't learn Defog considering that almost every single Pokemon with wings can learn it. Add in the fact that Stunky and Skuntank can learn Defog and you got yourself some serious confusion. Wouldn't the Stunky line be better at actually creating fog instead of getting rid of it?

Also, Azelf can learn Explosion. By level up. Hm...the image of this little, 1 ft., 0.7 lbs. Psychic-type exploding on command is kind of strange, don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom