• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I can't say I like the look of the Aquas.

though! I can't wait to see the gym leader redesigns and gameplay footage or customization options or other cool stuff :O

Gym leader... redesigns?
If they screw this up again like they did with Sabrina... >:(

I'm still not sure how I feel about Brendan and May's redesigns, but at least May wasn't reconned like Crys was.

Megas have not swayed me away from Blaziken, though the new ones look really cool.

Doesn't look like the starters got new art though.

On which page can you see the Brendan and May's redesigns? All I can find is the back of Brendan's head in the bit next to Steven.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Brendan and Steven look pretty much the same I think. May looks a bit different and I can't say I like it. The best way I can describe it is that it looks too gen 6. The way her hair looks and the frilly bits of her clothes remind me of Shauna. I don't mind Shauna but it doesn't really suit May in my opinion.
Also I generally don't like the way faces are drawn in official gen 6 art.

Magma look okay, and I like how Maxie looks. The main change to Aqua I don't like is the lack of those long trousers with the white bit down the side, it makes them look slightly less like pirates.
Changing the bosses of the teams seems to make sense. They didn't have much of a personality in the first place, so I guess it's just the same kind of deal as with the Rocket admins in HGSS, which I was skeptical about at first but now I think it was a positive change.

Last edited:
Mega Diancie looks amazing. Not really sure about how I feel with Mega Sceptile and Swampert, but hey, it's okay.

I love Steven's, Brendan's, and May's redesigns, but the redesigns for Aqua and Magma seem almost too different. Speaking from nostalgia, probably, Archie and Maxie don't actually look like themselves to me? It's something I can definitely warm up to, though.

Also, I still have no idea which one I'm getting aaa

xrsPMk3.png

So I herd u liek steroids.

Most of the outfits are hideous, though I do like Shelly (even though she's just that Battle Arcade chick), and Matt amuses me.

Brendan either looks like he's going to shit himself, or that he's an empty shell depressed beyond all hoped putting on a horrifyingly fake smile to convince others that he's fine. I don't know what the hell is with his face, but there's just something completely wrong about it.

Not too impressed by most of the things in the leak, but

EXTREMELY COOL GRASS/DRAGON MEGA SCEPTILE

That's pretty much all I'll really need.

I won't be too bothered with the new character designs if character customization is still an option. Otherwise, I'm displeased.

I also can't wait until Diancie is released, because it's going so hard on my trick room team.

Wooo more megas! :D can't wait for mega Sceptile especially, though it's still got the crippling weakness to ice, so that's a bit disappointing. I've been waiting for a grass/dragon since people thought Serperior would be one, though, so it's welcome nonetheless.

I don't mind the character designs, but I do wonder if they'll opt to keep the trainer customization in or not. Also, those primeval/ancient/prehistoric/whatever legendaries look like an incredibly cool mechanic that I hope they'll expand to others. Still no word about the battle frontier, though :/

As long as they give sceptile a wider special movepool (and I'm sure tutors will be able to do that), it could easily be a very useful special sweeper who gets a free switch in to electric types.

Also if the ancient thing is not eventually extended to Dialga I will be much disappoint.

There are no words for how much I'm not digging these Magma/Aqua redesigns. They only vaguely even resemble the same people?? what the heck happened to you guys

There are no words for how much I'm not digging these Magma/Aqua redesigns. They only vaguely even resemble the same people?? what the heck happened to you guys
They're Mega Evolving, just like the starters.

My general opinion on the new stuff is that it's all great and super exciting. I love the Megas, the Teams look good, and I'm glad that they're changing it up to make them more unique. Plus it's nice to know the Mach and Acro Bikes are returning as well. I already decided I'd be going with Mudkip since I never did before, but that Swampert is something else... I'll grow attached to it, I hope.

Let's all get excited for seeing this same info, except in video form, at E3 and Pokémon Get*TV.

First ORAS news! This is exciting:talking:

*I love the new Groudon/Kyogre forms. They look super-powerful without being over the top. The question now is if Rayquaza gets one.

*I don't like the new Team Aqua/Magma designs. The grunts are O.K., but everyone else looks way too different for no reason

*Steven, on the other hand, looks pretty much the same as he did in RSE, witch is good.

*The Mach bike is back :grin: And also the Acro bike, but I only ever used that one to get items.

*I really, really like the new designs for Brendon and May. Not as much as their original designs, but still pretty cool. It helps that they took a lot of elements form the Emerald designs (especially with Brendan), and I liked the Emerald designs.

I'm so pumped for these games:love: I've played a lot of video game remakes, but this will be the first remake where I've actually played the original game. I can't wait!

I'm most likely going to buy both games (I have both X and Y, too) - the internal battery in my Sapphire died recently so the announcement of the remakes was music to my ears~

...I kind of wish they ported Sinnoh to 3DS since TORTERRA. My favorite starter ahoy.

I'll probably only get one (if I get one at all, that is)

Not sure which I'll get. I own Sapphire so maybe I'll go with OmegaRuby. But then if I follow the rule I set myself that I have to play as the boy in the "first" game and the girl in the "second", then I'll have to play as the boy.
Which is okay if there is no character customisation since I've already said I'm not too fond of the new May, but if there IS character customisation I'd want to play as the girl because if it's anything like X and Y, the boy's clothes choices will suck.

Aaand here's a new trailer with gameplay and stuff :O

Looks pretty cool to me! ahhhhh now I'm getting all hyped up again :D

EDIT: also there are some new pictures, including the Hoenn map:
hoenn.jpg
Wonder what the dark castle-looking thingy in the top right of the region is? I don't remember anything being there :O

The new Groudon/Kyogre formes are Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, as some people probably guessed. :P

EDIT#2
tbh my favourite part is how fucking done Maxie is with everyone's shit:
JrfV2IK.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom