• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Oldest Nicknames

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
I'm reading back over the Light Mightyena threads (which happened well before I joined but people made a big stink about them sooo) and I noticed that even back then Tailsy was still called Tailsy even though she's had other nicknames. And some people still know Viki as surskitty (or in my mind, Floop), Chalumeau is sometimes Mudkip to me, etc.

So I guess I'm just curious to know what some people's nicknames for others are that are older than you would expect given how long it's been since they used that name. Viki and Chalumeau haven't been Floop and Mudkip in a very long time, but I still make that association because that's what they *were*. Anyone else (old member or young) have that experience?

(Funnily enough, I don't think anyone remembers me as anything but Polymetric and Augment, maybe Leafpool, even though I was at my most infamous when I was G-Mew, ZigZag and Crystalline Pikachu.)

i have been jolty since the dawn of time

though i have been icedragonjolty (still has jolty in it so) and was spanners for that year when i was banned

fandom secret i STILL think of viki as surskitty
and i am trying to remember what datura's first name was omg..... AURORAKING YES THAT WAS IT
also i remember when tarvos was bulbasaur. and i almost just called him altmer oops

I'm reading back over the Light Mightyena threads (which happened well before I joined but people made a big stink about them sooo) and I noticed that even back then Tailsy was still called Tailsy even though she's had other nicknames. And some people still know Viki as surskitty (or in my mind, Floop), Chalumeau is sometimes Mudkip to me, etc.

So I guess I'm just curious to know what some people's nicknames for others are that are older than you would expect given how long it's been since they used that name. Viki and Chalumeau haven't been Floop and Mudkip in a very long time, but I still make that association because that's what they *were*. Anyone else (old member or young) have that experience?

(Funnily enough, I don't think anyone remembers me as anything but Polymetric and Augment, maybe Leafpool, even though I was at my most infamous when I was G-Mew, ZigZag and Crystalline Pikachu.)

you're still zigzag to me >||| although I remember that mainly because super-obvious guess who.

you're still zigzag to me >||| although I remember that mainly because super-obvious guess who.

you've still never told me who you are D: *flail*
and i kind of remember the guess who. i feel like what i did was post, have no one guess me, and then post again saying like "MY NAME IS SIMILAR TO A CERTAIN EARLY-GAME HOENN POKEMON'S NAME" or something but i can't quite recall

Poly, I actually moreso remember you as Leafpool most of the time when I'm not thinking.
And then pretty much everyone else I recognize by whatever name they happen to be using.

I myself used to be Superbird and then I shortened it and whatever. I might go back, might not, who caressssss

ffff chal just texted me to express extreme shock that i was, in fact, both crystalline pikachu and zigzag

somehow i managed to be both infamous and unknown at the same time. infamous in that people recognized the names and are shocked (probably because i've improved a buttload since then), unknown because nobody noticed when i changed my name from zigzag to crystalline pikachu or crystalline pikachu to leafpool :p (at least i *think* that was the order they were in...)

birdy, i always remember you as superbird. and datura/auroraking/whatever is always furret in my mind.

I've had a fair share of usernames (Zironixx, Wolfie, and Oddly Hydraulic, Kay¿), but I've used Spoon for the longest, so I'm pretty sure that's what most people know me as. (Unless it's from a different place, then it's some variation of the shockingly different Spoon-Fork.)

Datura's still Furret, but occasionally AuroraKing in my mind. Poly alternates between Poly, Augment, and Leafpool. Tarvos is usually Tarvos, but sometimes Altmer. Viki is always floop or surskitty*. I vaguely associate Chalumeau with Mudkip, but ey's always Chalumeau. Kratos is Phoenixsong, never Kratos. Superbird is Superbird; Birdy doesn't exist. No matter what Tailsy goes by, she's always Tailsy. I shorten sreservoir to res, but that doesn't really go here, does it? Pathos is sometimes Whivit. Jolty is Jolty, but I'm never sure if the j should be uppercase, lowercase, or the whole name should be caps. I still associate Lyra with rock-ground, but he's almost always Lyra. Alraune is sometimes Megan, sometimes. Green is just a scrambled mish-mash of names, so I just go with Green. Sangfroidish is Meowth.

