• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ouch!

I have a fairly high pain tolerance. I've found cuts and scrapes I've never even felt. However, there's a couple things I can't tolerate at all. Big cuts and blood and such.

I'm impossibly fast and strong... my skin is pale white and ice cold... my eyes change colour sometimes and I'm speak like I'm from a different time... I never eat or drink anything and I never go out in the sun.

Say it.

I'm impossibly fast and strong... my skin is pale white and ice cold... my eyes change colour sometimes and I'm speak like I'm from a different time... I never eat or drink anything and I never go out in the sun.

Say it.

You're a wizard, Harry.

Ahem. I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but I think I probably have an average to above-average tolerance for pain, and an average pain threshold, probably.
On the one hand, I definitely feel when I stub my toe or something, and I may go around for fifteen seconds or something just swearing and/or grumbling loudly and incoherently. On the other hand, it doesn't so much hurt as it does irritate me when that happens, and I'm normally fine.

Worst pain I've been in was probably either after I got my wisdom teeth out a few years back, although I think what really bothered me wasn't so much that my teeth ached but that I couldn't chew because of it; or when I was about seven, and I fell off the side of our basement stairs and landed on hard concrete about a meter and a half, maybe two meters below. I can't even say I remember that too much. I just know there was a lot of blood, and I was bawling my eyes out, but again, I was a kid. So end of the day, I'm not really sure what my tolerance for pain is at higher levels, and I'm not too anxious to find out, frankly.

Say it.

You're not a vampire - you just play a lot of World of Warcraft.

corection. i have BAD tolerence to pain. i fell off a swimming pool ladder yesterday and wimpered for like 5 minuted. (mostly because i hooked one leg over and now have a epic bruise to show for it.)

Hahaha I have the worst pain tolerance in the world

when I was younger I was rollerskating and I fell down and hurt my arm and cried until my parents took me to hospital because I thought it was broken

it was a bruise! four hours of waiting in emergency admissions for a bruise! my other talents include: accidentally cutting myself with my own boxcutter at work and bleeding fricking everywhere from a tiny cut! also getting four teeth removed for braces and continously accidentally touching the sore spots with my tongue after the local anesthetic wore off, but not before falling down the stairs at the dentist and hurting my butt!

in short: I hurt myself a lot. and it hurts :C

To give you an idea of my pain tolerance, I absolutely can't play volleyball. At least not properly. The reason? The way you hit the ball hurt too much - one hit and I'm in pain for the next minutes.

I guess I have most problems with hard, sudden hits? At least, each time that happens I'm out for a while and have to recover for some minutes before doing anything else.

And who can forget stubbing your toes. ...Or rather, the space BETWEEN your toes. Ow ow ow ow ow.

Actually, I take it all back - I burned my hand on a grill this evening and oh dear god it hurts. I've been putting frozen peas on it, which is fine until they defrost and then the pain returns and it's a horrible growing thing that CRESCENDOES IN IMPOSSIBLE AGONY.

(it's perhaps not that bad, but it's going to be annoying trying to sleep tonight)

Actually, I take it all back - I burned my hand on a grill this evening and oh dear god it hurts. I've been putting frozen peas on it, which is fine until they defrost and then the pain returns and it's a horrible growing thing that CRESCENDOES IN IMPOSSIBLE AGONY.

(it's perhaps not that bad, but it's going to be annoying trying to sleep tonight)

I don't suppose a vat of liquid nitrogen would be available (or healthy)!

My pain threshold is quite low, actually. I can feel pain from a small scratch on my arm or something. (Actually, I itched my arm just before writing this and it kinda hurt.)

But I make up for it by having an extremely high pain tolerance. When I used to work at McDonald's, I sliced my left index finger open and lost a lot of blood (enough to nearly pass out, about five minutes later) and simply grabbed a paper towel to wrap around it. (When I did nearly pass out, I was still completely coherent and aware, but I felt like I couldn't move.)

Other times I've been hit pretty hard, and shrugged it off (sometimes going "ow" under my breath when whoever hit me wasn't looking), or I'll carry something that's rather painful to carry, and not let it affect me.

Of course, that last bit may be because, when it comes to working, I'm rather stubborn. I'm getting a bad back (already), so I'm in almost constant pain working all day.

I deal with sharp stabbing pain rather poorly, but any dull throbbing pain is nothing to me.

Really? I'm actually the opposite, for the most part. Sharp, stabbing pain is like, "Ow?", but dull, throbbing pain is "OH GOD IT HURTS!". Or should I say, it passes my pain tolerance a lot quicker.

Though, it might be more accurate to say that external pain is nothing, but internal pain, like a headache or earache, is debilitating.

The worst damage is down to the time, and I skinned my knee so bad, it ruined my jeans, I still have a scar, after 3 years, last year when I lost the struggle with the bread knife.

Back
Top Bottom