Dannichu and Music Dragon (if memory serves) haven't changed their usernames ever, so they both are those names.

I kind of wonder how many new usernames where just shortening of old ones.

*Fun fact: I still vaguely remember surskitty's usertitle for some reason: that guy who knows guys.

Last edited:
ffff chal just texted me to express extreme shock that i was, in fact, both crystalline pikachu and zigzag

somehow i managed to be both infamous and unknown at the same time. infamous in that people recognized the names and are shocked (probably because i've improved a buttload since then), unknown because nobody noticed when i changed my name from zigzag to crystalline pikachu or crystalline pikachu to leafpool :p (at least i *think* that was the order they were in...)
I had no idea you were all the same person.

... I'm not surprised people still think of me as surskitty, given that I still usually use either surskitty or daikonpan as my username ... Viki's just because I like Suikoden and for a bit there I was going as Viki on irc. I'm not sure why I switched over to Viki here. 'Why not', probably.

Just please don't call me 'Floop'. Ow.

when I joined tcodf in 2003 my username was HellFlameVulpix

in light of this knowledge I am more than fine with being Tailsy for the rest of my life

I've had a fair share of usernames (Zironixx, Wolfie, and Oddly Hydraulic, Kay¿), but I've used Spoon for the longest, so I'm pretty sure that's what most people know me as. (Unless it's from a different place, then it's some variation of the shockingly different Spoon-Fork.)

you're spoon to me but i only just remembered that you were zironixx wow. I mean I knew that but i just... forgot?

Pathos is sometimes Whivit.
!!! That's a new one. Didn't know that.

I had no idea you were all the same person.

Again: Infamous yet unknown. Until a few years ago, Butterfree and opal hadn't made the connection between Leafpool/Poly and G-Mew.

I got on everyone's nerves back then didn't I :p

Again: Infamous yet unknown. Until a few years ago, Butterfree and opal hadn't made the connection between Leafpool/Poly and G-Mew.

I got on everyone's nerves back then didn't I :p
I don't think I liked you that much but I also don't think I particularly disliked you. If I'd had strong feelings either way, I'd've noticed the name changes, but I didn't, so I didn't. So that's something :D

I remember most people's old nicknames, I think, except if I didn't care about you back then. It happens. Sorry if I didn't care about you back then.

whivit was also pentimento and moo when I'm not calling to poo, but I always call it poo nowadays. (it wants me to be enema. is a mutual thing, suppose?)

... I just, don't lose names easily. when I switch to a different name for something, it's usually because it's easier to think/pronounce/type/something.

you've still never told me who you are D: *flail*
and i kind of remember the guess who. i feel like what i did was post, have no one guess me, and then post again saying like "MY NAME IS SIMILAR TO A CERTAIN EARLY-GAME HOENN POKEMON'S NAME" or something but i can't quite recall

I think what came of that last time was, idek but I think ocean was me once but I can't tell because most of the distinctive developed rather later and I can't even younger-me.

My old nickname has been lost to the sands of time, so that you may never find-

H-hey wait! What are you doing? Don't scroll over my username! Nooooooooo!

Yeah, I never change names. If I did, maybe people would forget my younger self even more? I don't know.

At least Ketsu (what an awkward name in retrospect... orz) wasn't my original name, which has been lost to the sands of the Great Forum Crash of '08. Unless you remember.

I think I've basically always been the same. Always.

Other people I talk to I mostly just refer to by their actual names by now sans Flora and Flareth.
poly will always be glittermew to me (i remember being a wee 12 year old zor and absolutely idolizing her sprites, holy god was i a twatter)

The rest of you are mostly just 'that one person i vaguely dislike'

Back
Top Bottom